+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Titan55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
Did they change it recently? Most probably case to case. Ours was a nikkah only case back in 2014 and got PR in 2015 without any issue or interview.
Yeah I believe they made "in person" nikkah and rukhsati mandatory around late 2015 or early 2016 ish.

chattha-ukc

Aug 9, 2021
Applicant Jan 2021,
Aor and SA received - April 1
Biometrics done - April 6
Additional docs submitted PCC- 2April
Also received SA time file transfered to LVO but no confirmation from LVO office.

(After that no email or update in GC key/ Ecas still shows we sent you additional docs correspondence) that PCC of Dubai I submitted already.

Please I'm stressed need your guidelines

A.khan200607

Aug 4, 2021
Rukhsati is a mandatory requirement for Pakistani PA's under the spousal category.
For the Rukhsaati, what do we have to show, just pics of us leaving the venue together or do we need pics of the decorated room and us in it? FYI, we just want to show the rukhsaati for papers but do it officially when she comes to Canada, is this possible??

Titan55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
Applicant Jan 2021,
Aor and SA received - April 1
Biometrics done - April 6
Additional docs submitted PCC- 2April
Also received SA time file transfered to LVO but no confirmation from LVO office.

(After that no email or update in GC key/ Ecas still shows we sent you additional docs correspondence) that PCC of Dubai I submitted already.

Please I'm stressed need your guidelines
If you haven't received AOR2 yet, maybe email your MP. If you have received AOR2, then I think just sit tight and wait. It's a waiting game now.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Rukhsati is a mandatory requirement for Pakistani PA's under the spousal category.
Not sure if that is true. Its all case-by-case. We got our PR without a Rukhsati and we aren't the only ones ( although we sent some pictures of our rukhsati later closer to end of our process ). Lots of people I personally know did as well. If you can explain reasoning behind it ( COVID-19, family concerns ), they understand. Its all about your story.

Reactions: A.khan200607

Titan55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
Not sure if that is true. Its all case-by-case. We got our PR without a Rukhsati and we aren't the only ones ( although we sent some pictures of our rukhsati later closer to end of our process ). Lots of people I personally know did as well. If you can explain reasoning behind it ( COVID-19, family concerns ), they understand. Its all about your story.
Yeah for sure, I think any time you exclude something required in the application package, you need to explain clearly why. Rukhsati is a tricky one because everyone knows Pakistani's are still doing full on weddings but if you got married at a time where you can prove wedding halls were closed, explain COVID risks etc., I'm sure they will understand.

I think the best thing for a new applicant is to make sure they consult the checklist here and make an informed decision themselves: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

• For applicants under the spousal category: If you were married according to the rites, customs, and/or traditions of this country, please submit printed photos of the principal applicant and the sponsor with relatives and friends. Photos submitted should include photos of the wedding ceremony (signing of the contract or Nikkah) and customary celebrations held afterwards (the wedding reception or the Rukhsati). Photos should also include pictures taken of the principal applicant and the sponsor together on other occasions, either before and/or after the wedding.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hi
My cousin just got Procedural Fairness Letter , which explained

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class.
I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or
(b) is not genuine.

Please submit wedding photos of you and your sponsor together with a wider selection of guests (Nikah Nama, Valima, Ruksanti) and photos of you and your sponsor at various points in your relationship, outside of the marital events.

Please submit evidence of communication (text messages, phone calls) between you and your sponsor since 2018. Please ensure the evidence clearly shows the communication is between you and your sponsor. Please translate any messages that are not in English or French into English or French, as I am unable to read messages in any other language.
French, as I am unable to read messages in any other language.

I also note that you and your sponsor waited over two years after your marriage to submit your application for permanent residence. You have not submitted an explanation for this apparent delay. Also, please provide information and any evidence of your sponsor’s visits since 2019. Added to my concerns about the lack of evidence of continuous communication between you and your sponsor, this apparent lack of visits raises concerns regarding you and your sponsor’s commitment to each other in a bona fide relationship. If your sponsor has visited you since his trip to Pakistan in 2019, please submit evidence, such as a copy of her passport showing entry/exit stamps and photos of you together on that .

Please also use this opportunity to submit the following updated documents, which are required for a review of your admissibility to Canada:
- translation of Nikah Nama.

Pls advice
Otherwise he will die

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah for sure, I think any time you exclude something required in the application package, you need to explain clearly why. Rukhsati is a tricky one because everyone knows Pakistani's are still doing full on weddings but if you got married at a time where you can prove wedding halls were closed, explain COVID risks etc., I'm sure they will understand.

I think the best thing for a new applicant is to make sure they consult the checklist here and make an informed decision themselves: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

• For applicants under the spousal category: If you were married according to the rites, customs, and/or traditions of this country, please submit printed photos of the principal applicant and the sponsor with relatives and friends. Photos submitted should include photos of the wedding ceremony (signing of the contract or Nikkah) and customary celebrations held afterwards (the wedding reception or the Rukhsati). Photos should also include pictures taken of the principal applicant and the sponsor together on other occasions, either before and/or after the wedding.
Agreed. Rule of thumb is to follow checklist - however, if unable to, provide an explanation. Agents aren't robots, they will understand if its genuine enough. Problem is people skipping the LOE completely, or trying to fool the agents. That is where it causes issues.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hi

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class.
I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or
(b) is not genuine.

Please submit wedding photos of you and your sponsor together with a wider selection of guests (Nikah Nama, Valima, Ruksanti) and photos of you and your sponsor at various points in your relationship, outside of the marital events.

Please submit evidence of communication (text messages, phone calls) between you and your sponsor since 2018. Please ensure the evidence clearly shows the communication is between you and your sponsor. Please translate any messages that are not in English or French into English or French, as I am unable to read messages in any other language.

I also note that you and your sponsor waited over two years after your marriage to submit your application for permanent residence. You have not submitted an explanation for this apparent delay. Also, please provide information and any evidence of your sponsor’s visits since 2019. Added to my concerns about the lack of evidence of continuous communication between you and your sponsor, this apparent lack of visits raises concerns regarding you and your sponsor’s commitment to each other in a bona fide relationship. If your sponsor has visited you since his trip to Pakistan in 2019, please submit evidence, such as a copy of her passport showing entry/exit stamps and photos of you together on that .

Please also use this opportunity to submit the following updated documents, which are required for a review of your admissibility to Canada:

Pls advice
Otherwise he will die

Programmable

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
If you got vaccinated by sino vac which is not an eligible vaccine for being vaccinated in Canada are you allowed to enter Canada.
Yes you are allowed to enter Canada if you are coming from Pakistan and you have received one of the unapproved Covid-19 Vaccines (Sinovac, Sinopharm, Sputknik), or for that matter, have not received any vaccine at all. When you leave the airport, you have to immediately quarantine at home and they will probably conduct a random check to make sure you're complying.

nzabihpour

Star Member
Jul 25, 2021
Hi

(b) is not genuine.

Pls advice
Otherwise he will die
the letter is pretty straight forward on what you need to submit to prove that your relationship is genuine. You need to be very thorough when submitting evidence of a relationship or providing an explanation in the gaps which cannot be proven in a documented fashion.