28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Cheshire said:
Hello, everyone. I'm looking for an info which is definitely available somewhere on cic website or here, but i just can't ask right question/make right search request.

After visa issued for my wife to come to Canada, how much time does she has before visa expires? We are still gathering documents and information, but i want to know after we receive positive(if we do) answer, how fast we have to enter canada before her visa expires and if we don't, do we have to start over?

Not necessary to give the answer, just point me to the info/link. Would be grateful for either.
Typically one year from the time the medical was complete - or the expiry date on her passport - whichever is sooner. If she fails to land by the expiry date on her PR visa, she would need to start the process again from scratch.

eaforster

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2016
AOR Received.
01-10-2016
File Transfer...
15-10-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-07-2016
Passport Req..
ECAS DM: 02/07/2017 PPR: 02/15/2017
VISA ISSUED...
02/27/2017
LANDED..........
03/04/2017
Hi guys,

I just got married in Ontario (Canada) and I know it takes around 6-8 weeks before you can get your marriage certificate. Can I go ahead and order the certificate online ASAP or should I wait the 6-8 weeks before ordering?

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Thank you for the reply. I will message the doctor that did my husband's son medical exam to make sure everything was sent with no problems. We'll be going into 18 months in our application. It seems to be taking longer than we expected.
We hope to hear back from CIC soon. Thank you once again. We appreciate your advise.

jupiter16

May 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-16
AOR Received.
AOR 12-03-6, AOR2 30-03-16
File Transfer...
28-03-16
Med's Request
Remed request 12th nov,16
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
interview queued on 24-08-16, interview 8th dec,16
Passport Req..
01-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-17, passport back 19-02-17
LANDED..........
18-03-17
anyone sign up for MYCIC account?

Faquir

Jul 22, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Please Help me:

I have received refusal letter for inland spousal application, reason stating (a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring status or privilege under the act; or
(b)is not genuine.

After 8 days i received another notice to appear for the proceeding Under subsection 44(2), the purpose of proceeding is to determine whether i'm authorized to remain in Canada or removal order should be issued against me. In addition, officer who was working on my case have reported me as an inadmissible pursuant to subsection 41(a).

So here is my Story, i came to Canada on February, 2011on study permit. I applied for student visa extension during my restoration period, but got denied on November,2013. Got married to my beautiful wife after 7 days of my student permit extension refusal and applied for inland spousal visa in feb,2014. I went out of status and couldn't get work permit. I was still out of status when i got refusal for my inland spousal application on july, 2016. As I mentioned earlier, now they have sent me the notice of hearing on August 8.

Me and my wife is really upset with the un-fair decision made by an officer. How can an officer judge 4 years of relationship within 1 hour interview?
I'm here to seek some professional advice and help, how to make this work.
Please let me know if anyone can give me a way out so we can deal with it with full confidence.

I have posted it on New topics as well and after i found this topic, I hope to hear back really soon cause i do not have much time

Thanks

Faquir

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Faquir said:
Hello Everyone,

Please Help me:

I have received refusal letter for inland spousal application, reason stating (a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring status or privilege under the act; or
(b)is not genuine.

After 8 days i received another notice to appear for the proceeding Under subsection 44(2), the purpose of proceeding is to determine whether i'm authorized to remain in Canada or removal order should be issued against me. In addition, officer who was working on my case have reported me as an inadmissible pursuant to subsection 41(a).

So here is my Story, i came to Canada on February, 2011on study permit. I applied for student visa extension during my restoration period, but got denied on November,2013. Got married to my beautiful wife after 7 days of my student permit extension refusal and applied for inland spousal visa in feb,2014. I went out of status and couldn't get work permit. I was still out of status when i got refusal for my inland spousal application on july, 2016. As I mentioned earlier, now they have sent me the notice of hearing on August 8.

Me and my wife is really upset with the un-fair decision made by an officer. How can an officer judge 4 years of relationship within 1 hour interview?
I'm here to seek some professional advice and help, how to make this work.
Please let me know if anyone can give me a way out so we can deal with it with full confidence.

I have posted it on New topics as well and after i found this topic, I hope to hear back really soon cause i do not have much time

Thanks

Faquir
A very difficult situation indeed. You may consult an experienced immigration lawyer to check the possibility of what options you have now. Is it not possible to bring more solid evidence in the coming meeting to revive refusal? Most probably no scope there....

1. Unfortunately they will issue removal order very soon, close unfinished work here and you have to leave within 30 days from the date of the letter. No way you can overstay to avoid deportation eventually and jeopardise future application.
2. You have to come back home and apply outland with enough proofs for the relationship. The application this time should be well organised and comprehensive. No short cut or amateur!
3. If your wife is a citizen, she might even consider moving back with you for a couple of months to give this application an extra strength. You might also consider having children together....remember if you really want to join your wife in Canada, be practical, stay focused, have huge magnitude of patience and move forward accordingly.....

Good luck!

Hasan

Cheshire

Jun 15, 2016
scylla said:
Typically one year from the time the medical was complete - or the expiry date on her passport - whichever is sooner. If she fails to land by the expiry date on her PR visa, she would need to start the process again from scratch.
Thank you for quick reply!

Alex8881

Apr 4, 2014
Hello!

We need some help regarding Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481).
My husband is a Canadian PR.
His financial support comes through student loan as he is enrolled in a full-time university program. He is currently unemployed and actively seeking for a part-time work.
Is he eligible to sponsor? Does this full-time student status affect the Sponsorship App(Outland)?

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!
Best of luck to you all!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alex8881 said:
Hello!

We need some help regarding Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481).
My husband is a Canadian PR.
His financial support comes through student loan as he is enrolled in a full-time university program. He is currently unemployed and actively seeking for a part-time work.
Is he eligible to sponsor? Does this full-time student status affect the Sponsorship App(Outland)?

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!
Best of luck to you all!
yes, he is still eligible to sponsor. i'd recommend going through the sponsor application, as it helps you determine eligiblity. the things that cause a sponsor to be ineligible are: bankruptcy, current welfare, and criminal charges for domestic related incidents.

there is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship, nor is it required for a sponsor to be employed. there are many unemployed/student sponsors.

yeshmithra

Jul 25, 2016
Hi everyone,

We have submitted our inland application together OWP on 05/05/2016 & we have received our AOR. Does any one knows how long it takes to process OWP ?

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yeshmithra said:
Hi everyone,

We have submitted our inland application together OWP on 05/05/2016 & we have received our AOR. Does any one knows how long it takes to process OWP ?

Thank you.
Should be around the beginning of September.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
eaforster said:
Hi guys,

I just got married in Ontario (Canada) and I know it takes around 6-8 weeks before you can get your marriage certificate. Can I go ahead and order the certificate online ASAP or should I wait the 6-8 weeks before ordering?
You can order the marriage certificate online. The website states that one may apply after 4-6 weeks of registration of the marriage, however, an online application may be made right away. The certificate is normally issued within 4 weeks.

I got mine in 4 weeks.

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Thank you to everyone who has responded to my questions. Most recent update is now decision made.
We're so excited. How will my husband be notified?? Is there a letter sent out?? Or an e-mail??
We appreciate your advise. Thank you once again.

ohhhhcanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
Siempreamor said:
Thank you to everyone who has responded to my questions. Most recent update is now decision made.
We're so excited. How will my husband be notified?? Is there a letter sent out?? Or an e-mail??
We appreciate your advise. Thank you once again.
Congratulations :)
What is your timeline?