+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi,

Happy New Year to everyone and good luck with your application!

Following the changes to the spousal sponsorship introduced by the Canadian governement on the 15th of December 2016, I have a few questions:

- since now there is no difference between inland and outland application anymore, can I get a work permit to work in Canada sooner than in 12 months (current processing time)?

or

- my only option to live with my wife sooner than in 12 months is going there on holiday and wait?

I am wondering if it is more convenient to apply inland now that there is no a specific 'inland' application, i.e. the processing time is not anymore double than for an outland application and I assume that now it is possible to appeal if the application is denied even if I have applied from inland?

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
QUESTION

The CIC wants prove that me and my spouce are talking text, social media, etc. CIC wants only 10 pages. I do have all the conversation, Each month of conversation is 300 to 400 pages with the pictures included.

How can I make the 10 pages very effective with enough chat logs?

Thank you

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
ojofar said:
QUESTION

The CIC wants prove that me and my spouce are talking text, social media, etc. CIC wants only 10 pages. I do have all the conversation, Each month of conversation is 300 to 400 pages with the pictures included.

How can I make the 10 pages very effective with enough chat logs?

Thank you
They are not as interested in the content more the length of time. Take shots that show the passage of time

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ste_Vege said:
- since now there is no difference between inland and outland application, can I get a work permit to work in Canada sooner than in 12 months (current processing time)?

or

- my only option to live with my wife sooner than in 12 months is going there on holiday and wait?

I assume that now it is possible to appeal if the application is denied even if I have applied from inland?
If you are outside of Canada, you must apply outland and there is no OWP option. If you come to Canada as a visitor and apply inland with the OWP, it will take about 4 months to receive the OWP.

There is still no appeal option if you select inland.

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
If you are outside of Canada, you must apply outland and there is no OWP option. If you come to Canada as a visitor and apply inland with the OWP, it will take about 4 months to receive the OWP.

There is still no appeal option if you select inland.
Thanks.

I had understood that with the new system there was only one type of sponsorship application and therefore there was no difference between inland and outland.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ste_Vege said:
Thanks.

I had understood that with the new system there was only one type of sponsorship application and therefore there was no difference between inland and outland.
There is one application package but as shown in the guide and the checklists, there is still a differentiation between inland and outland.

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Sous02 said:
They are not as interested in the content more the length of time. Take shots that show the passage of time
SHOULD I TAKE SCREEN SHOTS OR COPY AND PASTE ONTO MIRCOSOFT WORK?

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
QUESTION

On the new document checklist page 6, it's asking:
birth certificates for yourself and all your family members"

I'm sponsoring my spouse, does she need to provide her parents, brother, and sisters documents"
-birth certificates, national ID card, passports etc...

thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ojofar said:
On the new document checklist page 6, it's asking:
birth certificates for yourself and all your family members"

I'm sponsoring my spouse, does she need to provide her parents, brother, and sisters documents"
-birth certificates, national ID card, passports etc...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#appendixa

Family members:
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children. See subsection 1(3) of the IRPR for the legal definition.

phil832

Apr 29, 2016
Hi Everyone.

I was looking in the search but couldn't find an answer.

I am a Canadian citizen who is sponsoring is wife ( outland ). She is now living in Canada as a visitor ( she has a 1 year right to stay here ). She took a private healthcare insurance from her country before coming here ( Japan ). But we were wondering if we can apply for Canadian health care ? Do we have to wait a certain time after she came here, or do we really have to wait until she receives her PR ?

We are planning to have a child, but considering the cost of it, we might delay and wait if she can't get health care.

Anyways , thank you :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
phil832 said:
I am a Canadian citizen who is sponsoring is wife ( outland ). She is now living in Canada as a visitor ( she has a 1 year right to stay here ). She took a private healthcare insurance from her country before coming here ( Japan ). But we were wondering if we can apply for Canadian health care ? Do we have to wait a certain time after she came here, or do we really have to wait until she receives her PR ?
Which province?

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hello! Just a few more questions before I go ahead and send the forms to my husband (sponsor)

1. Should I include my sponsor(husband) as my dependent to be filled out in form 'Generic Applicafikn Form for Canada?)
2. Would it matter if the forms that must be answered by the sponsor is validated here in Singapore where the principal applicant is residing?
3. Would the validation go through even if I leave some blanks because some information are still being verified by my husband? (exact date when he obtained citizenship)
4. In the checklist it says:

[box] Are you, the sponsor, a Canadian Citizen living outside Canada? [no] [yes]

So I checked no. SHould I also check the box before the question? I'm not sure if the check means I understand or a no check means not applicable.

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Avicon2016 said:
Hello! Just a few more questions before I go ahead and send the forms to my husband (sponsor)

1. Should I include my sponsor(husband) as my dependent to be filled out in form 'Generic Applicafikn Form for Canada?)
2. Would it matter if the forms that must be answered by the sponsor is validated here in Singapore where the principal applicant is residing?
3. Would the validation go through even if I leave some blanks because some information are still being verified by my husband? (exact date when he obtained citizenship)
4. In the checklist it says:

[box] Are you, the sponsor, a Canadian Citizen living outside Canada? [no] [yes]

So I checked no. SHould I also check the box before the question? I'm not sure if the check means I understand or a no check means not applicable.

Thanks in advance and happy new year!
1. No.
2. Important thing is, it gets Validated.
3. Validation will not go through if there is/are unanswered question/s. The system will highlight which ones need attention or be corrected.
4. It is either a Yes or a No. Does your Sponsor live in Canada or not?

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Survivor27 said:
1. No.
2. Important thing is, it gets Validated.
3. Validation will not go through if there is/are unanswered question/s. The system will highlight which ones need attention or be corrected.
4. It is either a Yes or a No. Is your sponsor living in Canada or not?
Thanks!

The answer is No, he is not living outside Canada. I mean the box before the question.