+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

pluspc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Thanks for the feedback guys but im still confused. So we cant mail the PR card to him if the person is back to pakistan? He has to stay for 60 days?? Getting different responses here.. any clarity would be great thanks
Yes, he has to stay for 60 days to get his PR card. He will then use that card to exit the country and then to re-enter. If you mail him the PR card, then there would be no exit showing which means that they will question him when he is re-entering the country. If the matter is of urgency and he has to leave the country and there is no way out, then see the following link (Read under: Returning by Commercial Vehicle):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

Do note that if you decide to go this way, there is no guarantee that they will give him the PR Card. Why take the chances, if its not life/death situation?

fsiddiqui

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Yes, he has to stay for 60 days to get his PR card. He will then use that card to exit the country and then to re-enter. If you mail him the PR card, then there would be no exit showing which means that they will question him when he is re-entering the country. If the matter is of urgency and he has to leave the country and there is no way out, then see the following link (Read under: Returning by Commercial Vehicle):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

Do note that if you decide to go this way, there is no guarantee that they will give him the PR Card. Why take the chances, if its not life/death situation?
I don't think PR card needs to "show exit". His passport will have the exit stamp.

They can also apply for a PRTD while in Pakistan which will let them re-enter Canada. Takes about 2 weeks as per the threads below:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/travel-document-pr-card-has-not-arrived-on-time.447887/#post-5411748

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/no-pr-card-yet-and-we-have-to-leave-the-country-in-15-days.475011/#post-5782085

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Thanks for the feedback guys but im still confused. So we cant mail the PR card to him if the person is back to pakistan? He has to stay for 60 days?? Getting different responses here.. any clarity would be great thanks
why don't you call Immigration Canada and inquired the same to them? They will give you a definite answer and clear all your confusion!!

MianMA

Feb 21, 2017
App. Filed.......
15 Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
30 Mar 2017
AOR Received.
25 May 2017
Med's Request
8 June 2017
I am also curious about this, whoever knows please answer.

Question is Can he make an entry in Canada and visit pakistan again in a few days (for business purpose)?? Or does he need to wait for 60 days there until he gets his PR card in the mail before he could fly again?

To add to this. My husband is in a similar situation where he wants to come to Canada for PR and leave the country within couple weeks, return to Pakistan where he needs to be for the remainder of the year for business purposes while visiting me in Canada every now and then.
Hi there,
he has to stay untill you recieve the PR card. it doesn't have to be 60 days. some people get it in 40 days. But he has to have the PR card with him when he enters Canada again. and you cannot mail a PR card to anyone outside Canada. it is best to stay until he recieves his PR card and then fly to Pak and then re-enter Canada with his PR card.
hope it helps.

MianMA

Feb 21, 2017
App. Filed.......
15 Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
30 Mar 2017
AOR Received.
25 May 2017
Med's Request
8 June 2017
Hi everyone. I have a question if somone has any knowledge please shed some light. Our application recently got approved and im travelling with my husband soon.
Question is Can he make an entry in Canada and visit pakistan again in a few days (for business purpose)?? Or does he need to wait for 60 days there until he gets his PR card in the mail before he could fly again? Thanx in advance.
Hi there,
he has to stay untill you recieve the PR card. it doesn't have to be 60 days. some people get it in 40 days. But he has to have the PR card with him when he enters Canada again. and you cannot mail a PR card to anyone outside Canada. it is best to stay until he recieves his PR card and then fly to Pak and then re-enter Canada with his PR card.
hope it helps.

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Ok..So after having medical on 12th may according to time on spreadsheet I will most probably get ppr by 15th april
how ur concluding that you will receive PPR by Apr 15th?

Which month / year applicant you are ?
Can't find you in spreadsheet?

Last edited:

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
hi, i speak from personal experience. my parents were sponsored and they came here for landing and then left in 1 month back to Pakistan before getting their card. they/we do not have to show our PR card when exiting Canada. once the PR card came, i mailed their PR cards to them in Pakistan and next time they were able to come back with no issues since they had their PR cards. please note that as per rules you should not mail PR card as it can get lost/stolen. use proper mailing service to mail it back, like dhl or fedex etc, or send it with someone you know who is going to Pakistan.

Pakbella

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
1-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2016
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront 23-Nov-2016
hi, i speak from personal experience. my parents were sponsored and they came here for landing and then left in 1 month back to Pakistan before getting their card. they/we do not have to show our PR card when exiting Canada. once the PR card came, i mailed their PR cards to them in Pakistan and next time they were able to come back with no issues since they had their PR cards. please note that as per rules you should not mail PR card as it can get lost/stolen. use proper mailing service to mail it back, like dhl or fedex etc, or send it with someone you know who is going to Pakistan.
why don't you call Immigration Canada and inquired the same to them? They will give you a definite answer and clear all your confusion!!
Thanks alot @posse. I greatly appreciate your response. This is why this forum is made so we can help each other out.
And @khancanada, i think all questions can be directed to Immigration Canada. But this forum is made for us folks to communicate and share experiences and make our life easy. Plus im not in canada to make the 1800 call. Please let people (who actually have similar experience or knowledge) answer questions. It saves us all time from reading irrelevant posts as well.
Thanks. Peace. ✌

Reactions: humy.11.23

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Thanks alot @posse. I greatly appreciate your response. This is why this forum is made so we can help each other out.
And @khancanada, i think all questions can be directed to Immigration Canada. But this forum is made for us folks to communicate and share experiences and make our life easy. Plus im not in canada to make the 1800 call. Please let people (who actually have similar experience or knowledge) answer questions. It saves us all time from reading irrelevant posts as well.
Thanks. Peace. ✌
yes no doubt this forum is definitely helping all of us but when there is very serious matter of immigration and you are receiving so many different answers of your question then if i were you, should contact Immigration Canada to sort it out once for all.
NOT ALL QUESTIONS can be directed to Immigration Canada. I am not agree to that.
Immigration Canada won't help you how to fill the forms? They won't tell you what documents you needed. They don't help on any NN OR Divorce papers related issues. They don't tell you how to get your FRC OR any Pakistani related documents like PCC etc . There are tons of tons of questions that Immigration Canada will never answer as they don't know the answers ((Country Specific).
But in your case, Immigration Canada will definitely provide you an exact answer and that should be the right one that you should follow.
People here on this forum are really courteous and helpful but are not from Immigration Canada OR Immigration Lawyers they just trying to help us out according to their experience and you see when you posted your question, you received a dozens of reply.
everyone telling you their own version of experience but a quick phone call to Immigration canada saves you all these hassles.
Your question about PR is very common and I am pretty Sure Immigration Canada should be your right point of contact for this question. I am in Karachi Pakistan at this moment with my wife and making phone calls to Immigration Canada 1-888-242-2100 without any issues.

Last edited:

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
I don't think PR card needs to "show exit". His passport will have the exit stamp.

They can also apply for a PRTD while in Pakistan which will let them re-enter Canada. Takes about 2 weeks as per the threads below:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/travel-document-pr-card-has-not-arrived-on-time.447887/#post-5411748

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/no-pr-card-yet-and-we-have-to-leave-the-country-in-15-days.475011/#post-5782085
Ya I heard about this as well from several sources and a lot of people are saying 6 weeks to receive the PR card. It's confusing, probably better to clarify directly if the ones on the phone actually know any better that is. I'll definitely call and let you guys know what they say.