+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
I was currently staying with roommates and have the same address on my driving license.

I recently moved to a new location along with roommates and this too will be temporary location till my wife arrives, when I plan to take a seperate apartment.

Should I update my address to the new temporary location on DL?
Or Should I update my address to my friends address (which is stable and won't change) on DL?

Asking this as need to know, what address should I provide to IRCC while sponsoring my wife?

Banu02

Jan 13, 2023
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
26-10-2022
AOR Received.
07-01-2023
Hello,

QC Spousal Sponsorship - Outland (spouse in UAE)
Submitted: October 26, 2022
AOR: January 7, 2023
SA: January 18, 2023
CSQ: in the process of applying
VO: London

Is it normal for our file to go to the London VO? Is this randomly selected?

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi,
I am planning to apply next month as soon as I get married in India. I read somewhere that as a Canadian citizen, I can apply from outside as well. I plan to bring my wife here soon after as she already has visitor's visa ( makes my application Inland )

Can anyone help me with answering these questions :
1) except for marriage certificate , photos of our marriage etc, do I need any other document(s) ?
2) Are these the corrects forms I need to fiil -:
IMM 0008Generic Application Form for Canada (This form is mandatory for all programs)
IMM 1344Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking
IMM 5406Additional Family Information (This form is mandatory for all programs)
IMM 5669Schedule A: Background/Declaration (This form is mandatory for all programs)
IMM 5562Supplementary Information - Your Travels ( online fill )

appreciate if anyone could help.
TIA

Sam_YYZ

Nov 4, 2022
I was currently staying with roommates and have the same address on my driving license.

I recently moved to a new location along with roommates and this too will be temporary location till my wife arrives, when I plan to take a seperate apartment.

Should I update my address to the new temporary location on DL?
Or Should I update my address to my friends address (which is stable and won't change) on DL?

Asking this as need to know, what address should I provide to IRCC while sponsoring my wife?
Use same address as in documents (As in DL) at the time of applying . You can change later thru webform when move.

Reactions: theonegreatone

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
Hi,
I am planning to apply next month as soon as I get married in India. I read somewhere that as a Canadian citizen, I can apply from outside as well. I plan to bring my wife here soon after as she already has visitor's visa ( makes my application Inland )

1) except for marriage certificate , photos of our marriage etc, do I need any other document(s) ?
IMM 0008Generic Application Form for Canada (This form is mandatory for all programs)
IMM 5669Schedule A: Background/Declaration (This form is mandatory for all programs)

TIA
Following the link below has the document checklist which will also need to be completed and submitted with the application. It also details the additional/supplementary documents required.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5533e.pdf

Good luck with your application!

Reactions: phoenix232

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
Hi,

TIA
I also recommend this YouTube account and all of the videos he has. I came across him after we submitted, wish I had found him beforehand as it would have helped immensely in our preparation:

Also, familiarize yourself with the forum tracking spreadsheet. It gives you a good idea of what to anticipate for stages of the application, and when to anticipate, based on others application tracking experience… not sure if a 2023 version has been created yet or not:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I also recommend this YouTube account and all of the videos he has. I came across him after we submitted, wish I had found him beforehand as it would have helped immensely in our preparation:

Also, familiarize yourself with the forum tracking spreadsheet. It gives you a good idea of what to anticipate for stages of the application, and when to anticipate, based on others application tracking experience… not sure if a 2023 version has been created yet or not:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit
Thank you :)

mvnts

Jan 13, 2015
No idea how long it may take, but this is one of the first in-person interviews I've heard of being requested. Did your lawyer not think to ask if they can do virtual interview (i.e. by zoom or similar)? This was the only kind IRCC was doing for close to two years.
Is It possible to do it online?! Wow, I didn`t know that! They first asked me to go to Mexico to do the interview, then my lawyer requested to change to Brazil in early December, but as of now no news about when it will be :(

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is It possible to do it online?! Wow, I didn`t know that! They first asked me to go to Mexico to do the interview, then my lawyer requested to change to Brazil in early December, but as of now no news about when it will be :(
It is technically possible and IRCC has done them in the past (again, standard during covid). I do not know if they will agree to do so in your case or not, but I do not see any issue with asking.

Reactions: mvnts

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
You as a Canadian can apply from outside - but you can only apply "inland" if you and the principal applicant are in Canada when you do so. (She can travel to Canada during the process, but that doesn't make it an 'inland' application.)

I can help: read the instructions, follow the instructions, complete the checklist.

Sankaurr

Mar 29, 2019
I applied for my spouse pr application. Received pre arrival on Nov 18 /22after that no response. Anybody have how long COPR will take?

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Spouse just got Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) Email. We have replied. What are the general timelines now-days for receiving the login details and the next steps?