02-05-2012
Passport Req..
9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
bilawal said:
no dear its not my question i think u have not understand my question..what i want to say..

i and 'my wife are Muslims and in our marriage certificate we wrote wrong address in bride address i am asking that if i submit my marriage certificate as it is? does it create problem for me...or any objection on my case from the cic or Islamabad embassy??
Oh I see...well then no it won't create a problem for you. It could be viewed as an old address which was her address at the time of marriage and now changed for instance. So I don't think it creates any problems

J

jani99

I just sent an email to Jim Brown @ CBC news Calgary. He is the host of Calgary eyeopener show.

Dear Jim

I would like to tell you that the eyeopner show is really informative and I always tune into cbc radio 99.1 every morning when I go to work. Your program and the way you host this program helps thousands of people to get up to date about what is happening around the world and specially in Calgary.

The reason I am writing this email to you is that, nowadays people have been talking about reduction of immigration visas for parents and grand parents. As you know that Immigration Minister Jason kenney has been claiming that by reducing these visas, they will be able to attract some skilled workers and he also says that family reunification is the first priority. It is also in the constitution that a Canadian permanent resident can legally sponsor his/her wife and kids and these application will be processed ASAP. But this is not the case for Pakistani people, CHC-Islamabad is been taking almost 2 years to process spouse applications and the sad thing is they don't even look at your application within first 12 months. I sponsored my parents last year and that time the processing time was 80 months and now it seems to be taking 13 years. I also applied for my brother's visitor visa and he was refused twice without any reason. People have similar issues that CHC-Islamabad is not sincere with Pakistani people as oppose to other embassies in other counterpart countries.

I came here 3 years ago on a work permit as a skilled worker. I work for a software company here in Calgary. I sponsored my wife almost 10 months ago and I still do not know the status of my application. Every time I send an inquiry request to CHC-Islamabad, I get a generic reply from the embassy that "Your application is currently in process and is in queue for initial review". After 10 months they have not touched my file and it is taking almost 2 years to get a spousal visa. I have also complained about this issue to High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner at CHC-Islamabad but did not get any reply.

Minister Jason Kenney claims that the delay at CHC-Islamabad is due to some extra background checks (specially for Pakistani people) and he also claims that Visa officers are highly trained to find out whether the marriage is genuine or not by looking at the supporting documents. But the reality is, hunderds of famillies have been suffering for this never ending delays and the most frustrating thing is CIC charges almost $1100 up front to process one application and their online status system shows that your files is "IN PROCESS" even after you have received your visa. There is no way to find out how long it will take to process these applications.

People have filed complaints to Immigration Minister and Prime Minister but their offices reply after 1 or 2 months and in that reply they say that we are already aware of the situation, your complain has been forwarded to the concerned departments.

I plan to bring this issue to Government officials, Opposition leaders, Immigration judges, Mayor of Calgary and Media from all over Canada and I will request everyone to please bring this issue forward and try to resolve this ASAP. I also request you to please broadcast this on the radio or TV and also ask questions from Minister Jason Kenney and from all the concerned authorities.

I have been following some immigration forums specially for Canadian embassy in Islamabad and I will post those links later in my email so that you can read and find out how many people have been suffering.

Here is a letter from MP. Peter Julian from House of commons. He wrote a letter to Minister Jason Kenney in January 2011.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2593414/letter-to-minister-of-citizenship-and-immigration-january-2011-2-pdf-february-11-2011-11-05-p?da=y

Following are the two forums which I have been reading for last 3.5 years.
canadavisa.com (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-islamabad-spouse-sponsorship-timeline-2009-2010-t28775.4365.html)
immigration.ca (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-islamabad-spouse-sponsorship-timeline-2009-2010-t28775.4365.html)

There are some facebook groups about processing delays at CHC-Islamabad.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CIC-Islamabad-Pending-Cases/120356291328093
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/home.php?sk=group_101385463271280&ap=1

Following is the link of CIC website and you can read that they claim to complete 80% of spousal applications within 12 months which also includes step 1 of the process which gets processed at CPC-Mississauga.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/service-standards.asp#family

Here is another petition site which discusses about temporary Resident visas for spouses while their applications are In PROCESS.
http://www.gopetition.com/petition/31391.html

Another petition website for processing delays at CHC-Islamabad. It has been signed by 121 people in the past.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/spouse-immigration-delay/

A visitor visa concerned was raised by Olivia chow, Member of Parliament NDP.
http://www.oliviachow.ca/2010/12/chow-introduces-bill-c-604-the-visitor-visa-fairness-act/

These activities have happened in the past but we did not see any outcome because media was not involved. Therefore, I request you to please look into this matter and bring this issue forward and ask questions from the concerned authorities. Your help can make a huge difference in hundreds of peoples lives and they will be relieved form this waiting pain, if this is resolved soon enough.

Hope for a positive response and would appreciate your help...

Best Regards
jani99 (on behalf of Pakistani Community)

403-***-****

bilawal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
App. Filed.......
2 august 2011
AOR Received.
june 2012
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Passport Req..
NOT YET.....BUT INSHALLAH TALLH SOON
LANDED..........
29-july -2013
so what you say? did i submitted my marriage certificate as it is.not changed address now??..??there is only Pakistani address n the marriage certificate in bride home address.not her Canadian address...??

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
9th April , 2012 - 17th April, 2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013
Hi everyone I am new here.I live in Canada,Mississauga.I got married in Pakistan on 29th april,2010.I applied for spouse sponsor send my file to CPC-MISSISSAUGA on 29th september got acknowledge letter on 10th November after this letter I have not received any reponse I gave them all marriage proof with picture with banquet hall invoice telephone bills greeting cards but they taking long time.Everytime I email Islamabad Immigration Sectorthem to make process faster all the time they send me same email saying.

File No: FXXXXXXXXX
This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in process and is in queue for initial review.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

This is what i get all the time in email.I really appreciate jani99 help but i do not know how far it will help because of some fake marriage that happened in past few years that made us go throw this taking long time to approve.WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET ISLAMABAD IMMIGRATION SECTOR ATTENTION SO THEY MAKE PROCESS FASTER?

hanna1072

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I wish there was something we could do to speed up the process. I did send an email to my MP to find out what is going on with my application and I think it made it worst because they found out that they will not even look at my file till May. I think all it did was piss them off.

Good luck to all of you

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
Sharjil said:
Hi everyone I am new here.I live in Canada,Mississauga.I got married in Pakistan on 29th april,2010.I applied for spouse sponsor send my file to CPC-MISSISSAUGA on 29th september got acknowledge letter on 10th November after this letter I have not received any reponse I gave them all marriage proof with picture with banquet hall invoice telephone bills greeting cards but they taking long time.Everytime I email Islamabad Immigration Sectorthem to make process faster all the time they send me same email saying.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

This is what i get all the time in email.I really appreciate jani99 help but i do not know how far it will help because of some fake marriage that happened in past few years that made us go throw this taking long time to approve.WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET ISLAMABAD IMMIGRATION SECTOR ATTENTION SO THEY MAKE PROCESS FASTER?

[/quote

heyyyyyyyyy i hve d same file no. fxxxx , did u got d f file no. sice d beginning................ n sad... i always get this same reply................ dnt knw whn thy will process our files.......wat does ur e cas staus says?

KenShali

Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011 Resubmit App.: 02-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-12-2010 & 15-3-2012
Interview........
02-05-2012
Passport Req..
9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
bilawal said:
so what you say? did i submitted my marriage certificate as it is.not changed address now??..??there is only Pakistani address n the marriage certificate in bride home address.not her Canadian address...??
Yep...you give them ur marriage certificate as it is....don't change anything. :)
Just add the translation if need be and whatever other stamps that are neccessary.

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

We did not pay RPRF at the time of application. Now sponsorship is apporved and we have paid RPRF online.

We have to fill the payment receipt and send it to Mississauga.
1. Can anybody guide us which client ID should we write on the receipt?
2. Which address should we address it to?
3. Anything specific we need to write on the envelope?

Note: We have not received any letter or applicant's client # or file # from CHC-New Delhi. We only have Client # from sponsorship approval letter from Mississauga.

4. Should we wait untill we get applicant's client# or file# from CHC-New Delhi?

I request senior members here to advice us.

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
@ def_col_male,

On your sponship approval letter, you should have received a client ID. This is the number you use because these fees are plaid by the sponsor. I put my name (sponsor) for (and my husband's name) on the receipt (ie: Jane DOe for John Doe).

Address goes to:

RPRF payments or other correspondence:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

kam1982

Feb 12, 2011
BeShoo said:
Yes, I think that a return date beyond 6 months would be a problem. A return date a few weeks before that deadline should be fine. Asking to stay for a full 6 months might also be a problem, because it might sound to some immigration officers that you were asking for exactly 6 months because you never intended to leave.
Interesting. Our tickets have been purchased already, and her return flight is set at a week before 6 months.

We are currently shopping for travel insurance for her. Should we be getting a travel insurance for the max allowable 180 (or 183 days) or lee then that? And should we include copies of travel insurance documents along with application?
Does travel insurance have any purpose, positive or negative on the application?

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@nylalisa

Thank you for your reply. It helps us.

nylalisa said:
@ def_col_male,

On your sponship approval letter, you should have received a client ID. This is the number you use because these fees are plaid by the sponsor. I put my name (sponsor) for (and my husband's name) on the receipt (ie: Jane DOe for John Doe).

Address goes to:

RPRF payments or other correspondence:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello nylalisa

did they send you any payment confirmation after you send them RPRF payment receipt?

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
9th April , 2012 - 17th April, 2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013

WHAT IS E CAS?

bilawal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
App. Filed.......
2 august 2011
AOR Received.
june 2012
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Passport Req..
NOT YET.....BUT INSHALLAH TALLH SOON
LANDED..........
29-july -2013
Assalam o Alaikoum..

my wife is sponsoring me.. i am submitting my sponsorship papers i want to know which supporting document are required with sponsorship papers..which help me in my case.

and does it is necessary that the nikah nama (original and translate) should be attested from ministry of foreign affairs.??
and does it is necessary that my n.i.c card should be in English??..because at this time i have n.i.c card in Urdu.