December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
scylla said:
It really depends on the visa office. Some visa offices request the passport when they are ready to issue the visa. Other visa offices (e.g. Manila, ND) request the passport at the start of the process.
my visa office is Singapore, and I believe I am at last stage of the process. They asked me to submit passport along with Right of Permanent Residence Fee. do you know how long it usually takes for Singapore visa office to return my passport?

Shozib hamdia anwer

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
MSAM said:
salam ,
i'm from pakistan and ....i hv done my remedical 10th june 2013 and send to islamabad embassy..... still waiting for ppr .... .... anybody i here who is still waiting for ppr after remedical ... please answer me ... i'm so worried .....

Yes i am waiting too , my medical was done in June too and its gonna b 8 months by this month so worried , can't think anything , plz share ur time line ,

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
scylla said:
It really depends on the visa office. Some visa offices request the passport when they are ready to issue the visa. Other visa offices (e.g. Manila, ND) request the passport at the start of the process.
STRANGE THINGS HAPPENED TODAY!!!! first they asked me for right of permanent residence fee and asked to submit my passport. and today I just received a letter from Singapore immigration. they have sent me back all the pictures prove I provided them. (about 150 pictures by courier)... do you know it happened to anyone else that they returned all their pictures? ???

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Saied said:
STRANGE THINGS HAPPENED TODAY!!!! first they asked me for right of permanent residence fee and asked to submit my passport. and today I just received a letter from Singapore immigration. they have sent me back all the pictures prove I provided them. (about 150 pictures by courier)... do you know it happened to anyone else that they returned all their pictures? ???
2-6 weeks from when they get your passport. It's been 2-3 weeks for most. Pay the fee ASAP to avoid delay and don't stress. You're almost there

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
toutesweet said:
2-6 weeks from when they get your passport. It's been 2-3 weeks for most. Pay the fee ASAP to avoid delay and don't stress. You're almost there
Im a little stressed because they sent me all the pictures I provided them for evidence and documentation of our marriage. I never heard anyone getting back their pictures.. :| is it normal?

congratz by the way for your visa. :)

maverick27

Nov 24, 2013
Hi,

I am an Indian working in Kuwait and my fiance is a PR in Canada. We will be marrying in December this year. I have started collecting information on the spouse sponsorship and would like the experts here to clarify some of my questions:

1. I am working in Kuwait so the nearest visa office would be Abu Dhabi. But I have noticed on this forum that Abu Dhabi is taking around 20-22 months (even though the CIC website says 18 months) to process the application. My question is can I select New Delhi as the visa centre as its taking around 12 months there?

2. If I have the option of selecting New Delhi visa centre, can I request the visa office to ask for the passport request (PPR) towards the end when they are ready to issue the visa? I am asking this because I noticed the New Delhi visa office asks for the PPR within 1 week to 2 months of receiving the application and further its taking around 8 months more to issue the PR. If they can allow me to send the passport towards the end it would help me as I would continue to work in Kuwait till the PR is issued.

3. Will my fiance be able to stay with me in Kuwait after marriage till we wait for my PR issued to be issued.

4. Can I start the sponsorship process by going to Canada before the actual wedding in december and getting a civil wedding done there. In this way my PR would be ready in at most a couple of moths after the marriage. Are there chances of my application getting rejected as the visa office might suspect a fraudulent marriage as the official wedding would be in december and there wont be any marriage proofs like wedding card, pics etc to show.

Experts please give your valuable comments and the best possible way to go ahead with the sponsorship process.

Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Saied said:
Im a little stressed because they sent me all the pictures I provided them for evidence and documentation of our marriage. I never heard anyone getting back their pictures.. :| is it normal?

It totally depends on the Visa Office. We never got our pictures back but we did get a single random Christmas card and a single Birthday card back, out of the many supporting documents that we sent.

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saied said:

I think that cic keep only the forms that we filled and return other documents and proofs to us when they take a decision
Seniors here can correct to me

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
remonda said:
I think that cic keep only the forms that we filled and return other documents and proofs to us when they take a decision
Seniors here can correct to me
The majority of documents will not be returned normally, unless the specific regional instructions say that you must submit "original" documents, not copies. (there are some areas of the world that insist on these for fraud prevention purposes). Original documents in these cases will be returned.

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
zardoz said:
It totally depends on the Visa Office. We never got our pictures back but we did get a single random Christmas card and a single Birthday card back, out of the many supporting documents that we sent.
really? they sent you a christmas and birthday card?? puff....and I was thinking it strange to get my pictures returned!!!! mine one seems normal now hearing yours :) Thanks for sharing. I feel better now :)

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
The majority of documents will not be returned normally, unless the specific regional instructions say that you must submit "original" documents, not copies. (there are some areas of the world that insist on these for fraud prevention purposes). Original documents in these cases will be returned.
Yes you areright

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi,

I am a Pakistani citizen living and working in Saudi Arabia, my wife is a Canadian citizen. We got married in Dec, 2013.

I understand that once my wife initiates the application, they will consider her aspect of the application and then move it to Abu Dhabi when considering me.

My question is, if I have the documents/forms (that are required on my end) already prepared and filled out, would she be allowed to send them in on my behalf as she makes the Sponsorship application?

Hence Abu Dhabi coming back to me only if there's something we've left out.

My concern is that even if I do submit the documents and the forms, Abu Dhabi might ask me to resubmit everything.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
wo403 said:
Hi,

I am a Pakistani citizen living and working in Saudi Arabia, my wife is a Canadian citizen. We got married in Dec, 2013.

I understand that once my wife initiates the application, they will consider her aspect of the application and then move it to Abu Dhabi when considering me.

My question is, if I have the documents/forms (that are required on my end) already prepared and filled out, would she be allowed to send them in on my behalf as she makes the Sponsorship application?

Hence Abu Dhabi coming back to me only if there's something we've left out.

My concern is that even if I do submit the documents and the forms, Abu Dhabi might ask me to resubmit everything.
You must send ALL the documents (hers and yours) in a single package to CPC-M for the initial sponsor approval.

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
zardoz said:
You must send ALL the documents (hers and yours) in a single package to CPC-M for the initial sponsor approval.
Ah, I see. Well, thanks for letting me know.

Now my question is about the Police Clearance Certificates,a request letter is required before I can get the actual certificate from the local police. Should I wait to get that request letter from Abu Dhabi or see if I can get it now and send it to my in Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
wo403 said:
Ah, I see. Well, thanks for letting me know.

Now my question is about the Police Clearance Certificates,a request letter is required before I can get the actual certificate from the local police. Should I wait to get that request letter from Abu Dhabi or see if I can get it now and send it to my in Canada.
Why do you believe that a request letter is required? I don't see that as a requirment on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/united-arab-emirates.asp