Med's Done....
OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
MAY 6 2011
VISA ISSUED...
in God's will..
LANDED..........
God knows what's best for us.
in my friend's situation. he doesn't know about the existing child from her ex at the time he landed as immigrant. but the mother used his surname for the child.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dorisiana said:
in my friend's situation. he doesn't know about the existing child from her ex at the time he landed as immigrant. but the mother used his surname for the child.
In that case, he has exceptional circumstances and should get a lawyer and appeal this on H&C grounds.

leslieteh09

May 14, 2010
hi leon or anyone who will have the information:

i just got approved as a sponsor (first week of nov) ,..til now there is no other update...is that usual? shouldnt i be notified lready by this time that the local immigration center is working on our papers?

my husband is asking me to just go home (get out of canada) and wait for the sponsorship there. is that possible? i am a landed immigrant (just this yr), not a citizen so i was thinking that may not be possible...please advise..thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
leslieteh09 -

Yes - it's not unusual to have no update for several weeks. My husband and I heard nothing for almost two months after I was approved as a sponsor.

As a PR, you can visit your husband for a few weeks but you cannot leave Canada to wait out the sponsorship process with your husband. PRs must be living in Canada in order to qualify to sponsor. If you choose to leave Canada and wait out the processing with your husband, there's a chance your application will be canceled by the CIC for not following the stated rules.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leslieteh09 said:
i just got approved as a sponsor (first week of nov) ,..til now there is no other update...is that usual? shouldnt i be notified lready by this time that the local immigration center is working on our papers?

my husband is asking me to just go home (get out of canada) and wait for the sponsorship there. is that possible? i am a landed immigrant (just this yr), not a citizen so i was thinking that may not be possible...please advise..thanks.
Your spouse should get an Acknowledgement of Receipt letter from the visa post where his file will be processed. Depending on which visa post this is, it could take awhile or you may need to request the file number. And since you are a PR and not a citizen, you are supposed to reside in Canada while the application is being assessed. You can visit your husband in his home country but if you go there to "wait out" the process you are risking CIC thinking you are not living in Canada which is reason for refusal.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello everybody,
Seems like immigration is now more concern about economic class than family class. Their new time line for economic class ( (Canadian Experience Class, Entrepreneur Class, Investor Class, Provincial Nominees, Self-Employed Class, Skilled Workers)
is far more easier than spouse sponsorship ha ha ha funny........................

ck_khush

May 7, 2010
HI GUYS

i need help actually.

i got ppr request from london office and now they are asking for passport so i went to post office for speed post and they said you can send passport can anyone please help me in this.

shall i send my original passport and document directly to chc-london or not?

please help me in this matter.

so can chc-new delhi help me in this. can they send my passport behalf of me to chc-london? i just dont know what to do? i am really so confused.

please help me in this .

zoeboekatydid

Nov 30, 2010
Oswego IL USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Leon,
Maybe you could answer some on my questions. My canadian fiance and I are trying to find a way for me to get up there to get married and be together. I am a US citizen. I know, here we go again. Lol. He is willing to sponsor me and my kids. There is no reason for him not to be able to sponsor us by the guidelines. My questions are, can we live with him after we get married or do I need to come back to the US until we hear about he sponsorship or PR? If we are able to stay with him, can I work and can the kids go to school while we wait? I have been on the CIC website and there really are no answers. I have sent emails with no response to the CIC and Canadian embassy. We met online and have truly fallen in love. We talk online and on the phone all the time. His last cell phone bill was $2000 for all our calls. We have chat records to prove this isnt just to help me move to Canada. If it wasnt for him, I would have no reason to move there. He is the only reason for me to go. If you could please help me understand what needs to be done, I would greatly appreciate it. I know the process is lengthy and expensive and I am willing to get extra jobs to pay for the expense. I just dont know what I need to do or how it works.
Thank you for your time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoeboekatydid said:
Hey Leon,
Maybe you could answer some on my questions. My canadian fiance and I are trying to find a way for me to get up there to get married and be together. I am a US citizen. I know, here we go again. Lol. He is willing to sponsor me and my kids. There is no reason for him not to be able to sponsor us by the guidelines. My questions are, can we live with him after we get married or do I need to come back to the US until we hear about he sponsorship or PR? If we are able to stay with him, can I work and can the kids go to school while we wait? I have been on the CIC website and there really are no answers. I have sent emails with no response to the CIC and Canadian embassy. We met online and have truly fallen in love. We talk online and on the phone all the time. His last cell phone bill was $2000 for all our calls. We have chat records to prove this isnt just to help me move to Canada. If it wasnt for him, I would have no reason to move there. He is the only reason for me to go. If you could please help me understand what needs to be done, I would greatly appreciate it. I know the process is lengthy and expensive and I am willing to get extra jobs to pay for the expense. I just dont know what I need to do or how it works.
Thank you for your time.
You can not officially move to Canada until you get your PR but you are allowed to visit for up to 6 months at a time. After 6 months, you can apply to extend your visit status as you are waiting to hear about sponsorship. You would not be able to work or study while you wait although you may take courses that do not create college credits and are less than 6 months long. As for the children going to school, I think it depends on the school district. That is who you should ask. I have heard of visiting children being registered in school without a problem but I have also heard of one case of a child of a couple who were both on visit status was refused. In the case your children can't be registered in school, you could of course home school them.

Michael B

Nov 23, 2010
Hi Leon, I'm wondering if you can thrown an opinion, comment or perhaps advice on this one.

After reading numerous stories here, I'm in a weird situation. I sponsored my wife in CONGO ( DRC ) this past september ( 09/14/2010 ) and CPC-M approved me IN ONE DAY. On the 15th they mailed me my approval letter and then I received a letter from VISA OFFICE IN NAIROBI a few weeks later. They started processing in Nairobi on OCT 6 2010.

Few questions about this, has this happened to someone to be approved within a day that you've heard of.

Then NAIROBI ( which is SLOW AS HELL ) and starts processing on OCT 6.

- Sent the following as proof of relationship: Emails, chat logs, phone records, letters from my sister, 2 buddies stating that they are aware of my relatioship and a letter of reference from my buddy who originally introduced me to my "wife" almost 2 years ago. Also Sent them all original moneygram receipts, Bank records showing various purchases for her ( clothes, jewelry, etc ) USPS and Canada post receipts showing me mailing all those items to her. Also sent them "SMS" records sent from her carrier's website. I basically sent them at least 400 pages of various "communication" records that we had since we met.

- Sent them photos of us while I was in Kinshasa ( first trip when I met her and return trip this past april 2010 )
- Sent them envelopes of birth day cards we sent each other as well as the cards themselves.
- Sent them photos of the "proposing" reception at her house and civil wedding photos.
- Sent them a reference letter from a pastor that my wife knows from back home who lives here in Toronto stating he will perform and organize our "traditional" wedding ceremony.
- No previous marriages/Divorces
- No kids involved.
- Both of us have decent jobs ( she's a doctor and i'm Network Maintenance Technician for Rogers Cable )
- My sister and her spoke a few times and exchange emails now and then.

And obviously sent them all usual documents, such as passport and visa photocopies, etc.

With all this, here are my questions:

- Is it unusual for CPC-M to approve someone in 1 DAY.
- Is it strange that NAIROBI started processing so quickly.
- Does anyone think with all the data I sent them an Interview will be required ( I'm a "white" Canadian and she's African obviously, can just "SKIN COLOR" be the difference between having an Interview or not.
- Does anyone know if the "average" times can be shorter than posted? Nairobis's shortest wait times are 13 months and the longest 22. Can processing still be quicker than the posted averages?

Any info, comments, "be awares" or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You to everyone. Leon, hope to hear from you. You seem VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds like you got a "gift" from CPC Mississauga. Don't question it. And yes, applications can be processed faster (and slower) than the posted timelines.

Of course nobody can say for sure but I've got a gut feeling there will be no interview for you. Similar education levels, similiar socio-economic background, common language, same religion, no previous relationships of note, no children, etc. You are checking all the boxes so far. Best of luck.

Michael B

Nov 23, 2010
Thanks Bro, I was just surprised that Mississauga approved me in 1 day. Most of the posts I read here say that it takes on average 1 1/2 months to get a response from them. I guess i'm lucky or I simply had a good file. When I sent this to CPC-M, my box was about 9 LBS on that scale. I had over 400 pages of emails, chat logs, receipts, etc. I guess now it's "Wait and See"

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Love_Young,My friend please add my profile data also in your table so that it can help everybody. They recieved my file on 16th June 2010. Not yet any response, no email, no phone, no post..................waiting

Thanks for helping people seems like you are an organized person.

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Like I said in my previous answer, outland doesn't mean that he can't stay in Canada. You can get married, apply outland and he can stay until his visit visa is up or even apply for an extension and stay as long as it is approved. If they call him for an interview, he would have to go back to his homeland for it.

Mississauga takes about 5-6 weeks first to approve you as a sponsor, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship and then the application is sent to his homeland or the visa office responsible for his homeland. Processing time seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp
Leon in the link that you sent me for processing time for family sponsorship it says 13 months for Cairo is that how long it takes then you approve my sponsorship after Mississauga approves it which there is 5 to 6 weeks? Also in the link it shows a PR approval stage, what is Cairo approving my spnosorship or the PR Outland?