+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
Proof was money transfer receipts, whatspp convo screenshots, text messages, phone bills, social media account conversations, email convos. No I have not visited. Reason for no rukhsati is I would like to take my wife along with me after rukhsati. so waiting for paperwork. Intention of Marriage. I will try my best to answer this in the most socially acceptable way. lol
Well that's one way of doing it for me they'll likely question asking for ruksati photos, what will I even say to them ? I intend on doing a function in Canada etc at the end of the day it's their decision. Let's see what they say...as long as you explained to the best of your ability/plan that's all you can do and of course wait a long time like the rest of us in similar situations. You should expect an interview and questioning for sure, that's what I'm expecting as well based on previous scenarios

saamar

Star Member
Mar 10, 2018
2nd marriage?? You are such a sinner! Ok, lets start off with Patience. You will require a lot of that :p

Divorce certificate from the local court is fine as thats what I did too.

Not much to do at this point. Just make sure you have ongoing proof of communication with your spouse. Are you planning to do rukhsati soon or after getting visa?
Waiting and watching at the moment. Might just do it if the silence from LVO doesnt break.

saamar

Star Member
Mar 10, 2018
Well that's one way of doing it for me they'll likely question asking for ruksati photos, what will I even say to them ? I intend on doing a function in Canada etc at the end of the day it's their decision. Let's see what they say...as long as you explained to the best of your ability/plan that's all you can do and of course wait a long time like the rest of us in similar situations. You should expect an interview and questioning for sure, that's what I'm expecting as well based on previous scenarios
Both my sisters were Nikah only cases. but that was 10 plus years ago . Not sure why is it such a big deal now. For the rukhsati. I havent declared on my forms either that we have had a rukhsati. I will be honest and say once the ppwk comes in we plan to do a rukhsati and reception in Karachi and bring my wife along. That should be an acceptable explanation i guess

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
Both my sisters were Nikah only cases. but that was 10 plus years ago . Not sure why is it such a big deal now. For the rukhsati. I havent declared on my forms either that we have had a rukhsati. I will be honest and say once the ppwk comes in we plan to do a rukhsati and reception in Karachi and bring my wife along. That should be an acceptable explanation i guess
Did you specifically put Nikkah only on the forms or just kind of left it for them to figure out. Also, did you explain on your application that you intend to do a proper wedding function etc after pr? And ya it's become a big hassle now

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
they shouldnt ask you ur rukhsati pics as ur case is Nikah only case but again if ur visitign him taking pics together ..spending time with him.. then they may raise the concern "against the Cultural thing" because according to IRCC..a muslim marriage is not complete wihtout rukhsaati and they also believe that a husband and wife can't go on a date they rukhsaati doesn't happen? this is what i think.. i may be wrong..and Insha Alllah i will be wrong..i pray that your case and all our cases go smoothly without any further question asks

saamar

Star Member
Mar 10, 2018
Did you specifically put Nikkah only on the forms or just kind of left it for them to figure out. Also, did you explain on your application that you intend to do a proper wedding function etc after pr? And ya it's become a big hassle now
No in the timeline of events i said engagement then wedding and a post nikah reception. Included pictures of all three. No I didnt get into my future plans. the nikah pictures were quite detailed though. Also to be honest they also have to realize for a second marriage people might not choose to go all out on celebrations. why can not one just do a simple nikah and go about their business. my divorce was expensive enough tbh

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
I think we can't just left on them to decide if a marriage is a Nikha only or rukhsaati too...in forms they clearly ask if bride and groom live together and if yes then for how long? where? what kind of time they spend together.. so if spending time together someone says YES means Rukhsaati done..

I recall a case here in Forum where a girl mentioned Nikah only case but in her forms she mentioned lived together and later she received a PFL asking her to explain how she lived with her husband if her case was rukhsaati only and she not sure sent an explanation that stating living together is a mistake on her part...and she didn't live with her husband:oops::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

saamar

Star Member
Mar 10, 2018
they shouldnt ask you ur rukhsati pics as ur case is Nikah only case but again if ur visitign him taking pics together ..spending time with him.. then they may raise the concern "against the Cultural thing" because according to IRCC..a muslim marriage is not complete wihtout rukhsaati and they also believe that a husband and wife can't go on a date they rukhsaati doesn't happen? this is what i think.. i may be wrong..and Insha Alllah i will be wrong..i pray that your case and all our cases go smoothly without any further question asks
Yes brother I really do hope all goes well for all of us. They did ask though if we stayed together so i said yes for a day and included her address. my whole stay was a week in total with nikah and reception happening on the last three of them

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
I hope so too, I don't wish bad on anyone. It is such a difficult, time consuming process no one should go through the heartache of rejection. On my forms I didn't state Nikkah only, I actually just let them decide. I didn't write down ruksati, I just had a small dolki function which I listed, Nikkah and wrote reception. Then wrote the time I stayed with my spouse. They'll likely question whether or not I had a ruksati, I don't have photos because it was a Nikkah function and I wanted to do a proper one in Canada. Other than that, I'll just have to wait and see what they say. If they do question that it is culturally unacceptable then well I'll just explain to them, not everyone's the same.

saamar

Star Member
Mar 10, 2018
I think we can't just left on them to decide if a marriage is a Nikha only or rukhsaati too...in forms they clearly ask if bride and groom live together and if yes then for how long? where? what kind of time they spend together.. so if spending time together someone says YES means Rukhsaati done..

I recall a case here in Forum where a girl mentioned Nikah only case but in her forms she mentioned lived together and later she received a PFL asking her to explain how she lived with her husband if her case was rukhsaati only and she not sure sent an explanation that stating living together is a mistake on her part...and she didn't live with her husband:oops::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure from a religious point of view as well you only have Nikah and yes you can spend time with your spouse after it. Valima can be done later too after a week. You can spend time with your partner after Nikah.

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
No in the timeline of events i said engagement then wedding and a post nikah reception. Included pictures of all three. No I didnt get into my future plans. the nikah pictures were quite detailed though. Also to be honest they also have to realize for a second marriage people might not choose to go all out on celebrations. why can not one just do a simple nikah and go about their business. my divorce was expensive enough tbh
I feel what you're saying. They really need to consider other things. My husband and I really wanted to just do a Nikkah function because we felt islamically that was necessary, the plan for the Canadian function came after.

Last edited:

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017

Ya my situation is similar however, I am not going to say it was by mistake, I will directly tell them. My husband and I follow religious practices not cultural therefore according to Islam after Nikkah people can live together and it is officially considered being married

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
I'm pretty sure from a religious point of view as well you only have Nikah and yes you can spend time with your spouse after it. Valima can be done later too after a week. You can spend time with your partner after Nikah.
yes of course they can live together..rukhsati is just formality nikah is the main reliigious thing but these ppl in LVO un ke dimaag main kaun daale

Reactions: humy.11.23