Gckey linked: 30th June
Biometrics: 06 July
SA: 07 July
Biometrics Completed: 11 July
Medical Completed: 30 July
Pre Arrival email: 08 Sept
Eligibility Completed: 08 Sept
Any Idea when can I expect PPR ?
New to this, what does AOR and PPR mean?

emett22

Jul 24, 2023
Hello, me and my fiance are trying to figure out the timeline of when she is able to come to Canada from the Philippines.
I am a Canadian citizen, and she is from the Philippines. Our wedding is scheduled for Nov 9th in the Philippines. If anyone can give details on the process, we would be grateful :)

1. The actual marriage certificate might take months to get issued after the ceremony. Do we need to specifically submit the certificate, or is there another document we can use in place? Obviously we want to begin the sponsorship application right away.

2. We are first going to attempt to get her a visitors visa. Anyone know what the success rate is with this? She has a university degree, has travelled and studied in the USA before, a full time job in the Philippines.

3. If we cannot get a visitors visa right away, we will be applying after sponsorship. There is this new way of applying for a visa announced in May this year with a 90% approval rate for those who are in the sponsorship process https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/05/canada-is-reuniting-loved-ones-through-new-immigration-measures-new-measures-also-address-labour-shortages-in-canada.html
We hope to use this method if we cannot get a normal visitors visa right away. But a what point can we apply this new method? Do we need to wait for AOR, or at what point can we do this application?

The sooner we are able to live together, is what we are aiming for.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, me and my fiance are trying to figure out the timeline of when she is able to come to Canada from the Philippines.
I am a Canadian citizen, and she is from the Philippines. Our wedding is scheduled for Nov 9th in the Philippines. If anyone can give details on the process, we would be grateful :)

1. The actual marriage certificate might take months to get issued after the ceremony. Do we need to specifically submit the certificate, or is there another document we can use in place? Obviously we want to begin the sponsorship application right away.

2. We are first going to attempt to get her a visitors visa. Anyone know what the success rate is with this? She has a university degree, has travelled and studied in the USA before, a full time job in the Philippines.

3. If we cannot get a visitors visa right away, we will be applying after sponsorship. There is this new way of applying for a visa announced in May this year with a 90% approval rate for those who are in the sponsorship process https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/05/canada-is-reuniting-loved-ones-through-new-immigration-measures-new-measures-also-address-labour-shortages-in-canada.html
We hope to use this method if we cannot get a normal visitors visa right away. But a what point can we apply this new method? Do we need to wait for AOR, or at what point can we do this application?

The sooner we are able to live together, is what we are aiming for.
1. Need marriage certificate (unless you can apply as common law, i.e. lived together for 12 months or more continuously).
2. If she has had US visas in past and no issues (eg overstays), better than average chances. But that's only a probability, not a visa.
3. After AOR is recommended, but it's a new policy.

emett22

Jul 24, 2023
1. Need marriage certificate (unless you can apply as common law, i.e. lived together for 12 months or more continuously).
2. If she has had US visas in past and no issues (eg overstays), better than average chances. But that's only a probability, not a visa.
3. After AOR is recommended, but it's a new policy.
Yikes, well I'll hope we can get her a visitors visa in that case lol

rammy

Nov 7, 2011
Hi everyone, I have a question:

my wife's (principal Applicant) Pakistani Police Clearance Certificate just expired last month (6+ month), will I need to get a new police clearance certificate before I submit the application?

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Yikes, well I'll hope we can get her a visitors visa in that case lol
You can request an emergency marriage certificate from the LCR and you would get it within 6-8 weeks instead of months (If I remember, we had a letter from the mayor who celebrated our wedding requesting to expedite processing and that helped). We got one after 6 weeks.

The only approved certificate for sponsorship is the one from PSA with yellow paper and blue outline, nothing else.

Wkhan89

Dec 5, 2016
Hello

I Did a spousal sponsorship for my wife in Pakistan. Also did visitor visa application which got approved before spousal sponsorship application. Her PR application just got approved. Can she come to Canada on visitor visa and then do her passport submission here ?

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello

I Did a spousal sponsorship for my wife in Pakistan. Also did visitor visa application which got approved before spousal sponsorship application. Her PR application just got approved. Can she come to Canada on visitor visa and then do her passport submission here ?

Thanks
She would do a virtual landing if physically in canada (computers and stuff), same end result as passport submission.

BUT: I'd recommend she submit passport and get the visa and land at the airport. It is quicker and more reliable in most cases. Should only take a couple weeks or less to do in PK and big advantage is she would arrive in Canada and could work the next day.

Getting in queue for virtual landing is less reliable and more uncertain in timing.

Reactions: Temidayo_

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Hello

Thanks
hello how much time did it take you? we submitted our spousal application in april 2023, biometrics were done in june. since then nothing.