N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Loving said:
Thanks micmac101 for the advice. But I am PR card holder and I was not in Canada so how I can pay tax.In 2014 I will start paying tax if I will get a job.

Still I am confuse whether CIC will accept my application for Family Sponsorship as I am unemployeed.

thanks
Enclose a statement of earnings for the last fiscal year and a bank statement of savings. You do not need to have a job to sponsor but as a PR you can only sponsor from within Canada. I'm sure at some point you will get a job and if you have not been approved as a sponsor by that time you could also include a letter from your employer.

Loving

Jun 12, 2013
Canada(Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
18-Sept-2013
File Transfer...
25-Sept-2013
Med's Done....
27-June-2013
Passport Req..
Passport sent on 12 Jan 2014.Missed PPR on Oct 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-June-2014
LANDED..........
20-June 2014
Thanks CanadianJeepGuy for your reply.

1) Let say if I will be jobless for 3-4 months then.

2) I do have sufficient funds for myself in Canadian bank to sustain for 1 year.

3) Do I need to have a join account with my wife back home in India.My wife is jobless at the moment but she also have good funds to sustain

4) Can I attach my Canadian bank statement and Indian bank statement showing my savings.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Show the proof of your savings. If any family will give financial support, they can also write a letter offering help - i. e., a family member in Canada will let you live in their house while you look for a job.

The best thing to do is write a short letter stating you're just returning to Canada and starting a job hunt. (You can attach proof of a job hunt if you really want to, but I don't think that's necessary.) Attach your proof of savings and any other methods to support yourself and your spouse. I would attach a list of monthly expenses, so CIC can see you're covered for 1 year. Then end the letter by telling CIC you will update them once you have a job. Also, in this letter, you can briefly touch on your wife's education or skills if she plans to work as well. Consider it "icing" on the cake though - you being the sponsor are still 100% responsible to support her.

Then you go get a job 2-3 months later. You take a copy of your offer letter including pay and/or you wait until your first paycheck and send a photocopy to CIC via courier to whichever Visa Office is currently processing your application. I personally would send both the job offer letter and a paystub so CIC knows I accepted the job and have started working.

If you show proof of enough savings, it will probably be fine. If you can get someone to offer support (especially someone in Canada) that would be even better. I cannot guarantee this, of course - no one can, but people in similar situations have had favorable results when following similar advice.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
amikety said:
Show the proof of your savings. If any family will give financial support, they can also write a letter offering help - i. e., a family member in Canada will let you live in their house while you look for a job.

The best thing to do is write a short letter stating you're just returning to Canada and starting a job hunt. (You can attach proof of a job hunt if you really want to, but I don't think that's necessary.) Attach your proof of savings and any other methods to support yourself and your spouse. I would attach a list of monthly expenses, so CIC can see you're covered for 1 year. Then end the letter by telling CIC you will update them once you have a job. Also, in this letter, you can briefly touch on your wife's education or skills if she plans to work as well. Consider it "icing" on the cake though - you being the sponsor are still 100% responsible to support her.

Then you go get a job 2-3 months later. You take a copy of your offer letter including pay and/or you wait until your first paycheck and send a photocopy to CIC via courier to whichever Visa Office is currently processing your application. I personally would send both the job offer letter and a paystub so CIC knows I accepted the job and have started working.

If you show proof of enough savings, it will probably be fine. If you can get someone to offer support (especially someone in Canada) that would be even better. I cannot guarantee this, of course - no one can, but people in similar situations have had favorable results when following similar advice.

Great advice......plus 1.

ilyas12345

Jun 10, 2013
Leon said:
hey thanks for the great information
i will sponsor my wife from manila just lots of forms to fill
first question do they check bank balance or credit check

my second question if i get my wife to do medical and police clearance than submit application is it faster

please advise me please

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
ilyas12345 said:
Leon said:
hey thanks for the great information
i will sponsor my wife from manila just lots of forms to fill
first question do they check bank balance or credit check

my second question if i get my wife to do medical and police clearance than submit application is it faster

please advise me please
As long as you are not in bankruptcy or on social assistance and can provide proof that you can support your wife then you are ok to sponsor.

eeza

May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013,package resent due to no med,24-02-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
nov.6,2013
LANDED..........
dec.10,2013
Loving said:
Thanks micmac101 for the advice. But I am PR card holder and I was not in Canada so how I can pay tax.In 2014 I will start paying tax if I will get a job.

Still I am confuse whether CIC will accept my application for Family Sponsorship as I am unemployeed.

thanks
I thin kif youre a PR, you must stay in Canada if youre going to apply for sponsorship....

vinu2800

Jun 4, 2013
scylla said:
1. No. Since you are a PR, you must be living in Canada to sponsor.
2. Yes. Your wife can certainly try to apply for a visitor visa. Unfortunately there is a good chance it will be refused.
3. Yes.

Thanks, for the reply is there any specific reason why visitor visa gets rejected?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
vinu2800 said:
Thanks, for the reply is there any specific reason why visitor visa gets rejected?
Typically, the spouse of a PR or citizen is seen as an overstay risk (won't leave when visa is finished). If you're applying for PR as well, it tells CIC your spouse wants to stay in Canada. Of course, it's natural to want to stay with your spouse... so it's difficult to convince CIC your spouse will leave at the end of the visa. Your spouse will need to show significant ties to her home country, such as property in her name, a business in her name, etc.

Once you sponsor her, after you get Sponsor Approval, there is a slightly better chance to get a visitor's visa. Not much, but slightly better.

mhdz

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
In Gods Perfect time.... soon
LANDED..........
In Gods Perfect time.... soon
hello just want to ask lang po!...kailangan po talaga an AOM to be included sa spousa visa application ko po? NSO marriage certificate lang nag na attached ko.. thanks/

neverz

Feb 8, 2012
amikety said:

please tell me what if my brother who is british citizen living in uk if he give me a letter to support me in canada it would be acceptable ?

sarahmaria

Jun 18, 2013
Hi... seeing I should have posted my query here

Us: I'm Canadian and I live in Victoria. My husband is Indian and he's working in Qatar while we go through the spouse sponsorship process.

Where we're at: Our application is being processed in Delhi. We've paid the RPRF fee. We're 8 months in to the process.

Problem: My husband was asked to send his passport to Delhi for further processing. He was given 45 days to submit it. The problems are:
1. If he sends his passport by courier he will be in Qatar without a passport and means to leave the country
2. We don't know if they'll take days, weeks, or months to get his passport back.
3. India has strict rules about mailing passports across borders.
4. He doesn't have the time or means to quit his job in the next few weeks and go sit in Delhi for an unknown amount of time waiting for his passport.

So could someone please give us some feedback.

- How long is the processing time once you've submitted your application in person in Delhi?
- Can you recommend any workarounds to this issue?

Thanks so much!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
neverz said:
please tell me what if my brother who is british citizen living in uk if he give me a letter to support me in canada it would be acceptable ?
If he would offer to send you money, CIC may accept it. It would be better to show bank statements showing transfers of cash from him. Since he isn't living in Canada, I would say proof is important.

Priya1982

Jun 19, 2013
Hi Sir,,

I received my PR under CEC. I was in back home while waiting for my PR as my work permit expired.
Finally I received my PR visa stamped by Detroit office and I got married before landing here in canada.
Now I got to find out that I wont be able to sponsor my wife as I didn't let the immigration know of my status prior to my landing here in canada.
Any advise or ideas are appreciated

Regards ,,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You have no chance of sponsoring her under the Family Class. Sorry, but this is a consequence of not following the Immigration rules.