12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
sophieeg said:
Hi, I am new to this forum and require lots of help I hope I am posting in the right forum I am filing my sponsorship application and his PR application with the Nairobi Offices

. I am actually a naturalized Canadian Citizen, (Parents Immigrated when I was 5 And I simply tagged a long) I knew my Fiancee since birth I am now 19 years Old and a Student at York University, My Fiancee is 24 years Old born and raised in Mauritius (my native country also), we were good friends since he was my neighbor (and actually since my grand mother still resides in Mauritius, they are still neighbors, his family and mine are very close) in 2007 he sent me a friend request on facebook, we talked but did not date because long distance and only seeing each other on Webcam was not ideal, We began our relationship Officially in May 2013 -June 2013 when I went back to Mauritius after 12 years to visit him and family members. Since we already knew each other and each other's families, things moved pretty fast between us and I am going back for my second trip in December 2013-January 2014 to marry him, My parents and brother along with my uncles and aunts & Grand parents in Canada (Father's side of the family) are fully aware of the relationship and really wish they could attend but will be working and Mauritius is quite far for my father who gets very sick on 26+hrs plane rides, My mother really wishes to attend the wedding but she was unable to get the weeks off her work schedule so our plan was to have a civil wedding ceremony with my grand mother & his sister being the witness followed by a small wedding reception at his home or my grand mother's with the whole family (his and my mother's side of the family) and friends, afterwards I was planning to file my sponsorship application once I am back to Canada in Jan. 2014 will send the files to Mississauga, if everything goes according to plan and he receives his PR we are planning on having a church wedding here (born and raised Catholics) with my father's side of the family.

My problem is, since we did not date during the 2007-until May 5th 2013 Period I did not keep proof of our conversations to show that we indeed met, we have no pictures of us at a young age playing together, will they think I made up the whole story of knowing him since that age?
I can show that I was in fact born in Mauritius and his home address and Mine.. will that be enough??
During my first trip I took quite a few pictures but my camera was stolen so all I have are some pictures on my laptop but planning to take a lot more in December-January when I go .. How much is too much? lol Embarrassed

- Will his age and my age matter, does it make me seem young ? I just turned 19 in June 2013 and he will be 24 in a week

- I am currently on OSAP and living with my parents the last time I had a part time job was October 2012 can I show my T4 for 2011? I am planning on getting a part time job during the school months september-april and then going back to Mauritius from April-September to live with him once school is done and wait for the papers ... so I will not have any income, how can I explain that to them? I know for sponsoring a spouse there is no income required but can I show my bank statements, I am not sure what Option C print out is since my parents usually filed my taxes. I do have a T2202A form from school can I show that?

Does it seem like we are getting married to fast? will CIC be suspicious?, because even though we have known each other for 19 years, we began our relationship in May and will be getting married after only 7 months ...

Our relationship is extremely genuine, my Mother always knew we would end up together and has told me many times, prior to even dating him that we would make a perfect couple, can my parents write letters explaining how they wish they were able to attend and how once he receives his paper we will be able to live in their 2 bedroom basement apartment until he is able to find a job? He works in the construction field for 5 years now he is fluent in French and understands English and can somewhat speak it, so I hope it will not be too hard for him to get approved for jobs here .

Sorry for the long post, I hope you guys are able to understand everything

thank you. Kiss
I wouldn't recommend getting married before at least 1 year. If that's not possible (aka, you've already put money down), is it possible you could live with him in his country for 6 months before filing for PR? That would help the situation. (Since you are a citizen, you can remain outside Canada while you sponsor him too.)

My opinion (and you'll get lots of different opinions here and we all have good points) is what really matters is the romantic relationship. It's cute that you've been friends for so long, but friends aren't in adult interdependent relationship. They are just friends. So, I would yes, show proof you've been friends and kept in contact, but just enough to show CIC you kept in contact. There is no point in trying to prove what type of relationship because "friends" don't qualify for immigration. My advice would be to show a small sample from the friendship years (maybe a birthday card or Christmas card or a screenshot showing your emails - but make sure to mark it clearly as "FRIENDS - BEFORE DATING." (Don't confuse CIC, they are confused enough already) and ask family on both sides write statements about your relationship. When they write these letters they can validate you've been friends for a long time.

Also, a random note I picked up on - your Fiancé is Catholic. In order to be married in the Catholic Church (within the religion NOT the government), you have to actually be physically married inside of a Catholic Church, as you may know. He may want to include a note about why he's okay with a civil ceremony for now. This is especially important if you're from a heavily Catholic country. If he is Catholic, but non-practicing - then on the forms, he can write he is a non-practicing Catholic and it should explain to the Immigration Officer well enough.

If this last part confuses you, I understand. Let me know what questions you have and I will try to answer.

If your parents are willing to allow him to live with you, you can also ask them to write letters of support. You will need a document called Option C from Revenue Canada. The instructions on how to get it are in your guide.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp#3900E2

As far as age, there is no right answer. Yes, you are young. Young people get married and sponsor their spouses too. Personally, if you're worried about anything, I would be more concerned with the length of your relationship prior to marriage. IF you have an interview, CIC may question him (or you if you attend) on how you can be so sure you want this person for the rest of your life at a young age. It will up to you to answer. (I don't have advice for the answer, I got married at 31!)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sophieeg said:
My problem is, since we did not date during the 2007-until May 5th 2013 Period I did not keep proof of our conversations to show that we indeed met, we have no pictures of us at a young age playing together, will they think I made up the whole story of knowing him since that age?
I can show that I was in fact born in Mauritius and his home address and Mine.. will that be enough??
During my first trip I took quite a few pictures but my camera was stolen so all I have are some pictures on my laptop but planning to take a lot more in December-January when I go .. How much is too much? lol Embarrassed
Was the relationship prior to that time unknown to anyone else? If you cannot document it, a visa officer might be skeptical, but the assumption isn't that you are lying - it's more like "trust, but verify". So the purpose of evidence is to support your story. If there are parts of your story that do not have evidence, as long as they are consistent with the parts that are documented, you should be ok.

As for knowing him at a younger age, you can use support letters from your family and friends who might be aware of the situation. Evidence does not need to be photographic or text message or IM chat logs - it can be the support and recollections of others in your life as well.

sophieeg said:
- Will his age and my age matter, does it make me seem young ? I just turned 19 in June 2013 and he will be 24 in a week
A 5 year age difference does not seem to raise red flags generally.

sophieeg said:
- I am currently on OSAP and living with my parents the last time I had a part time job was October 2012 can I show my T4 for 2011? I am planning on getting a part time job during the school months september-april and then going back to Mauritius from April-September to live with him once school is done and wait for the papers ... so I will not have any income, how can I explain that to them? I know for sponsoring a spouse there is no income required but can I show my bank statements, I am not sure what Option C print out is since my parents usually filed my taxes. I do have a T2202A form from school can I show that?
An Option C printout is something you get from CRA that summarizes your tax return filing. What you must do is convince CIC that you will not need social assistance. This can ALSO include information about your partner/spouse's skills and abilities, it doesn't have to just be about your own skills/abilities. You can also use letters of support from family (showing that they will help you and your new partner get started in Canada).

sophieeg said:
Does it seem like we are getting married to fast? will CIC be suspicious?, because even though we have known each other for 19 years, we began our relationship in May and will be getting married after only 7 months ...
CIC's job is to be suspicious. If they have doubts about the relationship, you should expect to be interviewed. Since you two have been communicating for so long the depth of that knowledge of each other would come out in such a forum.

Seven months is not unreasonable. Some people move faster, some slower. Again, there's no single time limit here. Some might suggest you wait longer, but there's no legal requirement that you do so.

sophieeg said:
Our relationship is extremely genuine, my Mother always knew we would end up together and has told me many times, prior to even dating him that we would make a perfect couple, can my parents write letters explaining how they wish they were able to attend and how once he receives his paper we will be able to live in their 2 bedroom basement apartment until he is able to find a job? He works in the construction field for 5 years now he is fluent in French and understands English and can somewhat speak it, so I hope it will not be too hard for him to get approved for jobs here .
Actually, a letter from your mother in that regard would help your application tremendously.

Everything you have described here will help. When you put together your application try to look at it objectively. When you think it is persuasive overall, then it's a good application. If you think someone looking at it might have doubts, try to address them. Ask others to look at it.

Assembling a PR application package takes time, especially to do a solid one. But you can do it.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hi computergeek:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/07/29/pol-foreign-service-strike.html

Do you have any updated information about the strike in Foreign services offices? Please comment.

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
Hello everybody!

In the sponsorship process says first stage
Is 6 months, my question is after 6 months is when
We will recieve our AIP or is at the very end of the second stage

6 months + 8?

Do you know who lo is taking to get AIP now days ?

Somebody who already get it ? Maybe from pass years?

Thanks

Marianna :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mariannamurrieta said:
Hello everybody!

In the sponsorship process says first stage
Is 6 months, my question is after 6 months is when
We will recieve our AIP or is at the very end of the second stage

6 months + 8?

Do you know who lo is taking to get AIP now days ?

Somebody who already get it ? Maybe from pass years?

Thanks

Marianna :)
You'll receive AIP at the end of the first stage. FYI - although the CIC web site says six months, it's actually taking closer to 9-10 months at this time.

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
scylla said:
You'll receive AIP at the end of the first stage. FYI - although the CIC web site says six months, it's actually taking closer to 9-10 months at this time.
b

thanks so much for your answer!

9 to 10 so why it says 6 months argh! just to keep our hopes and we are counting 6 months but the really is 10 :(

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
saint4peace said:
Hi computergeek:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/07/29/pol-foreign-service-strike.html

Do you have any updated information about the strike in Foreign services offices? Please comment.
The strike is still in effect. In September when the Canadian Parliament resumes you may see the Government legislate the FSW's back to work.

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
Hello seniors and friends

I am new to this thread.

I am a permanent resident of canada. I went there last year and after that came back to get married. I am now planning to get married. I need to know few things.

I worked for few weeks in canada before coming and made few dollars and before coming brought all the money back with me. I haven't filed an Income tax return for the last year and moreover have no money in a bank account there in canada. But it doesn't mean that I am financially weak, after going there once again may deposit the same.

what do I need to show as documents to file her case in canada? How much fund is required for her and for me to sponsor her.

New delhi is currently on strike, so what is the expected time do u think that she may get visa within.

Kindly reply and let me know few other things that I need from your experience and case. Your reply may help me in getting married soon.

regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mariannamurrieta said:
b

9 to 10 so why it says 6 months argh! just to keep our hopes and we are counting 6 months but the really is 10 :(
Join the 2013 Inland thread. It will give you the best information regarding what people are really experiencing in terms of processing times.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
mariannamurrieta said:
b

that time is just an estimate. it says so at the top of the page "The times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013. Processing times are subject to change."

abambalan

Aug 8, 2013
Hello and good day (night) to everyone. Please advise po: nag-apply ng permanent residency wife ko who is in canada and got approved sometime May 2013. June 2013, meron letter from embassy re: LC2 immigration forms request. complied and replied, downloaded forms IMM 008 Generic Application Form for Canada, IMM 5669 Schedule A-Background/Declaration and IMM 5406 Additional Family Information plus Checklist of Documents for LC2 (completed requirements).
I then sent it to the embassy. However, from where i downloaded the said forms, meron guide3999, na iba sa hinihingi ng Letter from Embassy, kasali na kasi ang medical at payment.

I am confused, did i sent an incomplete pack ?

Please advise .... :(

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
abambalan said:
Hello and good day (night) to everyone. Please advise po: nag-apply ng permanent residency wife ko who is in canada and got approved sometime May 2013. June 2013, meron letter from embassy re: LC2 immigration forms request. complied and replied, downloaded forms IMM 008 Generic Application Form for Canada, IMM 5669 Schedule A-Background/Declaration and IMM 5406 Additional Family Information plus Checklist of Documents for LC2 (completed requirements).
I then sent it to the embassy. However, from where i downloaded the said forms, meron guide3999, na iba sa hinihingi ng Letter from Embassy, kasali na kasi ang medical at payment.

I am confused, did i sent an incomplete pack ?

Please advise .... :(
Is there any way you could translate what was not in English, TO English? I can only understand parts of it, and it's not making sense to me :(

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
parker24 said:
Is there any way you could translate what was not in English, TO English? I can only understand parts of it, and it's not making sense to me :(
I tried translating it with Google translate and couldn't figure it out. Hopefully someone else can figure it out and answer!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IvanP said:
I tried translating it with Google translate and couldn't figure it out. Hopefully someone else can figure it out and answer!
Don't worry about it. Either someone who knows their language will reply to them or they will fill in the blanks and post completely in English.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Leon said:
Don't worry about it. Either someone who knows their language will reply to them or they will fill in the blanks and post completely in English.
Not worried - I'm a linguist and was just curious!