+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Wahedi

Sep 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london visa office
I am currently a PR in Canada. I sponsored my wife who is in India and submitted the file in October 2019 and got confirmation in November 2019. I got approval on the sponsorship part on January 3 and got email for biometrics on January 5 and another email for medical on January 06 2020. My questions how long does it take to get PR after the medical exam is done?
according to the ongoing trends followed by ndvo its not clear wen can u expect ppr as far count the total process btwn 9-12 months aft

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Mine had said the same thing since November. Praying to get good news soon!
Yea mine still says that your application is taking us longer than usual to process. It's been couple days since 100% completed. I got this messege the next day. Fill me in

Rani C

Nov 29, 2019
Applied on Nov 2018.... current stage (after interview was done on 7th Nov) is Decision made (received Pre arrival invitation letter on 20 Nov). It is almost 15 working days since the Decision is made updated on Portal but no passport request yet......Anyone facing the same issue ???

Etoile2019

Jul 9, 2019
Applied on Nov 2018.... current stage (after interview was done on 7th Nov) is Decision made (received Pre arrival invitation letter on 20 Nov). It is almost 15 working days since the Decision is made updated on Portal but no passport request yet......Anyone facing the same issue ???
Why did they request the interview?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We submitted all the details and documents. He is shifting from Toronto to montreal. Is there any different process if he changes to another province during my process? Please let me know
He will need to update IRCC that he has moved to Quebec and go through the CSQ process.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am a Canadian Citizen living in Toronto. I just recently got married to a Pakistani girl in Pakistan in December 2019. We had a simple Nikanama and religiously, legally she is my wife now. I wish to apply to sponsor her to Canada by the end of January or February 2020.

Although we will most definately be applying through an experienced immigration lawyer in Canada, but still i will be grateful for the most comprehensive summarized guidance with respect to my case in terms of the application forms to be filled out by me the sponsor, my wife the sponsoree and the list of documents to be provided by me and her.
Nikah-only apps are often refused. You really should finish all ceremonies, especially Rukhsati.

Tkkfamily

Jan 3, 2020
Category........
FAM
If your application was returned, it means it was missing signatures or required documents. Your application was not processed and will need to be resubmitted. You may want to contact Hong Kong Post to see if they can trace it; November to January is a long time for mail to not be delivered (but it's not unheard of, I had to wait September 23 to December 27 for mail from Shanghai to Vancouver)
Such a relief, i have finally received my returned application and know what i am missing! Just want to quickly ask, do i need to reprint and sign again all the documents with current dates or it is okay to resubmit the same docs? Thank you!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Such a relief, i have finally received my returned application and know what i am missing! Just want to quickly ask, do i need to reprint and sign again all the documents with current dates or it is okay to resubmit the same docs? Thank you!!!
Check for form updates. If it has been updated, you need to redo it.

nick011011

Jan 8, 2020
hi ..i have question regarding spousal PR the sponsorship program.

Currently, i am living in canada and i am going to get married on jan 15th, 2020. I am going to get married in india.. (outside canada)
and i will be back to canada on feb 10.

so Am i eligible to apply for spousal application even if i am in india. like on jan25th after my marriage. because my relatives are also attending the marriage and they will be back to canada early like on jan 25th so i m thinking to give them application package and they will mail the application once they r in canada like on jan 26th.

i want my spouse application in queue early and dont want to wait until feb 10th.

just want to confirm is there any rule around that i have to come back to canada and then i can do application for my spouse.

i need your help guys on this situation. appreciate it thanks.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
hi ..i have question regarding spousal PR the sponsorship program.

Currently, i am living in canada and i am going to get married on jan 15th, 2020. I am going to get married in india.. (outside canada)
and i will be back to canada on feb 10.

so Am i eligible to apply for spousal application even if i am in india. like on jan25th after my marriage. because my relatives are also attending the marriage and they will be back to canada early like on jan 25th so i m thinking to give them application package and they will mail the application once they r in canada like on jan 26th.

i want my spouse application in queue early and dont want to wait until feb 10th.

just want to confirm is there any rule around that i have to come back to canada and then i can do application for my spouse.

i need your help guys on this situation. appreciate it thanks.
Are you a citizen or a PR?

As a citizen, you can apply from outside Canada. If you are a PR, you must be in Canada and living in Canada to apply.

conmafri

Jan 3, 2020
Manitoba Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
08/04/2019
AOR Received.
08/04/2019
Med's Request
14/09/2019
Med's Done....
23/09/2019
Hello,
Please is there anyone who submitted passport to VFS Lagos in December and has gotten it back?
I am waiting for PPR from Accra and intend to submit to Lagos. I got the prearrival letter Dec 31/19 and hope passport request will come soon.

nick011011

Jan 8, 2020
Are you a citizen or a PR?

As a citizen, you can apply from outside Canada. If you are a PR, you must be in Canada and living in Canada to apply.

Hi I am PR only and living in canada. i am only going for a visit (to get married) to India and only for a month from jan10th to feb 10th.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi I am PR only and living in canada. i am only going for a visit (to get married) to India and only for a month from jan10th to feb 10th.
Then you have to be living in Canada and back in Canada to apply for spousal sponsorship. You can't have your relatives do it.