February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
nelly72 said:
Hello! Not sure if this is the right area for my questions.

My husband is a Canadian Citizen and I am Bermudian (British) we live together and work in Bermuda (I was born here and have lived here all my life). We sent his Sponsorship Application and my PR application as one package to CIC Miss. CIC received it on August 16th. The CIC online status check shows that a Decision was made and a letter sent to us on Sept. 14th.
Unfortunately, it would appear they did not include our zip code. Believe it or not, Bermuda will send the letter back to Canada if it doesn't have the zip code - even though the postman knows where our house is! It only takes 40 minutes from one end of the island to the other! ;D I tried calling CIC to make sure they use our zip code but because I am calling from outside Canada the call won't even go through and of course, my husband is with me.

I am assuming that "Decision Made" means my husband was approved as a sponsor - really no reason why he wouldn't be. So really, there wouldn't be any other correspondence coming from CIC Miss. - right?

Does anyone know how quickly it takes for the application to be sent to Buffalo for PR processing once a decision is made on sponsorship?

As I don't have the letter from CIC Miss. can I call Buffalo and will they have a record of me? I need to tell someone about this zip code craziness but I don't even know my case number as I assume it is in the letter.

My medicals have already been done and received by CIC and I have just received my FBI letter (just in case they wanted one) so there is nothing outstanding at all about my application. Pretty straight forward actually. Any advice?

Thanks and all the best,
Nell
Ok nell so you can change your address through E-Cas. And i am pretty sure you are dialing 1-800 number which only works from within Canada. You can dial +1 613 944 4000, It is the contact number for foreign affairs. OR you can fax Mississauga Office on their Fax number with your concern. The Fax number is Fax: 905-803-7392.

Hope this will help.

wickedfaddy

Sep 23, 2010
my name is faddy and iam from bangladesh my gf she is canadian citizen i want to knoe for sponsership immigration is she need to come down to my country and then have to get married and then she can apply or she can do it witout coming to my country from canada she can apply what we should do we dont knoe we are very much confused and is this canada visa david cohen is genuine or fake since so many fake companies now please email me with ur suggestions what we should do jarul_e@yahoo.com.

Best Regards
FaddY.

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adzees said:
Ok nell so you can change your address through E-Cas. And i am pretty sure you are dialing 1-800 number which only works from within Canada. You can dial +1 613 944 4000, It is the contact number for foreign affairs. OR you can fax Mississauga Office on their Fax number with your concern. The Fax number is Fax: 905-803-7392.

Hope this will help.
Thank you so much! I called the Foreign Affairs number and after pushing quite a few buttons and only waiting for 10 minutes I was able to speak to someone. They told me that the information showing on ECAS is as much as they can fit in and is just the basic. They said if I put my zip code on the original application then I shouldn't worry as that would be the address they would use. So, I will just sit and wait for our Sponsorship Decision letter. It was really good to actually be able to speak to someone and now I have the number I know who to call. The woman was really helpful but I didn't ask her for anything else as I didn't want to push my luck so early in the process.

Thank you again!
Nell

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Quick question - what if I am offered a job in Canada while I am waiting for my PR application to be processed? Can the employer apply for a work visa for me?

Thanks,
Nell

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
nelly72 said:
Hello,

Quick question - what if I am offered a job in Canada while I am waiting for my PR application to be processed? Can the employer apply for a work visa for me?

Thanks,
Nell
Yes they can. All they have to do is to get a Labour market opinion from the Labour board. Once approved, you can apply for work permit.

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
hello all

i want to know that if anybody is going to canada to the first time,,,considering all the aspects,,,when can he or she visit to the india without much problem,,,,

i am asking this coz i m 28 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged BEFORE going to canada and the come back after some time,,,,,need ur views

although i m not interested in investing into some kind of prperty for first 3 years

2ndly i was trying to ask that once you land in canda after getting FSW1 and u complete all the formalities,,,is there a time barrier or some other rule that when can u apply for your spouse,,,like if i come back after one year and get married,,,when can i apply for her case?

please advise me

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
godblessyou said:
hello all

i want to know that if anybody is going to canada to the first time,,,considering all the aspects,,,when can he or she visit to the india without much problem,,,,

i am asking this coz i m 28 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged BEFORE going to canada and the come back after some time,,,,,need ur views

although i m not interested in investing into some kind of prperty for first 3 years

2ndly i was trying to ask that once you land in canda after getting FSW1 and u complete all the formalities,,,is there a time barrier or some other rule that when can u apply for your spouse,,,like if i come back after one year and get married,,,when can i apply for her case?

please advise me
I dont know if i understand you correctly. Are you going to apply for Permanent Residency or do you already have it?

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
adzees said:
I dont know if i understand you correctly. Are you going to apply for Permanent Residency or do you already have it?
i am in the last stages of getting my PR through,,,,have subbmitted medicals,,,,all these quiries are for my future sir

thanx

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
godblessyou said:
i am in the last stages of getting my PR through,,,,have subbmitted medicals,,,,all these quiries are for my future sir

thanx
Ok in this case yes you can come back.
All you need to have is your Permanent Resident Card, that they normally sent you in 6 weeks once you provided them with a Canadian mailing address. The PR card is valid for 5 years from the date of issue. The person must stay total of 2 years out of 5 in order to be eligible for the renewal of PR card.

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
adzees said:
Ok in this case yes you can come back.
All you need to have is your Permanent Resident Card, that they normally sent you in 6 weeks once you provided them with a Canadian mailing address. The PR card is valid for 5 years from the date of issue. The person must stay total of 2 years out of 5 in order to be eligible for the renewal of PR card.
do we need to get some kind of financial level before sponsering my spouse????

like some kind of bank account or taxes etc....

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Its good to have it but not necessary. A sponsor cannot be on welfare othet than disability. And he or she shouldnt have any bankruptcy record for last seven years. They normally ask you for your last year tax and stuff, but you can always give them the reason for not providing it. However, when you apply for spouse you should be in canada. Only canadian citizens can sponsor their spouses while staying outside of canada

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adzees said:
Yes they can. All they have to do is to get a Labour market opinion from the Labour board. Once approved, you can apply for work permit.
The Labour board does not issue Labour Market Opinions. That is done through Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
rjessome said:
The Labour board does not issue Labour Market Opinions. That is done through Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.
Yup thats what i meant sorry HRSDC do that ...

L7

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Refusals due to income ?

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.
Hi
well Leon in view of your above statement it means

that i can sponsor my wife along with my children for PR without showing
my last 12 months income in Canada?

instead of income i will have to assure the CIC that i have the sufficient
funds and future plans to fulfill the basic needs of my family and after arriving in
Canada no one of my family member will get the social assistance from any Canadian Govt. program?

is this correct? is this valid for sponsoring wife & children?

Please answer it'll help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

mr70

Sep 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question about being a sponsor and looking for some input. If my fiancee came to Canada on a TRV and we got married and she then returned to her country of residence,am I still able to sponsor her? The reason I ask is she would not be able to stay and apply inland because she has to return home to her dependent child,maintain her work and home.