+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy said:
No. Only the Principal Applicant and any children whether they are accompanying or not.
Thank you.

Do you think that it is OK to send the Passport to the Visa Office earlier then the 6 weeks after re-medical as they have stated in their instruction? (now it is e-medical so the medical report reaches the visa center earlier then they use to)

artes

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 18,2013
Doc's Request.
september 2,2013
AOR Received.
april 11,2013 CPC-Mississauga
File Transfer...
april 23,2013 CEManila
Med's Done....
November 9,2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 2,2013
VISA ISSUED...
oct.7 cem called,ecas in process,oct.8,DM,OCT.10 VISA PICKED UP
LANDED..........
OCTOBER 30,2013 CONFIRMED
for sure this is the landing interview,just provide what they are asking,plus payments,it's just a casual talk between you and the cic officer in a window at cic office etobicoke.no need to get nervous they ill just ask for address,name if it's in a correct spelling and ask you to change S.I.N. card...congrats for sure this is a landing interview

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
Leon said:
Did you live together as a couple for at least 12 months before you came to Canada. If not, then he is not your common law. You could either wait until you have your PR and then try to sponsor him as a conjugal partner or if his annulment is completed before you get your PR, you could marry him and add him to your PR application.

If you did live together as a couple for 12 months before you came to Canada, then he is your common law but then you should have included him as a common law on your work permit. Not having done that could cause you some problems.
Hi Leon is there anyone who started the spreadsheet for the August 2013 Outland Application-Spousal Sponsorship?

I will be a member of it. My husband will send our application on Wednesday Canada time...

All to Him we entrust...

abscott :) :) :)

Lana2013

Jun 28, 2013
Hi,
For those who have ordered their CAIPS notes, did u receive them within one month? Or did it take longer? I ordered mine exactly one month ago and still no response.

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
Lana2013 said:
Hi,
For those who have ordered their CAIPS notes, did u receive them within one month? Or did it take longer? I ordered mine exactly one month ago and still no response.
I ordeed mine in July 15th so I am still waiting...

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
goodman36 said:
Thank you.

Do you think that it is OK to send the Passport to the Visa Office earlier then the 6 weeks after re-medical as they have stated in their instruction? (now it is e-medical so the medical report reaches the visa center earlier then they use to)
They tell you to wait until they have received the results from the panel physician. If you are confident that the health of the Primary Applicant is sufficient to pass the CIC requirements then I would send the passport in.

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Lana2013 said:
Hi,
I ordered ours a couple of times...they took exactly 30 days, but if you order them after hours or over a weekend then they count from the next business day. If you don't get them in a couple days, send an email to them.

newlywed_

Aug 6, 2013
Hello everyone.

I will soon be getting married to my fiance who recently received her permanent residency (green card) in the sates but who also has a Pakistani passport. My question is when I submit the sponsorship documentation to the Mississauga office, where will the end up sending it for further processing? Will it be somewhere in the states or Pakistan?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newlywed_ said:
Hello everyone.

I will soon be getting married to my fiance who recently received her permanent residency (green card) in the sates but who also has a Pakistani passport. My question is when I submit the sponsorship documentation to the Mississauga office, where will the end up sending it for further processing? Will it be somewhere in the states or Pakistan?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Since she is a resident in US, and has been living there, I don't see why you can't put the visa office that processes visa application for spousal sponsored applicants from US. As the Applicant, she can state write down that visa office's name on the form.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy said:
They tell you to wait until they have received the results from the panel physician. If you are confident that the health of the Primary Applicant is sufficient to pass the CIC requirements then I would send the passport in.
Thank you.

yhen

Jun 18, 2013
hello po i have question we pay the right of permanent residence fee today kasi di namin include when we pay the sponsorship i get the receipt through email where can i send this to notify the CEM na nagbayad po kami it is through email or kailangan pa e send through there address by a courier?
hope you could help me this thnks po

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
Lana2013 said:
Hi,

hello, the CAIPS IS the same as aips? i want to order it but what should i put, i wanna know? what? im confuse about that part.

i wanna know the stage of my application and how long will take to recieve AIP. is there any chance they will give me this information?

or what usually people ask for when they send this request.

:D

-Marianna.

Lana2013

Jun 28, 2013
IslandAnnie said:
I ordered ours a couple of times...they took exactly 30 days, but if you order them after hours or over a weekend then they count from the next business day. If you don't get them in a couple days, send an email to them.
Thx IslandAnnie!

sophieeg

Jul 28, 2013
Hi, I am new to this forum and require lots of help I hope I am posting in the right forum I am filing my sponsorship application and his PR application with the Nairobi Offices

. I am actually a naturalized Canadian Citizen, (Parents Immigrated when I was 5 And I simply tagged a long) I knew my Fiancee since birth I am now 19 years Old and a Student at York University, My Fiancee is 24 years Old born and raised in Mauritius (my native country also), we were good friends since he was my neighbor (and actually since my grand mother still resides in Mauritius, they are still neighbors, his family and mine are very close) in 2007 he sent me a friend request on facebook, we talked but did not date because long distance and only seeing each other on Webcam was not ideal, We began our relationship Officially in May 2013 -June 2013 when I went back to Mauritius after 12 years to visit him and family members. Since we already knew each other and each other's families, things moved pretty fast between us and I am going back for my second trip in December 2013-January 2014 to marry him, My parents and brother along with my uncles and aunts & Grand parents in Canada (Father's side of the family) are fully aware of the relationship and really wish they could attend but will be working and Mauritius is quite far for my father who gets very sick on 26+hrs plane rides, My mother really wishes to attend the wedding but she was unable to get the weeks off her work schedule so our plan was to have a civil wedding ceremony with my grand mother & his sister being the witness followed by a small wedding reception at his home or my grand mother's with the whole family (his and my mother's side of the family) and friends, afterwards I was planning to file my sponsorship application once I am back to Canada in Jan. 2014 will send the files to Mississauga, if everything goes according to plan and he receives his PR we are planning on having a church wedding here (born and raised Catholics) with my father's side of the family.

My problem is, since we did not date during the 2007-until May 5th 2013 Period I did not keep proof of our conversations to show that we indeed met, we have no pictures of us at a young age playing together, will they think I made up the whole story of knowing him since that age?
I can show that I was in fact born in Mauritius and his home address and Mine.. will that be enough??
During my first trip I took quite a few pictures but my camera was stolen so all I have are some pictures on my laptop but planning to take a lot more in December-January when I go .. How much is too much? lol Embarrassed

- Will his age and my age matter, does it make me seem young ? I just turned 19 in June 2013 and he will be 24 in a week

- I am currently on OSAP and living with my parents the last time I had a part time job was October 2012 can I show my T4 for 2011? I am planning on getting a part time job during the school months september-april and then going back to Mauritius from April-September to live with him once school is done and wait for the papers ... so I will not have any income, how can I explain that to them? I know for sponsoring a spouse there is no income required but can I show my bank statements, I am not sure what Option C print out is since my parents usually filed my taxes. I do have a T2202A form from school can I show that?

Does it seem like we are getting married to fast? will CIC be suspicious?, because even though we have known each other for 19 years, we began our relationship in May and will be getting married after only 7 months ...

Our relationship is extremely genuine, my Mother always knew we would end up together and has told me many times, prior to even dating him that we would make a perfect couple, can my parents write letters explaining how they wish they were able to attend and how once he receives his paper we will be able to live in their 2 bedroom basement apartment until he is able to find a job? He works in the construction field for 5 years now he is fluent in French and understands English and can somewhat speak it, so I hope it will not be too hard for him to get approved for jobs here .

Sorry for the long post, I hope you guys are able to understand everything

thank you. Kiss

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
sophieeg said:
Hi, I am new to this forum and require lots of help I hope I am posting in the right forum I am filing my sponsorship application and his PR application with the Nairobi Offices

. I am actually a naturalized Canadian Citizen, (Parents Immigrated when I was 5 And I simply tagged a long) I knew my Fiancee since birth I am now 19 years Old and a Student at York University, My Fiancee is 24 years Old born and raised in Mauritius (my native country also), we were good friends since he was my neighbor (and actually since my grand mother still resides in Mauritius, they are still neighbors, his family and mine are very close) in 2007 he sent me a friend request on facebook, we talked but did not date because long distance and only seeing each other on Webcam was not ideal, We began our relationship Officially in May 2013 -June 2013 when I went back to Mauritius after 12 years to visit him and family members. Since we already knew each other and each other's families, things moved pretty fast between us and I am going back for my second trip in December 2013-January 2014 to marry him, My parents and brother along with my uncles and aunts & Grand parents in Canada (Father's side of the family) are fully aware of the relationship and really wish they could attend but will be working and Mauritius is quite far for my father who gets very sick on 26+hrs plane rides, My mother really wishes to attend the wedding but she was unable to get the weeks off her work schedule so our plan was to have a civil wedding ceremony with my grand mother & his sister being the witness followed by a small wedding reception at his home or my grand mother's with the whole family (his and my mother's side of the family) and friends, afterwards I was planning to file my sponsorship application once I am back to Canada in Jan. 2014 will send the files to Mississauga, if everything goes according to plan and he receives his PR we are planning on having a church wedding here (born and raised Catholics) with my father's side of the family.

My problem is, since we did not date during the 2007-until May 5th 2013 Period I did not keep proof of our conversations to show that we indeed met, we have no pictures of us at a young age playing together, will they think I made up the whole story of knowing him since that age?
I can show that I was in fact born in Mauritius and his home address and Mine.. will that be enough??
During my first trip I took quite a few pictures but my camera was stolen so all I have are some pictures on my laptop but planning to take a lot more in December-January when I go .. How much is too much? lol Embarrassed

- Will his age and my age matter, does it make me seem young ? I just turned 19 in June 2013 and he will be 24 in a week

- I am currently on OSAP and living with my parents the last time I had a part time job was October 2012 can I show my T4 for 2011? I am planning on getting a part time job during the school months september-april and then going back to Mauritius from April-September to live with him once school is done and wait for the papers ... so I will not have any income, how can I explain that to them? I know for sponsoring a spouse there is no income required but can I show my bank statements, I am not sure what Option C print out is since my parents usually filed my taxes. I do have a T2202A form from school can I show that?

Does it seem like we are getting married to fast? will CIC be suspicious?, because even though we have known each other for 19 years, we began our relationship in May and will be getting married after only 7 months ...

Our relationship is extremely genuine, my Mother always knew we would end up together and has told me many times, prior to even dating him that we would make a perfect couple, can my parents write letters explaining how they wish they were able to attend and how once he receives his paper we will be able to live in their 2 bedroom basement apartment until he is able to find a job? He works in the construction field for 5 years now he is fluent in French and understands English and can somewhat speak it, so I hope it will not be too hard for him to get approved for jobs here .

Sorry for the long post, I hope you guys are able to understand everything

thank you. Kiss
I don't think it's a good idea applying for sponsorship so soon after you get married, especially with you being so young and having such a short and undocumented relationship. Maybe you should wait and file it after your visit next year.

The missing childhood photos together I think can be replaced with statements from relatives and close family friends. The fact that you have your parents in Canada and they are willing to let both of you live with them is a plus.