Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Re: Spousal sponsorship need help!!!

hodiep89 said:
My application was filled on April 18 2011. I got my PR card on May 2013 and now I wanna separate with my wife. I know not clearly about new rule about separation will effect on Oct 2012. How can I review or get back my PR timeline! I wanna know what day they received my application! Please help me! Thanks !
You can see on your mail/e-mails received along the process.

Lomi90

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hello everyone,

I have a question: I am able to check my ECAS for my permanent residence application status since March 20th. Oddly, it shows my current home address (I am the principal applicant) as the address where my sponsor lives, and I lived with him for a year, in Canada. However, on the forms I submitted for my application I definitely stated that my current address is in the Netherlands. I will be returning to the Canadian address at the end of April / beginning of May with a working holiday VISA while I await my permanent residency. Should I notify Mississauga, where my PR application is being processed? Does anyone know how long it ususally takes to have an address updated?

Thank you!

sugeee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 13, 2015
AOR Received.
May 29,2015
File Transfer...
SA: July 6, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
April 16, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 13, 2015
Hello everyone! I have just started filling up the forms...
I know a lot of you have already done this and I really need your help. :)
For the spouse questionnaire #4 which stated to give the names of relatives/friends, relationship and dates the sponsor met them. Do i have to answer it in a table format? What's the best way to do this?
Thank you in advance for your answers.

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
Part 1: 23-01-2015 Part 2: 24-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
1 Husband ETA - August 1, 2015!
sugeee said:
Hello everyone! I have just started filling up the forms...
I know a lot of you have already done this and I really need your help. :)
For the spouse questionnaire #4 which stated to give the names of relatives/friends, relationship and dates the sponsor met them. Do i have to answer it in a table format? What's the best way to do this?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
I did a table format on an additional sheet of paper - I think that is best so it is clear and easy to read.

sugeee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 13, 2015
AOR Received.
May 29,2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
April 16, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 13, 2015
Thank you
Now my problem is to recall the dates. Lol
:eek: :eek: :eek:

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
Part 1: 23-01-2015 Part 2: 24-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
1 Husband ETA - August 1, 2015!
sugeee said:
Thank you
Now my problem is to recall the dates. Lol
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I was in the same boat - along with jobs, addresses etc. for my husband. I was advised to include a cover letter stating that dates are to the best of my knowledge, and estimation and may not be exact. I would suggest the same. Anywhere that you feel you need to explain further, or you answer isn't as black and white as the question is looking for, feel free to attach a cover letter to elaborate, and cover yourself that way.

sugeee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 13, 2015
AOR Received.
May 29,2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
April 16, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 13, 2015
You have a point.. Thank you tishness for all the help! Best of luck to all of us! ✌

MrScarface

Jan 18, 2015
Just a quick check to make sure i understood it right:

If I am on a visitor Visa in Canada and apply for the pr and the OWP with the spousal sponsorship while the visitor visa is still valid, am i automatically on implied status until the pr is granted or do i have to always extent my visitor visa?

I got confused because i read somewhere that you can only get implied status if you are on some kind of working visa.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
MrScarface said:

If I am on a visitor Visa in Canada and apply for the pr and the OWP with the spousal sponsorship while the visitor visa is still valid, am i automatically on implied status until the pr is granted or do i have to always extent my visitor visa?

I got confused because i read somewhere that you can only get implied status if you are on some kind of working visa.
Yes, this would be implied status. Just to be sure, the OWP is going along with an Inland application, correct? OWP doesn't accompany an OUTLAND application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrScarface said:

You are correct, but only if you are applying via an Inland application. The OWP, when included with the Inland application gives you implied visitor status pending your PR application decision.

But...are you sure you want to succumb to the Inland vortex?!?!

MrScarface

Jan 18, 2015
Ponga said:
You are correct, but only if you are applying via an Inland application. The OWP, when included with the Inland application gives you implied visitor status pending your PR application decision.

But...are you sure you want to succumb to the Inland vortex?!?!

Lol why? Is it that bad? :eek:

I know it is probably going to take longer than the outland application but at least i can be with my so and with this pilot program that is running right now, i should get a work permit after 4 months or so, so doesnt sound too bad.
Or am i missing something?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrScarface said:
Lol why? Is it that bad? :eek:

I know it is probably going to take longer than the outland application but at least i can be with my so and with this pilot program that is running right now, i should get a work permit after 4 months or so, so doesnt sound too bad.
Or am i missing something?
Don't forget the fact that you are advised NOT to leave Canada during the process (which is currently estimated to be 27 months), because if you do leave and are refused re-entry...your Inland application (and OWP) will be jeopardized.

So...if you're fine with being in Canada the entire time...it's probably not going to be that bad for you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Lomi90 said:
I will be returning to the Canadian address at the end of April / beginning of May with a working holiday VISA while I await my permanent residency. Should I notify Mississauga, where my PR application is being processed? Does anyone know how long it ususally takes to have an address updated?
As you are returning to that address, don't bother trying to change it with CIC.

MrScarface

Jan 18, 2015
Ponga said:
Don't forget the fact that you are advised NOT to leave Canada during the process (which is currently estimated to be 27 months), because if you do leave and are refused re-entry...your Inland application (and OWP) will be jeopardized.

So...if you're fine with being in Canada the entire time...it's probably not going to be that bad for you.
Well technically i would be but of course, you never know if something happens back home or anything.
But then the other question:
Would you advise me to do the outland application?
I know its technically possible for me to be in Canada during that time but i'm not sure which restrictions i would have. Can you help me out with that?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrScarface said:
Well technically i would be but of course, you never know if something happens back home or anything.
But then the other question:
Would you advise me to do the outland application?
I know its technically possible for me to be in Canada during that time but i'm not sure which restrictions i would have. Can you help me out with that?
Outland may be faster for you (depending on your visa office abroad), but with an Outland application you are not eligible for an OWP. You can certainly remain in Canada during the process, as long as you apply (online) to extend your visitor status prior to it expiring.

Unlike an Inland application, if you leave and then return to Canada, and are denied re-entry, your application continues without any delays. The only exception to that would be if you are denied re-entry because of a criminal matter, which would make you inadmissible to Canada...which would also disqualify you for PR. Just because a person is refused entry, or re-entry into Canada, doesn't always mean that they are inadmissible.