+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

archerx

Sep 13, 2011
Hi

I have an inquiry about the sponsorship of spouse.

I live in Canada for three years as permanent resident. I am single and never married. I am planning to get married and she lives in Europe. As far as I know that I am eligible to be a sponsor to her, However I am currently unemployed and receive financial assistance.

I know that I can not sponsor under this circumstances. However I really appreciate if you can reply my following questions.

1- if I stop receiving financial assistance, can I be eligible to be sponsor to her?
2- My parents are gonna sell a house in my country and they are willing to help financially, so I can demonstrate some certain amount in my bank account. It is acceptable to demonstrate some money in my bank account form my own country?
3- My future spouse will also have some money in her bank account so is it also helpful to demonstrate that we are financially stable?
4- Is there any certain time schedule to support my spouse until she is eligible to have PR.

Thank you

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Hello All,

I have PR under CEC category. Currently i am in India, yet to complete the landing formalities. I am searching for a job in Canada and hopefully will land very soon. I would like to marry after i settle in Canada.

I see that i would need to sponsor under family class. Here are my questions :

1. What is the average time for PR for spouse (Last checked it shows 13 months for New Delhi Visa ofice).
2. Is there no way that she can be with me(Atleast for few months) during the processing time of her PR ?

Thanks in Advance.

simran91

May 20, 2014
hello
I applied for my wife on june 19 2014 and my file transferred to NDVO on 13 aug and recieved acknowledgement on 27 aug 2014. Approxmiately How much more time I have to wait for visa?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
archerx said:
Hi

I have an inquiry about the sponsorship of spouse.

I live in Canada for three years as permanent resident. I am single and never married. I am planning to get married and she lives in Europe. As far as I know that I am eligible to be a sponsor to her, However I am currently unemployed and receive financial assistance.

I know that I can not sponsor under this circumstances. However I really appreciate if you can reply my following questions.

1- if I stop receiving financial assistance, can I be eligible to be sponsor to her?
2- My parents are gonna sell a house in my country and they are willing to help financially, so I can demonstrate some certain amount in my bank account. It is acceptable to demonstrate some money in my bank account form my own country?
3- My future spouse will also have some money in her bank account so is it also helpful to demonstrate that we are financially stable?
4- Is there any certain time schedule to support my spouse until she is eligible to have PR.

Thank you
1. Are you on EI? Or welfare. If you are on EI that is not considered social assistance, since you pay into it and have to have worked a certain number of hours to be eligible. So how you answer here will mean a difference in answers.
2. Being able to show you have money in your bank account will be a good thing. I would think it would be better to transfer it into your Canadian account, but maybe it is ok to have it in your home country, especially if it is a Euros account, since the Euro is more stable. If it isn't a Euro account maybe you should consider transferring it.
3. If your spouse has money saved that should be good as well, since you need to demonstrate that you will be able to support her and yourself without receiving social assistance.
4. If you are on social assistance (welfare) then I believe you have to be able to show one year of living off of welfare. If you are on EI then you don't need to do this, but EI is a maximum of $514 every 2 weeks before taxes, which won't be enough to support 2 people comfortably.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
anilkumar925 said:
Hello All,

I have PR under CEC category. Currently i am in India, yet to complete the landing formalities. I am searching for a job in Canada and hopefully will land very soon. I would like to marry after i settle in Canada.

I see that i would need to sponsor under family class. Here are my questions :

1. What is the average time for PR for spouse (Last checked it shows 13 months for New Delhi Visa ofice).
2. Is there no way that she can be with me(Atleast for few months) during the processing time of her PR ?

Thanks in Advance.
If she can get a visitor visa she can come and visit you, but she won't be able to work and won't have health care.

To find out average wait time for India, ask in the specific New Delhi thread

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
simran91 said:
hello
I applied for my wife on june 19 2014 and my file transferred to NDVO on 13 aug and recieved acknowledgement on 27 aug 2014. Approxmiately How much more time I have to wait for visa?
Ask this question in the New Delhi thread.

Rjsingh

Aug 30, 2014
Asefi said:
Yup... its the same so if you know it already you can write it down if not then its okay.
Iam an canadian immigrant and i got married in september 2013 and i sponsered my wife, my havent got visa yet and last month my wife gave a birth to baby. In my wife document we mentioned all ultrasound and doctor reports for her pragnency. How long it will take to my wife and my baby to come to canada.what should i do now. Pls reply

Rjsingh

Aug 30, 2014
Rjsingh said:
Iam an canadian immigrant and i got married in september 2013 and i sponsered my wife, my havent got visa yet and last month my wife gave a birth to baby. In my wife document we mentioned all ultrasound and doctor reports for her pragnency. How long it will take to my wife and my baby to come to canada.my wife lives in india..what should i do now. Pls reply

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Rjsingh said:
Iam an canadian immigrant and i got married in september 2013 and i sponsered my wife, my havent got visa yet and last month my wife gave a birth to baby. In my wife document we mentioned all ultrasound and doctor reports for her pragnency. How long it will take to my wife and my baby to come to canada.what should i do now. Pls reply
No idea how long it will take since each visa trice is different and we have no clue when you submitted your application in the first place. You will have to add your baby to the forms and resubmit them. If your wife didn't complete a medical exam before since she was pregnant, she will have to go ahead and do a medical exam as well.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
I didn't realize that after validating the form, the page with barcodes should be put on top of the form. Are they gonna return the application package?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
LAKEWOOD said:
I didn't realize that after validating the form, the page with barcodes should be put on top of the form. Are they gonna return the application package?
No, if that's your only error, you're fine.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
I know that the barcodes are supposed to go on top of the application.

1. However, has anyone encountered having barcodes also on the signature page?

2. Does this mean mean that both barcode pages should go on top? Even though one of them is the last signature page?

I ask because my husband (the sponsor) only had one barcode page.

3. Where did you place the document check list?

krissychan

Aug 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
File Transfer...
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 03-11-2014/issued 30-10-2014/received 11-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-11-2014
Hello! My husband and our three kids are all Canadian citizen and will be moving to Canada soon. We submitted our sponsorship and permanent resident visa application last May 2014. Hubby and 2 kids bought tickets for September 23 because its the start of school there. I read that some PR applications took 9-14 months in Manila VO. I am wondering if I applied for a visitor visa, if it will not complicate or has any effect on my permanent resident visa application? Thanks for your help!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
krissychan said:
Hello! My husband and our three kids are all Canadian citizen and will be moving to Canada soon. We submitted our sponsorship and permanent resident visa application last May 2014. Hubby and 2 kids bought tickets for September 23 because its the start of school there. I read that some PR applications took 9-14 months in Manila VO. I am wondering if I applied for a visitor visa, if it will not complicate or has any effect on my permanent resident visa application? Thanks for your help!
You can apply for a visitor visa. It won't affect your Pr application. Whether the visitor visa is granted or not is another story. You will have to show strong ties to the Philippines, which could be tough seeing as your husband and children will be living n Canada.