+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship refused

hazel de Leon

May 10, 2017
i am seeking an advice from anyone regarding my case. I am married to a permanent resident in Canada. My husband was my sponsor when we processed my application in October 2015 Family sponsorship class (spousal application). Unfortunately my application got refused in February 2016. I am here in the Philippines right now and planning to come back in Canada for other immigration streams. Am i eligible to apply to immigrate in Canada in any other stream on my own since my spousal application is already refused? Need some ideas to enlighten me please.

Thank you.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
i am seeking an advice from anyone regarding my case. I am married to a permanent resident in Canada. My husband was my sponsor when we processed my application in October 2015 Family sponsorship class (spousal application). Unfortunately my application got refused in February 2016. I am here in the Philippines right now and planning to come back in Canada for other immigration streams. Am i eligible to apply to immigrate in Canada in any other stream on my own since my spousal application is already refused? Need some ideas to enlighten me please.

Thank you.
Did you appeal the refusal?

hazel de Leon

May 10, 2017
Did you appeal the refusal?
No we did not make an appeal because we finally found out that it was refused and no appeals has to be made after almost a year... Our consultant who processed my application was the one kept us believing that there was application that was still on process well in fact my papers got refused already.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
No we did not make an appeal because we finally found out that it was refused and no appeals has to be made after almost a year... Our consultant who processed my application was the one kept us believing that there was application that was still on process well in fact my papers got refused already.
That's odd. I'd speak to a lawyer about your available options. Perhaps there's still some way you can apply under the family class.

hazel de Leon

May 10, 2017
I don't know if I still have chances under family class coz my application is already refused that's why I'm trying to apply to be able for me to come back through any other program or other stream. Applying tru TFW from Philippines is harder I believe coz getting LMIA nowsdys is tough. Me&my son really want to reunite with my husband in Canada

Desireeb26

Aug 1, 2017
I don't know if I still have chances under family class coz my application is already refused that's why I'm trying to apply to be able for me to come back through any other program or other stream. Applying tru TFW from Philippines is harder I believe coz getting LMIA nowsdys is tough. Me&my son really want to reunite with my husband in Canada
What's the reason for the refusal?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You need to find out reason for the refusal.

IT sounds like your consultant may have been to blame if he didn't even bother updating you on a refusal from that long ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the visa office requested info from you via your consultant, he never bothered to tell you, so visa office just refused the app.

I would try to get some more answers. If refusal was indeed for not submitting certain documents, then you should just submit a new app from scratch. Most importantly, don't use that consultant again.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Have your husband apply for your GCMS notes to see why the sponsorship was refused. In any case, you can reapply for a spousal sponsorship. You should look at the notes and the refusal letter (if you have it or can get it from your representative) and make sure you can overcome the reasons for the refusal in your new application.

JoshiS

Sep 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
09-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
File Transfer...
26-08-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
Hello I have sponsared my husband . He is in India . After interview today I got refusal email. Is there any one can help regarding this. How to make appeal and how much more time it takes Plz help

JoshiS

Sep 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
09-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
File Transfer...
26-08-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017

Thank you.
Hello did you made appeal for ur case . what s now .. did you got visa plz help

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hello I have sponsared my husband . He is in India . After interview today I got refusal email. Is there any one can help regarding this. How to make appeal and how much more time it takes Plz help
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz.87619/

You can go tp the thread linked above for more information regarding appeal process.
And it will depend on where you live in Canada to determine how long it will be to get a full hearing, if you won't get the ADR (which will selected by IDA member for those cases with minor issues and those issues can be solved within an hour. Most appeal cases will get a full hearing). In general, if you reside around Vancouver, BC, you are looking at year and half, and if you reside around Toronto, you are looking at 2 years.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
She already said she didn't because she found out the refusal a year after.
read before you post.
English is not always easy. Patience

Reactions: faithey

greengirl15

Dec 6, 2017
What was the reason of your refusal?