Med's Done....
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
12-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
31-10-2011
Great post thank you!! im sponsoring my british husband, do we send the application to sponsor and his application to the London office (which is where we currently live) or do we send it to Canada first?? Im so worried that i will get it wrong, and i can never seem to get to talk to anyone that can help me :(

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
nicolapeeling said:
Great post thank you!! im sponsoring my british husband, do we send the application to sponsor and his application to the London office (which is where we currently live) or do we send it to Canada first?? Im so worried that i will get it wrong, and i can never seem to get to talk to anyone that can help me :(
hi there, you send it to the office in Missisauga as per the guide (I have put the address below for you) and once you have been approved to sponsor, they courier it to London. Good Luck and feel free to join us on the Thread for Applications through London Uk!!

Case Processing Centre – Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario L5A 4N6

mapplelover

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-8-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-06-2012, VISA 11-06-2012, PP Arrived 20-06-2012
thanks for the info.. what if i get the police clearance and medicals done before the marriage so that those documents are ready and wait time is significantly reduced for the spouse?

missmini said:
if u qualify as common-law u could submit it as common-law but then it's not good to change ur status and get married during the process...if u already plan to marry soon, it's better to first get married and then apply; but in this case too, if u apply exactly after the marriage, maybe they will believe u married for immigration reasons...it all depends also on ur supporting evidence and the visa office where u'll be applying; the past experiences and culture of each region make a big difference

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapplelover said:
thanks for the info.. what if i get the police clearance and medicals done before the marriage so that those documents are ready and wait time is significantly reduced for the spouse?
Only if it takes a long time to get the police clearance. Medicals are usually pretty quick. Call the DMP closest to you to find out how long it takes to get an appointment.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
mapplelover said:
1. the police clearance is usually valid 90 days and they have to be still valid when ur application reaches Missisauga; i'm not sure if they have to be valid also when ur application is received by the visa office; in any case if they r not and if it's a long process, they could ask for it again

2. the medicals r valid 1 year and the visa will expire in the day the medicals expire; so if the visa office has slow processing times, i would wait a little more and do them exactly before i sent the application; if the visa office is usually done in 6-8 months than it's ok, ur spouse could do them from now

mapplelover

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-8-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
ok...regarding #2. for the medicals shall i then send it to the local consular office in the spouse's country or to mississauga? the local office would not have received the file rite if its still with CHC mississauga?

missmini said:
1. the police clearance is usually valid 90 days and they have to be still valid when ur application reaches Missisauga; i'm not sure if they have to be valid also when ur application is received by the visa office; in any case if they r not and if it's a long process, they could ask for it again

2. the medicals r valid 1 year and the visa will expire in the day the medicals expire; so if the visa office has slow processing times, i would wait a little more and do them exactly before i sent the application; if the visa office is usually done in 6-8 months than it's ok, ur spouse could do them from now

mapplelover

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-8-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
you mean have the DMP send it to missisauga address ? i believe DMP wont give the medical results to us directly then how will the consular officer identify that it is part of the same application if it is not included along with the application?

Baloo said:
The medical is sent with the full application to Mississauga.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapplelover said:
you mean have the DMP send it to missisauga address ? i believe DMP wont give the medical results to us directly then how will the consular officer identify that it is part of the same application if it is not included along with the application?
The DMP will send the medical results to the Regional Medical Office responsible for their Region. You send the receipt you get from the DMP with your application package. It has a number on it. When the visa post receives your application for processing they will use that receipt number to request the medical results from the RMO.

You have to understand that this is a two part process. Step 1 is approval to be a sponsor. Step 2 is assessment of the application for permanent residency. The whole application (both parts) goes to CPC Mississauga where sponsorship is assessed. If approved, Mississauga sends it to the visa post for processing. So the application needs to be 100% complete when it gets to Mississauga. You ensure it is complete by following the checklists (there are two) when you submit to Mississauga.

And as someone else pointed out, the police clearances can't be more than 3 months old when they are received in Mississauga.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapplelover said:
Sorry, I should have been clearer.

All you get from the DMP is Medical Section A IMM1017.

You include the Medical Section A IMM1017 with your application.
rjessome describes it perfectly.

OliveDyke

Feb 8, 2011
Well, as per local cic, it will take another 12-24 months to get first stage approval. This makes me sad knowing that I will not have work permit and cant do anything. Any help/info as what to do aside from finding an employer who can get me an lmo for work permit(impossible for now). Just thinking that I wont be able to see my daughter for another 2 years and cant support her financially makes me feel really numbed.

kam1982

Feb 12, 2011
Hi everyone. This is a very helpful and motivating post. As soon as we read it we got motivated.
I did try to red all the pages, but was able to get to half way.
Leon, if yo can guide us a bit:
I'm a Canadian citizen, currently in Australia on a working holiday visa.
my wife is Australian. We would like to come back to Montreal a month before my WHV expires (July 1 2011)
Can i sponsor her while being out side of Canada?
Can she come back with me, if by then she has not received an approved PR for Canada?
if so, on what visa does she enter Canada.

She has already been in Canada a coupe of years ago on a Canadian working holiday visa, so that''s out of the question I assume.

We would be applying for a out land PR and sponsorship.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for her sponsorship now. Being outside Canada, you have to show plans to move to Canada when she gets her PR. By stating that you are on a working holiday visa in Australia, it could help convince them that you are coming back but having arranged housing, job etc. would also help. Even letters from your family saying they know of your plans and will let you stay can help.

Your wife can come with you before the PR application is approved but she can not officially move, just visit. She does not need a visit visa to enter Canada so take her with you as a visitor. As a visitor, she can stay for up to 6 months and if that is not long enough to complete the PR processing, she can apply to extend. As a visitor, she can not work and will not have health care.

kam1982

Feb 12, 2011
Leon, if could send you a fine bottle of Oz wine, I would.
This is the same conclusion we came to, just needed re assurance. We're sure that this is the best approach for us.

Our only other concern is this:

will we run into any issues with the immigration officer upon arrival together at the airport in Canada?
If we have a PR application pending and she wants to visit, will they question that and have grounds to refuse her entry? Or have any impact on the application itself?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she arrives with all her belongings in the world, they may feel that she is moving to Canada on a visitor status and that is not allowed so that would be a problem. Officially, she is only allowed to visit at that point.

It will not affect your PR application.