+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
@AHC - I am not agree with that to be very honest. Sending proof of chats gift receipts etc not going to do anything except, VO may start reviewing these for nothing. He may not needed these and he may be goign to issue the VISA but sending extra docs may trigger him something and he may ended up asking more docs or interview etc OR send PFL? only docs we should send when there is some major event and most of us sending when we visited our spouse to Pakistan. I would suggest go and visit him to Pakistan then come back then send your all proof. Rest is your choice
Here is the thing Khan sahab, our visa officer started looking at our file on November 22nd. They approved our file on Jan 25th. That is 2 months we lost because of additional document and then PFL. Had we sent in voluntarily proof after I came back from a visit in May, we might have have been spared the stress and delay caused be the PFL. Might. That said, if we sent communication proof while they were assessing eligibility, at most it would have delayed our processing by a week or two. I think most people would opt for a 2 week delay option rather than 2 months. Wouldn't you agree? And in cases where applicants know there can be delays, like nikah, or not first marriages for PA and/or Sponsor in those cases its best to be proactive than not. Anyway at the end of the day it's personal choice of course. But remember the responsibility of proving a genuine relationship is on the applicants. So best not to wait around for the officer and send in additional supporting evidence of a genuine relationship. Once again to each their own, this is just now my opinion after having gone through the process myself.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Exactly annoying people giving wrong info thank gosh I didn’t email them again. Like there was no option to upload it anywhere, and he said that how would they know if your citizen?
There is an entire Tab in the Pakistani Spousal Sponsorship spreadsheet on ordering notes. You are right they don't give you an option, and through your file, the one they are retrieving they will know if you are PR holder or Citizen, I suppose that is how they figure it out. In any case sponsors who are PR holders have to be in Canada during the process of sponsorship.

Amna1997

Jan 14, 2018
There is an entire Tab in the Pakistani Spousal Sponsorship spreadsheet on ordering notes. You are right they don't give you an option, and through your file, the one they are retrieving they will know if you are PR holder or Citizen, I suppose that is how they figure it out. In any case sponsors who are PR holders have to be in Canada during the process of sponsorship.
Yea I’m a Canadian and American citizen. Thanks I’ll check the forum here out it’s probably much better than fb, I should leave that group nonprofessional opinions

Amna1997

Jan 14, 2018
Here is the thing Khan sahab, our visa officer started looking at our file on November 22nd. They approved our file on Jan 25th. That is 2 months we lost because of additional document and then PFL. Had we sent in voluntarily proof after I came back from a visit in May, we might have have been spared the stress and delay caused be the PFL. Might. That said, if we sent communication proof while they were assessing eligibility, at most it would have delayed our processing by a week or two. I think most people would opt for a 2 week delay option rather than 2 months. Wouldn't you agree? And in cases where applicants know there can be delays, like nikah, or not first marriages for PA and/or Sponsor in those cases its best to be proactive than not. Anyway at the end of the day it's personal choice of course. But remember the responsibility of proving a genuine relationship is on the applicants. So best not to wait around for the officer and send in additional supporting evidence of a genuine relationship. Once again to each their own, this is just now my opinion after having gone through the process myself.
Yes I came back from my visit in August and never thought of sending my photos and document but I saw on forum I should so I just did last week, it’s better than nothing, at least they should know I visited my husband and am back studying.

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Reactions: Amna1997

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Yes I came back from my visit in August and never thought of sending my photos and document but I saw on forum I should so I just did last week, it’s better than nothing, at least they should know I visited my husband and am back studying.
that is the right thing you did. You should have sent this long time ago why waited that long:rolleyes:o_Oo_O:eek:

Reactions: Amna1997

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Even sending in proof of communication can help. It's better than not doing anything at all, I think.
VOs never asks voluntarily proof from us. its us who are sending voluntarily proof for the sake of our own satisfaction. People who are doing fake marriages, knows all these tactics so these fake people can talk day and night, on chat video calls, love notes, love letters etc and then send it to VO to show that their marriage is genuine and let VO reads their love notes...lolz.. but if a marriage is genuine then at least Sponsor can visit their spouse at least after 3-4 months and then take pictures and believe me these pictures can be fake and just pose for the sake of showing genuine marriage but at least visiting spouse in back home cost money, travel, hoteling shopping dinner so at least VO can think something positive.
But not visiting your spouse and just sending love notes on whatsapp, skype i don't think so going to make any difference.
my 5 cents thoughtso_O:D:p

Amna1997

Jan 14, 2018
Guys omg !!!!! Just logged in not huge difference but I haven’t seen anything different since September, now it says we do not need additional documents does anyone else have this?

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
VOs never asks voluntarily proof from us. its us who are sending voluntarily proof for the sake of our own satisfaction. People who are doing fake marriages, knows all these tactics so these fake people can talk day and night, on chat video calls, love notes, love letters etc and then send it to VO to show that their marriage is genuine and let VO reads their love notes...lolz.. but if a marriage is genuine then at least Sponsor can visit their spouse at least after 3-4 months and then take pictures and believe me these pictures can be fake and just pose for the sake of showing genuine marriage but at least visiting spouse in back home cost money, travel, hoteling shopping dinner so at least VO can think something positive.
But not visiting your spouse and just sending love notes on whatsapp, skype i don't think so going to make any difference.
my 5 cents thoughtso_O:D:p
Voluntary documents means that you sent them without the officer asking it, hence the term voluntary. If they ask its after the fact, not voluntary and ends up slowing down the process. The only way to avoid having to send documents voluntarily and not end up wasting time is to send in more than the asked proof with your application. A good big fat application loaded with evidence of a genuine relationship is the only solution I think.

What others do in their fake marriage is not our concern. Let that be the concern of the visa officer who has to assess it. My husband and I spend hours talking to each other daily, I don't think fake couples care to put in so much effort to spend time with someone they have no relationship with. In any case, it is the decision of the couples at the end of the day how they want to proceed with their application, and since it is our responsibility to prove to the officer that our marriage is genuine then we should do whatever we think is appropriate. Cheers.

Reactions: khancanada

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Guys omg !!!!! Just logged in not huge difference but I haven’t seen anything different since September, now it says we do not need additional documents does anyone else have this?
so before it was showing as we need additional documents? if yes did u send them additional documents? mine is showing as we we do not need additional documents but what i heard and what i noticed, LVO (VO) can asks additional documents anytime.
like you do not need an interview but some applicants here ended up having an interview call.o_Oo_O:eek::p:D

su005

Dec 30, 2015
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016 In Process.......: 22-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16-12-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2016 - Remedial: 09-11-2017
Interview........
07-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2018
In interviews they call the sponsor if they aren't there. Ask them similar questions they ask the PA. So yea interview is of them both.
Not necessary. Not everytime sponsor is called for interview. Even if he is accompanying PA not every sponsor is called in by the interviewer.

I am one of those cases when my sponsor was not accompanying me at the interview because of his work related commitments in Canada. I had an awesome interview and neither did my VO called him over phone for verification.

Last edited:

Amna1997

Jan 14, 2018
so before it was showing as we need additional documents? if yes did u send them additional documents? mine is showing as we we do not need additional documents but what i heard and what i noticed, LVO (VO) can asks additional documents anytime.
like you do not need an interview but some applicants here ended up having an interview call.o_Oo_O:eek::p:D
They didn’t ask me for anything that was just bcg and nothing after it just said we are reviewing them before, one girl who got pre arrivals said she got that next week give per arrival then PPR

su005

Dec 30, 2015
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016 In Process.......: 22-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16-12-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2016 - Remedial: 09-11-2017
Interview........
07-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2018
Guys, don't worry about the sponsor accompanying or not accompanying you at the interview. It's is not a REQUIREMENT. Only if sponsor is present in Pakistan with spouse already, he is obliged to accompany PA.

You don't need to put yourself in hassle of travelling Pakistan for interview and then go back. But yeah, if you think your wife needs that moral support and yourself to be present with her then decide yourself.