Spousal sponsorship

tsuji

Jun 2, 2022
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Hey guys, what’s the process once background verification is completed? Everything else is done for us and that was the only thing left but today the status changed from not started to completed!
Wait lol. Really is just a waiting game for Final Decision after that... not to kill the vibe, but I and many others have been waiting since mid-End of July since BC completion with no update since.

Taran123

May 12, 2021
I need to ask you one question how on pr tracker you guys can see this thing started and completed. I use pr tracker on safari on phone. Can you guide me thanks

Cannybabe

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Just posting my Timeline so it will be helpful for everyone. I am hoping everyone will get their results soon.

Application Date :- Feb 1, 2022
Application Type :- Inland Spousal Sponsorship and Spousal Open Work permit
Application Mode :- Paper application
Medical Request :- March 22 , 2022
Medical Update :- March 30, 2022
No updates after that on anything.
Work Permit Approval letter :- April 22, 2022
Work permit received in mail within a Week.
Spousal Sponsorship Approval Email :- June 22, 2022
Replied on the same day to get credentials.
No credentials so raised a web form nothing happened, emailed again . no action
Credentials Received :- July 4th 2022
Photo and Address in Canada provided :- July 4th 2022
eCOPR :- July 6th 2022
PR Card in Mail :- July 20th 2022

I didn't get request for Biometrics as my Biometrics was done when I did my visitor visa application and it was valid. It's quick in my case as I was in United States for last 7 years.
Hello, how did you do this? Did you fill your UCI in your spousal sponsorship forms? I'll like to know because majority of the people I know say their biometrics was not updated. Pls let me know as soon as you can, it's urgent.

Taran123

May 12, 2021
I need to ask you one question how on pr tracker you guys can see this thing started and completed. I use pr tracker on safari on phone. Can you guide me thanks

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Hi there,

Sending webform for no reason does not help your case. Yes you should send a webform if its necessary but sending unnecessary webforms will delay your case. Does not mean it will add another month or so but its simple logic. There will be another information for them to check.

This is anything but misinformation :) but I understand where you are coming from
This makes a bit more sense. But fyi when you submit a webform it gives you categories to choose from. Unless you're updating something on the file there will not be any delays. Usually a customer service person will determine if the webform requires verification of documents and will forward it to the officer if needed. If it's a simple inquiry they will just send out a generic response.
Might be a coincidence but my file started moving when I submitted webform asking for updates on a matter. This also happened to a few other people I know, where they updated their address etc and their file started moving.
Long story short unless you're making major changes that needs verification it does not cause delay. Which was the case for the person who initially commented. He needed clarification and was not updating anything.

charlesbroski

Star Member
May 19, 2022
Continuing the talk on webform:
I have received the COPR Document Number in the PR Tracker for my spouse. I also received an email asking me to submit passport and documents to New York office within 30 days. But my wife is here in Toronto with me and plans to be here for a few months. In the same email, it said if the Primary Applicant is already in Canada, then inform the Ottawa office via webform and they will let us know how to process documens inside Canada..
It has already been 2 weeks since I sent the webform and I have not received a reply. Any suggestions on what I can do?

1996kaur

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi Guys, I realized that I created my spousal sponsorship online account on my email and mentioned my email as a primary contact. I am sponsor and haven't submit any use of rep form (sponsor as a representative). So, is this mean that my file can be returned as incomplete (missing use of rep). I only created online account with my email address.

1996kaur

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
IMPORTANT: If a sponsor will receive correspondence for, or act in any way on behalf of the principal applicant and/or any dependent child over the age of 18 included in the application for permanent residence, the applicant (and any child 18 or older) must each complete their own Use of Representative form [IMM 5476] listing the sponsor as a representative. If this is not provided, the application will be returned without being processed.

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
hi everyone
please reply if someone know
on my SA it says new delhi for further processing which i got on 29 JULY and yesterday i called .. call agent said my file is in ottawa office ??
any one know if they will trasfer file after or what ??

Reactions: sngr09

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Hello,
A quick question. Is Ecas something other than the application tracker an the IRCC secure login?

Thanks,
ECAS, gckey and the new tracker are all the same. They are updated at different rates. Some give you detailed info and some give you basic info. I use all three just in case if they update one before the other.

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
hi everyone
please reply if someone know
on my SA it says new delhi for further processing which i got on 29 JULY and yesterday i called .. call agent said my file is in ottawa office ??
any one know if they will trasfer file after or what ??
Maybe they are in the process of transferring your file and that's why they said your file is in Ottawa office.
With the current delay it takes a while for them to transfer and process files.
In any case, if your file has been transferred to Ottawa you're lucky. Ottawa is very fast in processing files.

Reactions: mili_0923

Saidov

Aug 19, 2022
Hi there,

My child has already had his confirmation of permanent residence but he has not yet validated it in Canada. Currently I am going to sponsor his mother. Do I have to declare him as a dependent child on the IMM0008 form or not?

Last edited:

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
ECAS, gckey and the new tracker are all the same. They are updated at different rates. Some give you detailed info and some give you basic info. I use all three just in case if they update one before the other.
Thanks for the response.
I use tracker and gckey but ecas doesn’t work for me. I used Sponsor and PA information but it does not login to accounts. I used ecas previously for other immigration file (e.g citizenship) and it was working. Even now if I used the old citizenship file number it shows that citizenship file was completed and closed but the UCI or sponsorship file number don’t work. I guess I will stick to the accounts that are working for now.