Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
samccie2016 said:
Hi, I have a question.
I am on open Work Permit in Canada and I have applied for my PR in Sep 2014, I am hoping to get my PR soon.
My fiance lives in states, he is on OPT.
We are planning to get married next month.
Is it possible while he is on OPT and working in states and I can apply for dependent Work Permit for him?
Or he has to come as visitor in Canada only then I can apply for his Work Permit?

Any advise would be highly appreciated.
Post your question to the Foreign Workers section of the forum or to the section of the forum that relates to how you have applied for PR. This section of the forum is for Canadians who are sponsoring family members for PR.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
RV23 said:
Hi,

Did you send the medical also with your inland spousal application?
No I did not. The reason is that someone wrote that they might request it again. Should I send it now or should I want until I request it?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
browning911 said:
No I did not. The reason is that someone wrote that they might request it again. Should I send it now or should I want until I request it?
I'm not really sure when the best time to do medical for inland is, but I did notice people are getting their inland apps processed a lot faster than "normal" so you should try asking on the inland thread if those people did their medical upfront.

As for your original question, it takes about a month to get AOR usually, but often inland apps never get AOR.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Aquakitty said:
I'm not really sure when the best time to do medical for inland is, but I did notice people are getting their inland apps processed a lot faster than "normal" so you should try asking on the inland thread if those people did their medical upfront.

As for your original question, it takes about a month to get AOR usually, but often inland apps never get AOR.
Thanks Aquakitty!

turbineflyer

Apr 22, 2016
Aquakitty said:

Thanks guys for the info. I am new here, need some guidance.
Little bit about me. Came to Canada 6 years ago to become a pilot, so that I could go back to India (where I grew up) and work for the airlines.
Graduated and worked here for a few years, ended up falling in love with my best friend in college. We dated all through college (3years). We got married 2 years ago. She's a white (blonde) Canadian (from BC).
She is sponsoring me for PR (seemed a little more straightforward than CEC or FSW, both of which I was eligible for). Applied in Feb 2015. Last week (Mid April 2016) I got a email from CIC requesting me to do a medical. I got it done 2 days ago. It should reach them by next week, the doctor said (and something about EDE). I am clueless as to what happens next. I am currently on a work permit, and have a year and a half left on it. I fly at an airline up north and I'm not too worried about the work permit expiring because there's a lot of time left yet. But any ideas on what happens next and a rough time frame would be appreciated.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Guys I was Interviewed 45 days ago . Yesterday I got Reply E-mail From CIC that My Application is Under routine Background Checks . Now My Question.. Have I Passed My Interview that Is why My file went in Background Checks after Interview ?

P.S . I was told to Re-medical and pay Landing Fees before interview.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
tony000 said:
Guys I was Interviewed 45 days ago . Yesterday I got Reply E-mail From CIC that My Application is Under routine Background Checks . Now My Question.. Have I Passed My Interview that Is why My file went in Background Checks after Interview ?

P.S . I was told to Re-medical and pay Landing Fees before interview.
I think it depends on your VO and the order they do things in, but while there's no guarantee, that sounds pretty good. Common-sense dictates there would be no reason to update you about background checks if you didn't pass the interview.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
turbineflyer said:
Thanks guys for the info. I am new here, need some guidance.
Little bit about me. Came to Canada 6 years ago to become a pilot, so that I could go back to India (where I grew up) and work for the airlines.
Graduated and worked here for a few years, ended up falling in love with my best friend in college. We dated all through college (3years). We got married 2 years ago. She's a white (blonde) Canadian (from BC).
She is sponsoring me for PR (seemed a little more straightforward than CEC or FSW, both of which I was eligible for). Applied in Feb 2015. Last week (Mid April 2016) I got a email from CIC requesting me to do a medical. I got it done 2 days ago. It should reach them by next week, the doctor said (and something about EDE). I am clueless as to what happens next. I am currently on a work permit, and have a year and a half left on it. I fly at an airline up north and I'm not too worried about the work permit expiring because there's a lot of time left yet. But any ideas on what happens next and a rough time frame would be appreciated.
Did you apply inland or outland?

compuccesory

Mar 27, 2016
Ugh, Sometimes I wonder if I should go talk to a lawyer because everything is so confusing.

I am a Canadian citizen and my wife is Chinese. I have been gathering up the paperwork required since the beginning of the year, but my wife became pregnant(not entirely her fault I suppose) in Feb, and now her medical is going to be delayed until she gives birth. I was under the impression previously that once we married, it would be difficult for her to get a visa to visit me temporarily in Canada, but now after further reading this isn't the case?

So I guess the next steps are to 1) submit the application, with a note explaining the lack of medical and 2) look into applying for a TRV for the wife?

I understand from reading this thread that there is no chance of getting a PR without the medical, but 1) will it still speed things up if I submit early instead of waiting for the medical and 2) will having an application number at CIC make further correspondences and getting the TRV easier?

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Hi! I would like some assistance regarding Outland spousal sponsorship application. I'm Canadian and my husband is American. Our application is Outland and my husband's permanent residency is in progress. My husband had to re- do his medical exam as it expires after a year of being submitted.
We submitted our application in February of 2015.
We were wondering how much longer it will be. We are looking forward to focus our lives on our family. Would you please give us an idea of how much longer it will be. We check the status of our application on-line, but there are nj new updates.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
compuccesory said:
Ugh, Sometimes I wonder if I should go talk to a lawyer because everything is so confusing.

I am a Canadian citizen and my wife is Chinese. I have been gathering up the paperwork required since the beginning of the year, but my wife became pregnant(not entirely her fault I suppose) in Feb, and now her medical is going to be delayed until she gives birth. I was under the impression previously that once we married, it would be difficult for her to get a visa to visit me temporarily in Canada, but now after further reading this isn't the case?

So I guess the next steps are to 1) submit the application, with a note explaining the lack of medical and 2) look into applying for a TRV for the wife?

I understand from reading this thread that there is no chance of getting a PR without the medical, but 1) will it still speed things up if I submit early instead of waiting for the medical and 2) will having an application number at CIC make further correspondences and getting the TRV easier?
It's difficult in general to get a TRV, especially so if the applicant has ties to Canada (such as a husband). There's no harm in trying for the TRV, but she needs to show a lot of ties to her home country. Does she have any travel history?

I believe it's personal choice on wether to get the xray or not (since it's just a chest x-ray and doesn't beam the fetus) but she can also get the medical and delay the x-ray until the birth.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Siempreamor said:
Hi! I would like some assistance regarding Outland spousal sponsorship application. I'm Canadian and my husband is American. Our application is Outland and my husband's permanent residency is in progress. My husband had to re- do his medical exam as it expires after a year of being submitted.
We submitted our application in February of 2015.
We were wondering how much longer it will be. We are looking forward to focus our lives on our family. Would you please give us an idea of how much longer it will be. We check the status of our application on-line, but there are nj new updates.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Hmm, that's a very long time for a US applicant. Something must be holding it up. Have you had any document requests? What's your ECAS say? Any criminal or other red-flag issues?

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Thank you for your reply. Yes, my husband has a son from a previous relationship and we are unable to obtain his medical exam. We were only able to submit a copy of his birth certificate. Otherwise, there is nothing else.
We applied for a visitor's visa and obtained it already.
Please give us some advise. I have been trying to contact CIC, but I due to high volumes of calls I'm unable to get thru.
I understand that it's a long process. But, it seems like we're almost at the very end and no response besides that his permanent residency is in progress.

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Siempreamor said:
Thank you for your reply. Yes, my husband has a son from a previous relationship and we are unable to obtain his medical exam. We were only able to submit a copy of his birth certificate. Otherwise, there is nothing else.
We applied for a visitor's visa and obtained it already.
Please give us some advise. I have been trying to contact CIC, but I due to high volumes of calls I'm unable to get thru.
I understand that it's a long process. But, it seems like we're almost at the very end and no response besides that his permanent residency is in progress.
I should clarify that was a visitor's visa for my husband.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Siempreamor said:
I should clarify that was a visitor's visa for my husband.
So did they ask for further documentation regarding the son?

There are a few things you can do. The call center probably won't be any help, but usually you can get through when they open in the morning, or in the mid-afternoon around 2-3.

Order your GCMS notes so you can see what is holding it up: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Contact your MP and ask them to inquire about your case.

Send a (polite) case-specific enquiry asking about your application status.