Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
If you've received AOR 1, does this mean your application will not be returned back to you for something such as missing signatures, underpayment, or incomplete forms? I guess I am just looking for reassurance that my paperwork was completed correctly, or if I should still be holding my breath for an administrative kickback? Thank you.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you've received AOR 1, does this mean your application will not be returned back to you for something such as missing signatures, underpayment, or incomplete forms? I guess I am just looking for reassurance that my paperwork was completed correctly, or if I should still be holding my breath for an administrative kickback? Thank you.
Correct, if it's been acknowledged as received, you are not missing signatures, payment, or forms. It has passed completeness check.

Sapphire Blue

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hello has anyone completed their spousal sponsorship application without a lawyer?

I'm planning to apply for my spouse who is outside of Canada and he has dependent kids, my question is " does the copy of their passports and birth certificate need any signature on it, or its okay to just send the copy? Also do we do medicals for the children or CIC will request that after we submit the application. Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
PR app, yes.

OWP app, no. It can still be returned after AOR.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello has anyone completed their spousal sponsorship application without a lawyer?

I'm planning to apply for my spouse who is outside of Canada and he has dependent kids, my question is " does the copy of their passports and birth certificate need any signature on it, or its okay to just send the copy? Also do we do medicals for the children or CIC will request that after we submit the application. Thanks in advance!
Majority do it without a lawyer.

Copies don't need signatures but depending on the country, some copies need to be notarized.

Medicals are requested by IRCC.

Reactions: Sapphire Blue

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
anybody his application forwarded to Amman visa office ?? I know some group and I'm in these group , but I want to know if there is some other people there application forwarded to Amman .

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
Could you guys share your time line with us because In Jordan thing the Process take alot of time , so we can make comparison between the different countries and there timelines .

Canada<3India

Dec 22, 2019
Hi Intelligent Visa Community,

I am grateful to have been shown this site.
I will keep my info and Q's as simple as possible.

In regards to my wife's PR application:
I am a Canadian-born Citizen.
I recently married my wife who is an Indian Citizen.
We married in India.
Currently I am visiting her and her family, travelling around India for 5 months.
I have some specific questions regarding 'living in Canada' and about us 'living together'.
I have posted the document number as well as question number to make referencing this easier.

IMM 5532
Part A Question 6: Residence in Canada
Do you live in Canada now?

YES. (My Reasoning)
I would still consider myself 'living in Canada' even though I am currently visiting my wife and her family during this time.
This is because I am not 'making a living' in India.

Part C Question 3:
Are you living together now?

NO. (My Reasoning)
While I am visiting and staying with her in India I wouldn't consider us living together. As we do not have joint bills, or insurance together or any of the supporting documents they mention.

IMM5533
PART B:
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS SPONSOR

Question 2 Are you (the sponsor) a Canadian citizen living outside Canada?
NO. (Same reasoning as first response)

What do you think of these responses?
If an expert here, could help that would be great!

Last edited:

Ahmad1001

Star Member
Dec 8, 2019
Hello everyone!
I gave my interview in november 2019, few days after my interview i got the pre arrival service email since then its been 60 working days i havent heard back from them whether my case is accepted or rejected and i dont know what to do who to contact can anybody help me
Thank you in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Intelligent Visa Community,

I am grateful to have been shown this site.
I will keep my info and Q's as simple as possible.

In regards to my wife's PR application:
I am a Canadian-born Citizen.
I recently married my wife who is an Indian Citizen.
We married in India.
Currently I am visiting her and her family, travelling around India for 5 months.
I have some specific questions regarding 'living in Canada' and about us 'living together'.
I have posted the document number as well as question number to make referencing this easier.

IMM 5532
Part A Question 6: Residence in Canada
Do you live in Canada now?

YES. (My Reasoning)
I would still consider myself 'living in Canada' even though I am currently visiting my wife and her family during this time.
This is because I am not 'making a living' in India.

Part C Question 3:
Are you living together now?

NO. (My Reasoning)
While I am visiting and staying with her in India I wouldn't consider us living together. As we do not have joint bills, or insurance together or any of the supporting documents they mention.

IMM5533
PART B:
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS SPONSOR

Question 2 Are you (the sponsor) a Canadian citizen living outside Canada?
NO. (Same reasoning as first response)

What do you think of these responses?
If an expert here, could help that would be great!
Exact opposite answer to all questions.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone!
I gave my interview in november 2019, few days after my interview i got the pre arrival service email since then its been 60 working days i havent heard back from them whether my case is accepted or rejected and i dont know what to do who to contact can anybody help me
Thank you in advance
It can take several months after an interview. You just keep waiting.

Raza.taqi4

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

The online tool states that they have sent a medical instructions on December 3rd...but we haven't received any correspondence at all from IRCC regarding medical instructions. Web enquiry has been completed. IRCC acknowledged that the correspondence hasn't been received at our end, and has forwarded a request to the responsible office . But I m a bit worried how long usually it would take the responsible office to reply back or see the request to resend the correspondence with extended deadline... Pls guide

Canada<3India

Dec 22, 2019
Exact opposite answer to all questions.
OK. thank you for your response!
Next question is in regards to the order of the applications.
PR/ Work Permit/ Travel/Visitors/Dependent Visa

I am planning to submit the PR application for my wife in the next week.
I am staying in India with her until April 15th and want her to be on the plane with me when we go.
I was wondering what is the best way to make that happen.

Should we apply for a work permit/dependent/travel and submit the PR application from Canada?

Submit the PR application while she in India and then apply for the work permit?

Ideally we would like to start the PR application as soon as possible with the ability of her to work in April or as soon as possible.

Also is an ILETS exam necessary?
She is very fluent in English.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I am staying in India with her until April 15th and want her to be on the plane with me when we go.

Should we apply for a work permit/dependent/travel and submit the PR application from Canada?

Submit the PR application while she in India and then apply for the work permit?

Ideally we would like to start the PR application as soon as possible with the ability of her to work in April or as soon as possible.

Probably not going to be able to travel together.

She can apply for a TRV but with a Canadian spouse, chances of approval are very low.

She doesn't qualify for a work permit or any sort of "dependent" permit from outside of Canada.

Outland apps don't qualify for OWPs.

She won't be able to work in April.

IELTS aren't needed.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

You really need to take a breath and do some research.

Work permits and spousal PR sponsorships are separate (unless she's already in Canada). Unless she has a visitor's visa, she can't come to Canada. She doesn't qualify for a dependent visa.

IELTS is only needed if she's applying for a student visa or express entry.

Decide what you want to do and then research that. Be aware that spousal PR typically takes a year.

Reactions: Belarusian