medical request date: Upfront
medical done : ----
Police Request Date: Upfront
Review of Eligiblity in Progress Date (MYCIC): ----
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC): ----
Review of submitted document Date (MYCIC):----
Background check in progress Date (MYCIC): May 17, 2018
Additional document request date: April 28, 2017 and Oct 24, 2017
Additional documents that are requested: Sch A, Rukhsati pictures, Communication proof, Sponsor's visit proof, Photographs, Confirmation that walima and rukhsati happened or not, receipts of catering, banquet hall bookings.
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): Y
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): N
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N): N
Interview Letter and re-med request: April 04, 2018
Interview Date: May 08, 2018
Decision Made Date: May 19, 2018
Passport Request Date: May 21, 2018
COPR & Passport stamped date: ----

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Unfortunately, their thick annoying skulls don't understand that. It's pathetic! Not every person will have the same functions also, there are people who cannot afford as much or just don't believe in doing big functions. The necessary thing they should look at is islamically what makes a person married..NIKKAH! I provided a lot of proof as well from years ago, if what we have isn't satisfactory to them and a few dumb photos in a car are then I don't know what to say. People can fake ruksati very easily but they can't fake all of what we have. I find it very discriminatory and it should change. People may as well start sending naked pictures LOL
in your case you mentioned rukhsaati only case but you sending pics that you both are spending your time together? for IRCC, husband and wife can't spend time together untul rukhsaati done...as for them..a complete Islamic marriage is when rukhsaati done..so don't they think that without rukhsaati u meeting with you hubby and this is not a cultural thing in Islam/Pakistan? they can raise their concern on ur visit to him and spending ur time with him?

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
Honestly they should just make everyone's life easier by specifically stating ruksati photos are a must, if they're going to be that anal about it. On the country specific instructions it's listed as reception OR ruksati. Why wait until the last stage to reject someone, pathetic.

Reactions: carolbb23

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
in your case you mentioned rukhsaati only case but you sending pics that you both are spending your time together? for IRCC, husband and wife can't spend time together untul rukhsaati done...as for them..a complete Islamic marriage is when rukhsaati done..so don't they think that without rukhsaati u meeting with you hubby and this is not a cultural thing in Islam/Pakistan? they can raise their concern on ur visit to him and spending ur time with him?
Well they can raise concerns all they want, I cannot reverse back time now can I? My sister's application was also Nikkah only and she stated it as full marriage and had no ruksati photos and provided pictures after Nikkah as well. They were together for 5 years and he was an inland applicant. Really depends who ends up handling your case. We can only pray and hope nothing else can be done at this point now. Just going to wait and see. I believe in islamic requirements not some bogus Pakistani cultural ones. I am sick of stressing over it now whatever is meant to be will happen that's my moto

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Well they can raise concerns all they want, I cannot reverse back time now can I? My sister's application was also Nikkah only and she stated it as full marriage and had no ruksati photos and provided pictures after Nikkah as well. They were together for 5 years and he was an inland applicant. Really depends who ends up handling your case. We can only pray and hope nothing else can be done at this point now. Just going to wait and see. I believe in islamic requirements not some bogus Pakistani cultural ones. I am sick of stressing over it now whatever is meant to be will happen that's my moto
I dont disagree with you but when it comes to immigration they stick with the script and the script tells them to pay attention to the culture of the country along with the religious ceremonies. At the end of the say, it depends a lot on the officer and his/her mood swings :) They may or may not make something a big issue.

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
I dont disagree with you but when it comes to immigration they stick with the script and the script tells them to pay attention to the culture of the country along with the religious ceremonies. At the end of the say, it depends a lot on the officer and his/her mood swings :) They may or may not make something a big issue.
Exactly what I mean, just really have to wait and watch. There are so so many Nikkah only cases and many without ruksati as well that have been processed. Unfortunately, some get rejected. Can't really control that, not going to stress anymore. It was my first time sponsoring, it isn't like i was experienced to realize all this ahead of time. They should focus primarily on how genuine the case appears, ruksati can be faked too if wanted. Btw are you on the fb group as well ?

Last edited:

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Exactly what I mean, just really have to wait and watch. There are so so many Nikkah only cases and many without ruksati as well that have been processed. Unfortunately, some get rejected. Can't really control that, not going to stress anymore. It was my first time sponsoring, it isn't like i was experienced to realize all this ahead of time. They should focus primarily on how genuine the case appears, ruksati can be faked too if wanted. Btw are you on the fb group as well ?
I'm myself all about the intention but intentions are hard to prove. They want to see it happen. A staged or 'fake' rukhsati carries more weight than no rukhsati. The more action they see the more they believe it's genuine. It's like a job interview. I myself had rukhsati but no walima so lets see how they take that. Yes, i'm on the fb group but with a temporary account. Closed my fb long ago :)

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
I'm myself all about the intention but intentions are hard to prove. They want to see it happen. A staged or 'fake' rukhsati carries more weight than no rukhsati. The more action they see the more they believe it's genuine. It's like a job interview. I myself had rukhsati but no walima so lets see how they take that. Yes, i'm on the fb group but with a temporary account. Closed my fb long ago :)
Guess we just need to wait and see what happens nothing else can be done at this point now. Submitted extra photos of the visit too recently so ya, they can't say my relationship isn't genuine though lol..way too much proof about that, ya they can cry over the ruksati part. Worst case scenario reapply woohoo

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Guess we just need to wait and see what happens nothing else can be done at this point now. Submitted extra photos of the visit too recently so ya, they can't say my relationship isn't genuine though lol..way too much proof about that, ya they can cry over the ruksati part. Worst case scenario reapply woohoo
I believe visiting your spouse and sending proof of that helps a lot. I myself may not be able to do so this year. We did not have many pictures after the marriage as it happened towards the end of my trip and I had to leave few days after. On top of that it's my 2nd marriage...lots of fun :p

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
I believe visiting your spouse and sending proof of that helps a lot. I myself may not be able to do so this year. We did not have many pictures after the marriage as it happened towards the end of my trip and I had to leave few days after. On top of that it's my 2nd marriage...lots of fun :p
Ya man, did you have the sacred royal "ruksati" though lol ? My nikah happened like a week before I flew back. Didn't really have the chance to think about all these extra things, it all happened suddenly. Literally prepared everything in 1 week lol.

saamar

Star Member
Mar 10, 2018
Mine is second marriage too and Nikah only. can anyone advise please what should i be ready for? My first marriage was here in Canada so I included a divorce certificate. What else can they ask for?

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
Mine is second marriage too and Nikah only. can anyone advise please what should i be ready for? My first marriage was here in Canada so I included a divorce certificate. What else can they ask for?
Well guess you're in for a ride like myself included lol. What proof did you include? Did you visit your spouse after Nikkah? They'll likely question ruksati too or your intentions of marriage etc

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
2nd marriage?? You are such a sinner! Ok, lets start off with Patience. You will require a lot of that :p

Divorce certificate from the local court is fine as thats what I did too.

Not much to do at this point. Just make sure you have ongoing proof of communication with your spouse. Are you planning to do rukhsati soon or after getting visa?

Reactions: humy.11.23

saamar

Star Member
Mar 10, 2018
Well guess you're in for a ride like myself included lol. What proof did you include? Did you visit your spouse after Nikkah? They'll likely question ruksati too or your intentions of marriage etc
Proof was money transfer receipts, whatspp convo screenshots, text messages, phone bills, social media account conversations, email convos. No I have not visited. Reason for no rukhsati is I would like to take my wife along with me after rukhsati. so waiting for paperwork. Intention of Marriage. I will try my best to answer this in the most socially acceptable way. lol

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Ya man, did you have the sacred royal "ruksati" though lol ? My nikah happened like a week before I flew back. Didn't really have the chance to think about all these extra things, it all happened suddenly. Literally prepared everything in 1 week lol.
We had a simple rukhsati, took some pictures of walking out the hall together, getting into the car and then in the hotel when we spent the night.