VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
April 2018 Application.
Re-medical requested on 21 May 2019
Medical done on 23 May 2019
Request letter received Today for passport 4 June 2019

They also asked to fill Appendix A UPdate Information Chart.

I sponsored my wife. No kids. Only she is coming.

Do we only need to fill "Principle applicant" row on the form or do we need to fill Spouse/partner row also?
Your wife is the principal applicant. Just fill that line.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
January 2016
I head that this year no files of Pakistanis has not been moved to any local Visa office...Do they sent any email of files transfer as we have received no notifications about file transfer yet
Sponsor will get an email with sponsorship approval attached. Sponsor has to be approved before they send the file to local visa office (London in pakistan's case). Sponsorship approval will also contain your UCI number which can be used to check your application status online through ecas.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
January 2016
Thanks brother. My husband is planning to visit in coming December as he wants to use all his holidays and Christmas holidays to spend more time with me. My father has to send again invitation letter for him to apply for Pakistan visa. What makes me scared that they always question about genuineness of relationship. With legal marriage documents and pics of wedding, chats they should not treat us like that..
Is he Pakistani canadian? He can get NICOP then he wont need visa.
Well ppl have misused the system in the past by doing convenience marriages etc. so they have to be thorough. If your case is genuine and you have submitted a lot of proof then don't worry. All will be good InshAllah. Mine was Nikkah only case which is considered the weakest and I had no issue in getting the PR.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
CONGRATULATIONS ! if you can provide some info i have medical request how to get appointment in Lahore for re-medical .do i have to call or email them .currently they are close until 10th June due to Eid holidays.
Go to MHDPakistan's official website and go through it. Easiest way is to send them simple EMAIL (no attachment necessary). You'll get Reply from them with instructions and location of IOM nearest to you. You can either call or email them. It's totally up to you.

Yes. They are closed from 5th June 2019 till 9th June 2019.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
I head that this year no files of Pakistanis has not been moved to any local Visa office...Do they sent any email of files transfer as we have received no notifications about file transfer yet
Incorrect. So many Pakistanis since January 2019 have received file transfer to LVO (very few to Colombo Visa Office, Vienna Visa Office, etc.)

SPR will receive file transferred to Visa Office abroad. Look for SAMPLE letters here, particularly one with "File Transferred" one.

Reactions: TRUE LOVE

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
January 2016
Hi, Can someone please share as to what documents one should carry when landing in Canada?

Is there any sort of interview regarding ur relationship and spouse?

Thank in Advance
You should be bringing all documents. Degrees, transcripts, employment letters, passports, etc. and of course COPR. There isn't much of an interview. They might ask few questions about where you will live etc as they will need it to add to your file so that they can mail you the PR card.

Also do declare fancy stuff like jewelry etc. And if you are planning to bring something later on (on your next trip to paksitan) or you have booked something like furniture, rugs etc that will reach canada at later stage, you will need to add it to a form and get it signed from the airport authorities. Immigrants are allowed to bring as much stuff as they want tax/import duties free when they are entering canada for the first time only. So write everything that you might think you will bring later on, even if you dont bring it. That form is called B4.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.pdf

following is a very good post about filling the form.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/form-b4-goods-to-follow-accompanying-list-how-to.44793/

Last edited:
Reactions: Braveos

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Dear Friends

Below are some queries in which I am in need of your opinions, Other than question # 01 i believe rest can be cleared in brief answers.

Would be really thankful for your usual support:.

1. IMM0008 (page 2 or 5), I have input the details of my 01 year old daughter. There is a heading of "National Identity Document" in which they have asked if individual has any National Identity document.
My daughter has a "B" Form (Certificate of children less than 18 years of age) having her identity # (which will be her CNIC # once she turns 18) mentioned on it. Other than expiry date, it has every other requirement asked in the form.
My question is, should I consider B form as National Identity document?

2. In document check list IMM5533 (Page 4 of 10), Point # 02,"Authority to release personal information to a designated individual (IMM5475)".
In what scenario this form is required to be filled? or can it be ignored. I didn't find this form in application package given on cic website.

3. IMM5546 (Military details) this form is not applicable on me. Should I fill it be writing N/A or can ignore the form completely by not making part of my application?

4. Birth certificate Translation should be sent original.

5. Police certificates are to be sent Original?? its not specified in checklist so i assume that photocopy is to be sent.

6. PO Box is helpful?? do they send any requirements through hard copy?? in my immigration case whole correspondence was through email.

7. Application forms should be sent through mail or Courier service. which one is better or both are same?

Regards

Last edited:

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Hi, Can someone please share as to what documents one should carry when landing in Canada?

Is there any sort of interview regarding ur relationship and spouse?

Thank in Advance
Specifically in terms of Spousal Sponsorship,

• Passport with stamped IM-1 Immigrant Visa
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence - COPR (all copies)
  • Certificat de sélection du Québec - CSQ (only if Quebec resident)
  • Declaration Card (you will get it inside plane. Sample bit.ly/2yX4qO4 . Leave blank 'Purpose of Trip' in Part A, 'Duration of Stay' in Part B and whole Part C. You can fill this form in Plane). [UPDATE 2018: Airlines don't give declaration cards in planes anymore. You can use ABC KIOSKs installed at various locations around immigration area or use the following "eDeclaration" app]
  • Goods to Bring (GTB) Form (bit.ly/2xNVFHb) and Goods to Follow (GTF) Form (bit.ly/2Dxge0J), commonly known as B4 and B4A Form.
  • Jewellery must be separately photographed (can be in any format) and have their appraisal from jeweller or estimated value written.
  • If bringing any form of any local or international currencies equal to CA$10,000 or more (you should know currency conversion rates), you must declare it in Declaration Form.
Outland Applicants don't get asked any questions or any formal interview. Just one to two questions already on COPR.

Optional : If you are planning to study or work in Canada, then you need to bring your educational documents as well as your professional (work/employment related) documents. It's not required by Immigration.

Source Guide

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Dear Friends

Below are some queries in which I am in need of your opinions, Other than question # 01 i believe rest can be cleared in brief answers.

Would be really thankful for your usual support:.

1. IMM0008 (page 2 or 5), I have input the details of my 01 year old daughter. There is a heading of "National Identity Document" in which they have asked if individual has any National Identity document.
My daughter has a "B" Form having her identity # (which will be her CNIC # once she turns 18) mentioned on it. Other than expiry date, it has every other requirement asked in the form.
My question is, should I consider B form as National Identity document?
B-Form is not an Identity Document. Children of preschool age may not be able to provide an identity document that includes their photo. In such cases, an explanation letter must accompany. You can choose YES and write her NADRA number written in B-form, Passport or FRC, but do write brief explanation that child is young and have no photo identification (other than xyz, whichever document you have)

2. In document check list IMM5533 (Page 4 of 10), Point # 02,"Authority to release personal information to a designated individual (IMM5475)".
In what scenario this form is required to be filled? or can it be ignored. I didn't find this form in application package given on cic website.
Ignore it. It's never used in almost all cases. You can use this form to disclose your application to 3rd-party, such as parents, friends, etc.

3. IMM5476 Use of Representative, Being the Sponsor I'll be dealing whole case, so my spouse will be filling this form in which she'll appoint me as her representative, There are certain details required in the form such as Company Name, Membership ID etc.
My question is that should i left this section blank completely or fill the relevant field such as mailing address, cell #.
Section B-7 will have your mailing address, post code, telephone and email address. Ignore fields (leave blank) which are not applicable to you.

4. IMM5546 (Military details) this form is not applicable on me. Should I fill it be writing N/A or can ignore the form completely by not making part of my application?
Tick box next to MILITARY SERVICE and then tick No in question below. Leave checkbox of "if you are providing military documents" empty.

5. Birth certificate Translation should be sent original.
You can either submit original or photocopy. Both are acceptable. I provided original 'certified' translations.

6. Police certificates are to be sent Original?? its not specified in checklist so i assume that photocopy is to be sent.
If you go through each both, it will state whether they want photocopy or original. With PCC, they have not used the word "photocopy". PCC's expire after SIX months. So, PCC itself was useless for me after that. So, I submitted original and put a sticky note saying "Keep it!"

7. PO Box is helpful?? do they send any requirements through hard copy?? in my immigration case whole correspondence was through email.
If they can't reach you online, only then they will forward their request/correspondence via post.

8. Application forms should be sent through mail or Courier service. which one is better or both are same?

Regards
Both are acceptable. Canada Post will use PO Box. Private Courier will use address without PO Box. No one is better or worse. They all eventually deliver application packages.

Last edited:
Reactions: sk540