+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

walesme

Jun 14, 2016
Please house i need u guyz help ...cic gave me 15 days to submit my passport to Ghana for visa but am currently living in China and my passport is at the immigration office for visa extension... is there a way cic can extend my 15 days or send my documents to here in China for me to get my Visa here ...

ehsan1618

Nov 29, 2016
Need help
Please explain, Applicant from Pakistan and case is spouse case submitted from canada
ECASE status is
Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on July 15, 2016.
2.We started processing your application on September 14, 2016.
3.Medical results have been received.
4.We sent you correspondence on September 14, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

My current application Mycic status is

Application/profile details

Application/profile status---------------------> Open
Review of eligibility---------------------------->Review in Progress
Review of medical results--------------------->Passed
Review of submitted documents-------------->
Scheduling an interview------------------------>Not needed at this time
A background check is needed----------------->Not Started
Final decision------------------------------------->Not Started

the line 4 of myCIC status is empty i.e
Review of submitted documents-------------->

and paragraph of Ecase is
We sent you correspondence on September 14, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I am curious about it and had not received any email about documents required..
we had submitted the application on 15th July 2016, Please let me know what is more expected time

NYTH

Dec 2, 2016
hi ,any good news guys april applicants here ..no update since immigration asked for additional doc.sept.22nd and sent sept.29th ..since then still no update ..

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Avicon2016 said:
I would also like to ask how important it is to declare the sponsor's kid when he only signed the Acknowledge of Paternity before the kid was born. The mother didn't tell him about the baby until a couple of months before the kid was born. He didnt sign anything on the birth certificate of the child. He doesnt even know the birthday of the child because the mother refused to communicate with the sponsor. I really appreciate the opinions and info you could share.

Also, let me know how much would it affect out application if our case is this:

Feb. 2014 - we got into relationship when sponsor visited me
May 2014 - had a mistake when he met up with the ex girlfiend but the ex didn't tell the sponsor that she got pregnant
Dec. 2014 - sponsor visited me again and introduced him to my family and relatives
Jan 2014 - the woman told my husband that the kid is his. He wanted to support the kid but still wants to pursue me.
Feb 2015- the kid was born. The mother was still showing the child to the sponsor but very rarely
May 2016 - we got married and the mother of my sponsors kid never communicated with the father anymore and been hiding the kid from him.

Im sorry to have told you the story but I'm just anxious this would be a problem coz we want to be together a and start a family.
If the mother had shown the child to your spouse when the baby was born, your spouse would know the name of the kid and the kid's birthday. Hard to believe if he had seen his child before and did not even ask the baby's name or when the child was born. @canuck is right. You both must declare the child. If the father does not really know when the child was born, both of you must execute an Affidavit about this in support to the forms you are filling.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Survivor27 said:
If the mother had shown the child to your spouse when the baby was born, your spouse would know the name of the kid and the kid's birthday. Hard to believe if he had seen his child before and did not even ask the baby's name or when the child was born. @canuck is right. You both must declare the child. If the father does not really know when the child was born, both of you must execute an Affidavit about this in support to the forms you are filling.
We do know the child's name. We don't know the exact birthdate. The mother just let my husband see the child after a month the child was born. The birthdate I gave earlier was the information we got from stalking without seeing the real birth certificate. Honestly the mother doesn't communicate.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Also, is it considered past common-law partners when my husband and his ex- gf lived together for 2 years. What happened was he rented an apartment but only my husband paid everything. The ex girl friend just moved in. The ex's Bills/letters still dropped to hers parents house.

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Hi, I need little with the new "document checklist" there's few things i don't understand.

1. On the document checklist, first page it says that ("you must attach this checklist ( both part A and part B, all pages")
My question:
what Part A and Part B of the document checklist is the asking for? is there another document checklist?

2. Do I , my spouse her parents, brother and sisters each need to fill out the "Additional family information IMM5406" ?

3. Page 4 of 6 on the document checklist its asking:
A. most recently issued passport or travel document for you and all your family member (who will accompany you to Canada)
question
Non of her family member will be accompany her to Canada. but i will be going back to Bangladesh and accompanying her back to Canada when CIC approves her sponsorship.
will i need to submit my passport too?

4. do i need to submit original birth certificate or copies ?

5. for police background check, does my spouse family members over the age of 18 need to get police background check?

thank you

:)

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
ojofar said:
Hi, I need little with the new "document checklist" there's few things i don't understand.

1. On the document checklist, first page it says that ("you must attach this checklist ( both part A and part B, all pages")
My question:
what Part A and Part B of the document checklist is the asking for? is there another document checklist?

2. Do I , my spouse her parents, brother and sisters each need to fill out the "Additional family information IMM5406" ?

A. most recently issued passport or travel document for you and all your family member (who will accompany you to Canada)
question
Non of her family member will be accompany her to Canada. but i will be going back to Bangladesh and accompanying her back to Canada when CIC approves her sponsorship.

5. for police background check, does my spouse family members over the age of 18 need to get police background check?

thank you

Not 100% sure in regards to the first question.
#2- Just you fill that out, unless you're bringing brothers and sisters or anyone else with you as a dependent.
#3- Just you and your sponsor will need to upload a photocopy of the passport.
#4- Photocopy, I was told they don't want originals of anything (even cards/letters)
#5- Just the applicant

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
barch88 said:
Not 100% sure in regards to the first question.
#2- Just you fill that out, unless you're bringing brothers and sisters or anyone else with you as a dependent.
#3- Just you and your sponsor will need to upload a photocopy of the passport.
#4- Photocopy, I was told they don't want originals of anything (even cards/letters)
#5- Just the applicant

thank you for replying so fast.

i got another question
will my spouse's parents or brother sisters need to submit their passport, birth certificate or any other documents of any sort?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ojofar said:
thank you for replying so fast.

i got another question
will my spouse's parents or brother sisters need to submit their passport, birth certificate or any other documents of any sort?
no, the applicant's family members are NOT applying for PR. therefore, they don't submit anything in the application. the application is ONLY for the applicant applying for PR. These forms are generic for all streams of immigration, so "family members" being referenced on the forms is relevant to other streams, not spousal sponsorship.

The sponsor ONLY fills out the sponsor forms. they do not fill out any applicant forms. Again, the term "spouse" being used is in reference to other immigration streams, not spousal sponsorship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Avicon2016 said:
Also, is it considered past common-law partners when my husband and his ex- gf lived together for 2 years. What happened was he rented an apartment but only my husband paid everything. The ex girl friend just moved in. The ex's Bills/letters still dropped to hers parents house.
Yes, they were common-law. He needs to declare her as such on IMM1344 and on the checklist.

jigneshshah87

Oct 21, 2015
ojofar said:

My question:

question

thank you

for question 1 check form 5533 page 1 on top for part 'a' and pg 2 on bottom for part 'b' so, you have to submit both part a and b.
thanks.

jigneshshah87

Oct 21, 2015
jigneshshah87 said:
Hello.. everyone.
I need help regarding spouse sponser.
I didnt make that much money last year as i was going to university for more education. Wt are the chances to get application approval. If there is any other way for applying.
What is the best option for me now? Wt is income cutoff now? To be sponser and can my wife 's brother sponser her.. or can he be my co signer if he is in canada..
Please help me out i am so stressed and confused at this point..

:D :D :D :D Please guys if someone can address my issue.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
jigneshshah87 said:
:D :D :D :D Please guys if someone can address my issue.

Do not worry. They will only want to be assured you or your spouse will not need government assistance. Show your future plans for supporting yourselves.

Wenliying

Dec 22, 2016
hello all,

I'm new here.
My husband sponsors me to immigrate to Canada, and he just received an email from CIC says they received my application and started processing the application on DEC 21.
We were applying it inside of Canada.
Does that mean I can apply work permit now?
Thank you for your help!!