Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Namachii said:
Just curious to know if the immigration officers working in NewDelhi VO would be mostly Indians or may be canadians too? I'm asking this to see if they would assign a region specific visa applicant's application to an officer who is aware of that cultural background to give a fair assessment. Since India is with diverse cultural rituals & ceremonies, say for instance if the applicant is from northern part an officer belonging to that region will be assigned to take a look at it? Any thoughts from experts?
Visa officers are Canadian citizens. They would normally be familiar with regional customs and social norms as well as being able to rely upon local staff familiar with the region as well. They are part of the foreign service, so they are generally trained in the language and customs of the region in which they will operate. Some are dual citizens, or children of immigrants as well, but they are certainly expected to be able to give a fair assessment.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
yesterday my wife called the CIC in Canada , they told her " the Strike effect just abroad, that mean if your application is in processing out Canada in the visa office in your region its almost in effect, but if your application still in CIC Mississauga wait to star processing like my situation i think its will not effect.

this is according to the Center agents.

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Visa officers are Canadian citizens. They would normally be familiar with regional customs and social norms as well as being able to rely upon local staff familiar with the region as well. They are part of the foreign service, so they are generally trained in the language and customs of the region in which they will operate. Some are dual citizens, or children of immigrants as well, but they are certainly expected to be able to give a fair assessment.
Thanks very much for your clarification, Computergeek!

Loving

Jun 12, 2013
Canada(Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
18-Sept-2013
File Transfer...
25-Sept-2013
Med's Done....
27-June-2013
Passport Req..
Passport sent on 12 Jan 2014.Missed PPR on Oct 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-June-2014
LANDED..........
20-June 2014
Hi!

I am new to this forum and expecting lot of support from all of you. I would like to explain my case before you guys start giving your opinions.

1) landed to Canada first time on June 2011 and applied for sin and pr card and left Canada within 2 weeks.

2) I was working in Dubai upto May 2013 and landed to Canada on 5 June 2013. For 10 days I was working in Dubai.

3) got married in nov 2012 and took my wife to Dubai after marriage on Dubai family visa.

4) right now I am in Canada with a PR card and jobless but i do have sufficient funds for myself and for my wife.

5) I had a arranged marriage

6) I have sufficient documents to prove my marriage like wedding picture, honeymoon tickets, emails,chats,stamps on passport regarding her visit to Dubai as a sponsored person.

Now my questions are :

a) do I need to get employed before I submit sponsorship application

b) will CIC will ask me or expect me to pay tax on the money which I earned in Dubai.

c) do I need to hold a joint account with my wife. I have made her a nominee is it enough

d) whose medical is required for submission of form and it is before submission of application or after

e) I need to collect forms from my wife and submit it in Ontario along with sponsorship form

f) can I get a list or forms which I need to fill.

Waiting for your quick reply so that I can submit my sponsorship application.

Thanks

Lovinguy

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
a) No. You just have not to be on welfare or bankrupt.
b) No.
c) No.
d) Your wife only. Submitted with the application. (upfront medical).
e) Yes. You must submit the complete application package to wherever it says for your application method.
f) Yes, from the CIC website. The whole process is explained there and the full application kit can be downloaded, along with the instructions.

Loving

Jun 12, 2013
Canada(Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
18-Sept-2013
File Transfer...
25-Sept-2013
Med's Done....
27-June-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-June-2014
LANDED..........
20-June 2014
Thanks Zardoz for yOur quick reply. Can throw some light regarding the medical test. My wife is in Delhi (India ) at the moment. As per you where she should go for medical and whether she has to carry some certificate?

Thanks

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1995&CountryName=India

you can see which doctor you want to go

she should have a passport along when going..I guess you need to book an appointment first

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
medical examination will be like they would have a chest x ray, blood, urine test, physical examination..

(these are the ones i remember now when i was gave my medical exam)

if your wife is pregnant then she cannot have xray .. then your file is kept aside (if everything is finalised at an early stage) to get the xray result.
without xray result they would not approve the application.

gurnam21

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21st june 2013
LANDED..........
soooooon
Thanks Friends for suggestions.. :)

gurnam21

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21st june 2013
LANDED..........
soooooon
As New Delhi updated their processing time 10 months and if one does not get any response even after completing 10 months then is there any contact no, email address where we can send our inquiry . In my case my 10 months are going to over end of Jul 2013. ND holding my passport from last 2.5 months. Please share.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Loving said:
Hi!

I am new to this forum and expecting lot of support from all of you. I would like to explain my case before you guys start giving your opinions.

1) landed to Canada first time on June 2011 and applied for sin and pr card and left Canada within 2 weeks.

2) I was working in Dubai upto May 2013 and landed to Canada on 5 June 2013. For 10 days I was working in Dubai.

3) got married in nov 2012 and took my wife to Dubai after marriage on Dubai family visa.

4) right now I am in Canada with a PR card and jobless but i do have sufficient funds for myself and for my wife.

5) I had a arranged marriage

6) I have sufficient documents to prove my marriage like wedding picture, honeymoon tickets, emails,chats,stamps on passport regarding her visit to Dubai as a sponsored person.

Now my questions are :

a) do I need to get employed before I submit sponsorship application

b) will CIC will ask me or expect me to pay tax on the money which I earned in Dubai.

c) do I need to hold a joint account with my wife. I have made her a nominee is it enough

d) whose medical is required for submission of form and it is before submission of application or after

e) I need to collect forms from my wife and submit it in Ontario along with sponsorship form

f) can I get a list or forms which I need to fill.

Waiting for your quick reply so that I can submit my sponsorship application.

Thanks

Lovinguy
Salam, I'm a Canadian Citizen and I know Revenue Canada needs to know how much you made and will wonder why you didn't submit and Income Tax application. If you don't do it they may Audit you. I know even if I'm out of the country its our Canadian Duty to fill out Income Tax as they want to know what you made in that year. Perhaps you don't need to pay Taxes but if your income is low your entitled to GST Rebate. Call Revenue Canada and they will guide you and its better to be safe than sorry... May Allah help in this In Sha Allah.

Rupan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
20-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
06-01-2013
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
To gurnam,

only I can say you have to wait until your complete time. I submitted my passport on 9th march and I am still awaiting.. so be patience. Hope we all will get good news very soon!

smettila

Jun 15, 2013
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start.
Exactly that.

Married, common law or conjugal partners
First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer.
We moved together to London, UK, three years ago, and have lived together ever since. Shared everything, but we have separate bank accounts. Is that very bad?

Outland or inland?
Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. ... For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better.
Fantastic paragraph, so clear, so much info. Is it all still valid, as the post is 3 years old?
One question, there's one bit I don't understand:

Leon said:
If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.
Does that mean sending 3 applications all bundled together? Or is it only 2?
1. sponsorship PR
2. extension of the visit visa you got on your way into the country
3. open work permit? What it this?

Everything else is really clear. In our particular case, I'm Canadian and she's Italian, we've lived in London, UK, for 3 years. We want to move to Vancouver as soon as possible. I understand now that it may be best to apply "outland" (with the London, UK offiice, as it is faster than the Rome, Italy, office). It should also apparently be faster than applying "inland", which I find surprising. Why is "inland" so much more difficult?

I have another question: while having a visitor visa, and already having applied for PR through family sponsorship, can she also apply for the "working holiday" permit? That way she could start working while waiting for the PR gets processed. I've been told it's a bad idea, but I don't understand why. Would that raise any kind of suspicion? It seems like a legitimate desire to me, to want to work instead of sitting around waiting. I've heard there is a DUAL INTENT problem, but I'm not clear on how it is defined and how it applies.

This forum is great, it could be a real lifesaver. Let us know your thoughts.

Kindly,
Alexander

gurnam21

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21st june 2013
LANDED..........
soooooon
Thanks Rupan... I can see few of the March applicant has started getting DM on E cas. I hope you Mannatdel and mu_girl will also get a good news in coming week or end of this month. All the very very best.

Loving

Jun 12, 2013
Canada(Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
18-Sept-2013
File Transfer...
25-Sept-2013
Med's Done....
27-June-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-June-2014
LANDED..........
20-June 2014
Thanks micmac101 for the advice. But I am PR card holder and I was not in Canada so how I can pay tax.In 2014 I will start paying tax if I will get a job.

Still I am confuse whether CIC will accept my application for Family Sponsorship as I am unemployeed.

thanks