+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

anika12

Nov 25, 2022
Hi
Yesterday I got request about procedure fairness Letter

I have applied for my pr through spousal within canada. My husband got his pr in oct 2021. We both were living together on and off but myhusband didnot mention in his pr file that he was in common law( we were notaware about this clause that we have to mention )yes we were in relationship but not married now officer has raise request why your husband didnot mention that in his pr file.
Please help me with this ask.

thank you

JM0930

May 20, 2022
My husband and his children received their medical form. They live in Dominican and I am in Canada. I am the acting representative. On the forms it has my address listed here in Canada for all of them. Is that an error or is it because I’m the representative

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
My husband and his children received their medical form. They live in Dominican and I am in Canada. I am the acting representative. On the forms it has my address listed here in Canada for all of them. Is that an error or is it because I’m the representative
As you’re the representative, all documents will be coming and addressed to you.

J13

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Hi,
I tried many times to create status tracker account after AOR but it keeps saying error. Please help!

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
Hi

I have applied for my pr through spousal within canada. My husband got his pr in oct 2021. We both were living together on and off but myhusband didnot mention in his pr file that he was in common law( we were notaware about this clause that we have to mention )yes we were in relationship but not married now officer has raise request why your husband didnot mention that in his pr file.

thank you
You mentioned that you were living together on and off. At the time of his PR application, had you been living together for at least a continuous year to be deemed common law status in Canada? Or had you not reached the one year yet?

If you were under a year, it seems reasonably explainable to me. However, if you were well over a year at the time of application, then I can understand why they’re querying it.

mvnts

Jan 13, 2015
Hi guys!

I recently received the letter to go for a spouse interview. I currently live in Canada, but we did the outland application because I had a visa denied in the past and the lawyer suggested doing that. The interview was scheduled in Mexico, but I requested the lawyer to do the interview in my home country (Brazil). The request was made on Dec 1st, but as of now, I did not hear from the immigration the new date. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the new letter with the new date?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys!

I recently received the letter to go for a spouse interview. I currently live in Canada, but we did the outland application because I had a visa denied in the past and the lawyer suggested doing that. The interview was scheduled in Mexico, but I requested the lawyer to do the interview in my home country (Brazil). The request was made on Dec 1st, but as of now, I did not hear from the immigration the new date. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the new letter with the new date?
No idea how long it may take, but this is one of the first in-person interviews I've heard of being requested. Did your lawyer not think to ask if they can do virtual interview (i.e. by zoom or similar)? This was the only kind IRCC was doing for close to two years.

anika12

Nov 25, 2022
You mentioned that you were living together on and off. At the time of his PR application, had you been living together for at least a continuous year to be deemed common law status in Canada? Or had you not reached the one year yet?

If you were under a year, it seems reasonably explainable to me. However, if you were well over a year at the time of application, then I can understand why they’re querying it.
How to fix that now can you please help

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

thank you
A procedural fairness letter gives you a warning, so you should work to answer the questions raised in the letter to resolve these issues prior to refusal. If your application is refused, you will receive a decision letter from the IRCC, the letter will detail the reasons as to why your application was refused.

If in fact you were in a common-law relationship (even if you didn't realize that you were), it is still a big problem.

It is very simple. If you and your husband ever cohabited together (anywhere in the world, not just in Canada) for one year or more at any time, before he applied for his PR (or even during the processing of his application) and the relationship was ongoing, you were common-law. If it is determined that he was not truthful in his PR application, he could lose his PR and could never sponsor you under the spousal sponsorship process.

As great as these forums are, sometimes it's best to confer with a qualified lawyer that can give you solid answers/advice, as long as you both give him/her/them solid truthful answers about this matter.

Good luck!

anika12

Nov 25, 2022
A procedural fairness letter gives you a warning, so you should work to answer the questions raised in the letter to resolve these issues prior to refusal. If your application is refused, you will receive a decision letter from the IRCC, the letter will detail the reasons as to why your application was refused.

If in fact you were in a common-law relationship (even if you didn't realize that you were), it is still a big problem.

It is very simple. If you and your husband ever cohabited together (anywhere in the world, not just in Canada) for one year or more at any time, before he applied for his PR (or even during the processing of his application) and the relationship was ongoing, you were common-law. If it is determined that he was not truthful in his PR application, he could lose his PR and could never sponsor you under the spousal sponsorship process.

As great as these forums are, sometimes it's best to confer with a qualified lawyer that can give you solid answers/advice, as long as you both give him/her/them solid truthful answers about this matter.

Good luck!
We both were not aware about this common law thing