Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Leon said:
If she is out of status and her application to restore has been denied, she needs to leave. Did she receive a Departure Order (form number IMM 5238)? If she did, she needs to leave within 30 days and have her departure verified by an immigration officer at the airport. If she doesn't leave, her departure order will turn into a deportation order and when immigration catches up with her, she will be deported, may be banned from Canada for some time and will certainly have a problem getting a visa if she wants to return.
Thanks a lot ,Leon.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
keesio said:
right, i know they do the check in Canada. But CanadianJeepGuy also mentioned the time it takes for the police to do a check in the country of the applicant's origin.
Yes, I'm not sure if they do that considering applicants are required to send the PCC with the application. Unless he means matching the PCC with the record to make sure it's not fake. That would make sense.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014

HELP2012

May 28, 2012
Hello Leon, my initial spousal visa was refused because my canadian husband's divorce was not finalized before we got married outside Canada, we didn't go the appeal route, but we have now rectified the situation, we annulled our marriage and have remaried, do you think that the second application will be processed any faster? Or will it take the same time, we have a baby now as well now and have applied for his proof of citizenship, will this any how make the process any faster??
Thanking you for your assistance- much appreciated

esr

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-August-2013
Nomination.....
11-September-2013
AOR Received.
30-August-2013
File Transfer...
11-September-2013
Med's Done....
02-July-2013
Passport Req..
06-May -2014 Passport received CEM by Beronia May 08, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon... "To God be the Glory"
Hello guys i need any suggestions.. My application receive in Mississauga yesterday august 19... worrying because in my document checklist number 18 i forgot to put x on the box on number 18 but i sent my proof of employment as well as pay stubs what should i do? is that a big problem that i enclose the requirement but i forgot to put marked x on it?is this cause a refusal on my application??? appreciate your opinions...

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
HELP2012 said:
Hello Leon, my initial spousal visa was refused because my canadian husband's divorce was not finalized before we got married outside Canada, we didn't go the appeal route, but we have now rectified the situation, we annulled our marriage and have remaried, do you think that the second application will be processed any faster? Or will it take the same time, we have a baby now as well now and have applied for his proof of citizenship, will this any how make the process any faster??
Thanking you for your assistance- much appreciated
It probably won't have any affect at all on your application, but anticipate questions about the annulment. If they ask you questions while processing your application, that could cause delays, so provide a detailed and documented explanation for the situation that answers every question you think they might ask.

Whatever you do, I'd make sure that you can be together during the wait, whether that means waiting together for an outland application, or not traveling outside of Canada during an inland application. You can't replace the time when your baby is little!

HELP2012

May 28, 2012
Thank you Ivan P, we cannot apply inland because I am currently out of Canada, and applied three times for visitors visas while the first application was being processed and was denied... So we will have no choice but to apply Outland... Wow this is so hard

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
HELP2012 said:
Thank you Ivan P, we cannot apply inland because I am currently out of Canada, and applied three times for visitors visas while the first application was being processed and was denied... So we will have no choice but to apply Outland... Wow this is so hard
Yes, it is hard, and there's really nothing that can be done to speed up the process other than to submit a complete application with no red flags (or at least no unexplained red flags). Even then, CIC works on its own schedule, and doesn't much care about applicants' schedules or family situations or hardships (or, rather, the government doesn't care enough to allocate adequate appropriate funding for timely processing of applications).

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Leon said:
If she is out of status and her application to restore has been denied, she needs to leave. Did she receive a Departure Order (form number IMM 5238)? If she did, she needs to leave within 30 days and have her departure verified by an immigration officer at the airport. If she doesn't leave, her departure order will turn into a deportation order and when immigration catches up with her, she will be deported, may be banned from Canada for some time and will certainly have a problem getting a visa if she wants to return.
A departure order that converts to a deportation order is an automatic lifetime ban on returning to Canada (though it can be overcome with an "Authorization to Return to Canada").

It is best if she leaves in such a situation.

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
hello,

i got my gcms notes, can someone help with the following

PR counterfoil required: N
HIRV: cancelled
Criminality:
Org crime: cancelled

im sure they received our new meds cuz my ecas was updated to meds received but they didnt mention it in the notes. is that ok or does it mean theres something wrong?

(emailed them a couple of days ago, they replied that my file was under background security check)

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
parker24 said:
Yes, I'm not sure if they do that considering applicants are required to send the PCC with the application. Unless he means matching the PCC with the record to make sure it's not fake. That would make sense.
As I understand it the PCC would be a more detailed account of the applicant's criminal history but that may also require further corroboration through INTERPOL if that applicant has traveled/moved abroad frequently or has a history of criminal activity.

Sama.Karady

Aug 20, 2013
I want to sponsor my spouse, and I want him to stay with me in Canada throughout the process, however, only if he'll be able to work there while being a visitor (anything that does not require a work permit).

-I heard that its rly hard that my husband gets his TRV approved after we get married, so assuming my husband applies for the TRV before we get married, can we then get married in our hometown and then travel to Canada? Or will it be better that he goes to Canada alone, after we get married and then I go after him? And if so, he will need a letter of invitation from someone other than me. Can he get it from a family friend?? (This friend has a daughter and a son(teenagers))

And its actually impossible for him to work ANYTHING in Canada before being a PR? I thought some jobs do not require that..

And regarding the pr renewal. If I go live in Canada in the last year of the 5 years, will they take my PR when I leave Canada and by that i wont be able to enter again? And if i stay in canada for another year, so by that ill be in canada for 2 years (but only 1 year within 5), will I get the pr renewal?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sama.Karady said:
I want to sponsor my spouse, and I want him to stay with me in Canada throughout the process, however, only if he'll be able to work there while being a visitor (anything that does not require a work permit).

-I heard that its rly hard that my husband gets his TRV approved after we get married, so assuming my husband applies for the TRV before we get married, can we then get married in our hometown and then travel to Canada? Or will it be better that he goes to Canada alone, after we get married and then I go after him? And if so, he will need a letter of invitation from someone other than me. Can he get it from a family friend?? (This friend has a daughter and a son(teenagers))

And its actually impossible for him to work ANYTHING in Canada before being a PR? I thought some jobs do not require that..

And regarding the pr renewal. If I go live in Canada in the last year of the 5 years, will they take my PR when I leave Canada and by that i wont be able to enter again? And if i stay in canada for another year, so by that ill be in canada for 2 years (but only 1 year within 5), will I get the pr renewal?
If you have been outside Canada for 4 years and want to enter for the last year, it is possible that immigration will realize when you enter Canada that you do not meet the RO (residency obligation). If they do, they may report you which is the first step towards revoking your PR status. You would be able to appeal that but it would depend on your reasons for not meeting the RO if they will let you keep your PR or not.

If you are able to enter without a problem, you could stay for 2 years straight to bring your PR status back in good standing. It does not matter if your PR card is expired for the 2nd year. If you apply to renew with 2 years in the past 5, you will get your renewal. However, you should not risk leaving Canada during the 2 year period and you should not apply for anything from immigration, including not to sponsor your spouse. If you try to sponsor your spouse when you do not meet the RO yourself, immigration will examine your case and if you did not have good reasons for staying outside Canada, they can revoke your PR.

Nobody will take your PR card when you leave Canada but once it is expired, you will have a problem entering Canada and you can not renew it if you do not meet the RO.

Getting a TRV is hard for someone who is married to a PR. Therefore, it may be better for him to apply before. If you sponsor him inland, you could apply for an open work permit at the same time which may be granted after 6-8 months with the current processing times. He would have to stay in Canada throughout the processing time of his PR. If you choose to sponsor him outland, he can be in Canada on a TRV if he has one or he can go home but he would have no right to an open work permit.

Otherwise, if he wants to work and can find an employer who applies for a labour market opinion for him so that he can apply for a work permit, he could work. Without a work permit, it's hard. You can see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-nopermit.asp a handful of occupations allowed to work without a permit.

vbdevgan

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 September 2012
AOR Received.
27th September 2012
Med's Request
24 May 2013
Med's Done....
31 May 2013
Passport Req..
17 Sep2013
VISA ISSUED...
8 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Next Week
Hi guys ,
By any chance does anybody has or can help me with the format of "Declaration of severance of common-law relationship" ??
like what exactly we have to write in it ?

MistahFixIt

Dec 30, 2008
Newfoundland
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M => CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
20-04-2013