+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Duaa Ali

Jul 29, 2020
hello family....i have a question
i got pre arrival letteron 4th nov...so i just want to know that who will see my case now? God forbid LVO or Canada?
Lodon visa office has become nightmare to us seriously...
i got pre arrival mail from ircc...so has my case been moved to canada for further steps?
i have one more question...i live in Lahore..i will submit my passport in lhr and it will be sent to Islamabad for visa stamp right?
i don't know about this i will appriciate your help
please someone give me good news that now LVO has nothing to do with my case

Duaa Ali

Jul 29, 2020
Sister, My ECAS status was changed on July 20, 2020 (i.e. AoR2) and acknowledgement email from LVO was received on August 11, 2020. I know they are working on my particulars as my wife has already got the sponsorship approval.

People are getting the reply from LVO regarding review are in process with the Immigrant Officer. but here I got the reply regarding Background check and Review as well.

As i know they check the eligibility first by reviewing the documents, then sends the Pre-arrival and after that they starts necessary Background check.
oh i am sorry bro...i replied you by mistake
you will get good news soon inshaAllah...don't worry

imran.51

Oct 30, 2020
oh i am sorry bro...i replied you by mistake
you will get good news soon inshaAllah...don't worry
Hi dua sis congrats to you! I wanted to ask a question if you can help. I got adr on oct 2, submitted on oct 22. It started to get reviewed on oct 30 and turned in to not applicable the same day. Do you have any idea what this means?? Thank you so much (I’m a June 2019 applicant)

imalik9898

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
July 2019 applicant
Prearrival oct 29 2020
No updates - no decision made or medical extended on gc key .. waiting for ppr (for husband in lahore)

T@777

Mar 5, 2019
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
17-01-2019
File Transfer...
29-11-2019
I got the reply regarding background check and review.

Dear Sir/Madam –

Thank you for your email. Due to global restrictions resulting from COVID-19 and subsequent service disruptions, our processing capacities have been greatly impacted. The necessary background checks are not yet complete on this application however we will endeavor to complete the review as soon as possible once resumption of normal operations occurs.
I got the same exact reply 2 weeks ago...i think its just generic not exactly about or files...???

imalik9898

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
It says VAC CLOSED on the VFS global website:
The Canada Visa Application Centre in London, UK will remain closed from Thursday, 5th November 2020 until further notice due to the Covid-19 outbreak.

Duaa Ali

Jul 29, 2020
Hi dua sis congrats to you! I wanted to ask a question if you can help. I got adr on oct 2, submitted on oct 22. It started to get reviewed on oct 30 and turned in to not applicable the same day. Do you have any idea what this means?? Thank you so much (I’m a June 2019 applicant)
thank you bhai...what happend in my case is i got adr on 28th sep and my husband submit these docs on web portal on 23rd oct.. then on 28th oct he sent my docs through email and i was like you should do it on 23rd oct so i could get response in 10,12 days because i thought they wouldn't check it on web portal but as always my husband was right they have checked my documents there so i received pre arrival on 4th nov...Alhamdolillah...bro to be very honest i have only access to ecas and after Aor2 that i received 12 months ago nothing's changed there...so keep your fingers crossed...you will get pre arrival within a week inshaAllah

T@777

Mar 5, 2019
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
17-01-2019
File Transfer...
29-11-2019
Guys i just received this email reply from PM office...Is this a good sign??Please tell me??looks like now they will start working on my file?

The Office of the Prime Minister has kindly forwarded to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, a copy of your correspondence of September 13, 2020, regarding your sponsorship undertaking on behalf of your spouse’s application for permanent residence. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is also in receipt of your correspondence of October 8, 2020, addressed to Minister Mendicino, on the same topic. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

IRCC understands that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

Family reunification is a priority for IRCC. Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, spousal sponsorship is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship, and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character; individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet program eligibility requirements, as well as statutory medical, criminality, and security background clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on applicants to prove that they have met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements. In addition, in the case of spouses and partners, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

On September 24, 2020, Minister Mendicino announced that IRCC has taken action to speed up spousal sponsorship application processing. The Department has increased the number of decision-makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66% in order to process applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times. IRCC is also piloting new technology to digitize paper applications so that they can be processed more efficiently by IRCC employees working remotely. Further, IRCC is implementing facilitative biometrics measures and piloting technology that allows immigration officials to conduct applicant interviews remotely, in adherence with public health protocols.

Departmental records indicate that this application was received in January 2019, and is actively being processed at the Canadian High Commission in London. Records further indicate that a request for expedited processing has been received. Please rest assured that applicants will be contacted by immigration officers should additional information or documentation be required, or as soon as a final decision has been made. Applicants can view the status of their application on the Department’s Website.

Although the impacts of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have had an effect on the Department’s operations and ability to respond to and process applications, IRCC will continue to find new ways to keep families together and help them build their lives together in Canada. IRCC applicants are encouraged to visit the How the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services web page for up-to-date information related to their application.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

Malik7860

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
thank you bhai...what happend in my case is i got adr on 28th sep and my husband submit these docs on web portal on 23rd oct.. then on 28th oct he sent my docs through email and i was like you should do it on 23rd oct so i could get response in 10,12 days because i thought they wouldn't check it on web portal but as always my husband was right they have checked my documents there so i received pre arrival on 4th nov...Alhamdolillah...bro to be very honest i have only access to ecas and after Aor2 that i received 12 months ago nothing's changed there...so keep your fingers crossed...you will get pre arrival within a week inshaAllah
They check online portal first then email. Good thing u submitted supporting documents through email... such as more Proof of communication. Congratulations and please pray for the rest of us

Reactions: riz7862

riz7862

Feb 21, 2020
Sister, My ECAS status was changed on July 20, 2020 (i.e. AoR2) and acknowledgement email from LVO was received on August 11, 2020. I know they are working on my particulars as my wife has already got the sponsorship approval.

People are getting the reply from LVO regarding review are in process with the Immigrant Officer. but here I got the reply regarding Background check and Review as well.

As i know they check the eligibility first by reviewing the documents, then sends the Pre-arrival and after that they starts necessary Background check.
Rana sahib ...are you in Pakistan? And your wife is sponsoring you ? Your AOR2 is almost same I have

riz7862

Feb 21, 2020
hello family....i have a question
i got pre arrival letteron 4th nov...so i just want to know that who will see my case now? God forbid LVO or Canada?
Lodon visa office has become nightmare to us seriously...
i got pre arrival mail from ircc...so has my case been moved to canada for further steps?
i have one more question...i live in Lahore..i will submit my passport in lhr and it will be sent to Islamabad for visa stamp right?
i don't know about this i will appriciate your help
please someone give me good news that now LVO has nothing to do with my case
Visa etc ppr will be issued from Visa officer at Lvo and yes Lahore will be your place to hand over passport but if due to any reason Lahore place is not working then they will say you to submit passport at Islamabad ...as far as my thinking

Reactions: Duaa Ali