+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ajeshola

Jul 17, 2023
I have a question.

My wife lives in Germany, and she was asked for a FBI clearance. The letter says we have 30 days to respond, but the FBI clearance are going to take longer than that, as we mailed them to the U.S and we have to wait until they come back. Will this be an issue, also the online protal shows that her background verification is complete. Everything shows complete in the online portal. I have tried reaching out to immigration, but I cant get anyone.

Can someone, please help me out on this?
Hi, is your application being processed in Vienna VO? What is your timeline?

Nuyy

Dec 23, 2019
I am asking , how long it takes after the submission of biometric? My biometrics was updated on 18 September.
So you mean, you are waiting for your biometrics Status to be changed to completed?
An I correct?
Sorry not getting your question.
So once your biometrics are updated, The tracker will say completed and It will turn into green .
Same for background and eligibility.
Once your eligibility is completed, you will receive a pre arrival services Letter.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: raghupb05

raghupb05

Jul 22, 2023
So you mean, you are waiting for your biometrics Status to be changed to completed?
An I correct?
Sorry not getting your question.
So once your biometrics are updated, The tracker will say completed and It will turn into green .
Same for background and eligibility.
Once your eligibility is completed, you will receive a pre arrival services Letter.
Hope this helps.
Yes you are right. My biometric complete and now eligibility and background in process how long it take time?

Nuyy

Dec 23, 2019
Hopefully soon , I heard that now files are taking less then 6 months. So not sure though but hopefully it should be soon.
Your visa office?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Hi everyone. I hope you can help me with some questions and share your experiences.

This is my situation:
- I'm a Canadian citizen who lives in Canada.
- I work remotely.
- My fiancee and I will get married next month (in our home country - not Canada).
- I've been temporarily living with her since July (in our home country - not Canada) and my name is in her lease.
- She has a valid Canadian visitor visa.
- We plan to file the application in January from within Canada (we will be living together for a total of 7 months by then).

1. Our plan was to go to Canada in January and then file the application from within Canada to be considered an inland application while she waits for the application with me. Does anyone see any issue with this? What should I say at the airport when we arrive? Can I say that or should I say that she will just visit me for a while and then return? I was considering buying her a return ticket for a few weeks after we arrive just in case.

2. Since we have been and will be continuously living together since July (both outside Canada and then in Canada as soon as we arrive), would it be okay to apply under the "Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class" and check the option that "she is living with me" even though she is in Canada as a visitor? I'd put her name in the lease and get a cellphone bill in her name to prove her address is the same as mine.

3. The goal is for her to stay with me until the application is completed and also to apply for an open work permit, but her visitor visa allows her to stay for up to 6 months, so if we don't hear back about her work visa before 6 months, she would have to leave the country. Has anyone gone through this experience?