+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Thanks br for your good wishes and information. My question will Mississauga transfer my file to LVO or they will ask my wife to go for treatment and then reapply. Anyone has information about this ?
I don't see a reason why they shouldn't transfer the file to LVO. Best of luck!

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
SA : December 20th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
to all those who's applications have been completed and have traveled and still use this forum, I would like to ask which airline did you travel by and how good / bad was your experience ?

Apologies as this is not an immigration question but I'd just like to get some advice. Thanks

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
My husband is currently not working and that's what he mentioned when we sent in my application.
Thanks Mmoin.
So your application is accepted even when ur husband is not on Job. rite?

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
It is not necessary to be on job. But one should be able to show that he or she can provide the badic needs for themselves.
Thanks rzafar

If i submit my bank statement having around CAD 10k, would that be sufficient?

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Hi ,

Its not necessary/compulsory to have a job for Spouse Visa

Thanks

Thanks alot Alamumair

Can you guide about processing time these days? Cic website says 12 months for spousal cases. What is the actual time taken normally?

Regards

pakiguy87

Jul 4, 2017
Hi all,

I would really appreciate if some experienced member on this forum can guide me about an issue I am facing. I did my Nikkah and wedding couple of months ago and now preparing to apply. Nikkah was held in a Mosque where due to religious restrictions, we were not allowed to take any pictures at all.

Now, I have heard from few people that it is mandatory to include pictures showing the person signing the nikahnama? if it's true then is there any way we can convince the case officer for unavailability of pictures?

Jazak Allah

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thanks alot Alamumair

Can you guide about processing time these days? Cic website says 12 months for spousal cases. What is the actual time taken normally?

Regards
If everything is fine and there are no red flags, we're looking at somewhere between 7-9 months. Could be sooner. Fingers crossed.

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi all,

I would really appreciate if some experienced member on this forum can guide me about an issue I am facing. I did my Nikkah and wedding couple of months ago and now preparing to apply. Nikkah was held in a Mosque where due to religious restrictions, we were not allowed to take any pictures at all.

Now, I have heard from few people that it is mandatory to include pictures showing the person signing the nikahnama? if it's true then is there any way we can convince the case officer for unavailability of pictures?

Jazak Allah
Yes you are right, CIC does look for pictures of nikkah and the signature signing etc but you can always explain on an extra sheet why no pictures were taken during the nikkah ceremony, the same way you have explained here in the forum. Along with that, I would recommend send good quality pictures that shows you and your spouse as well as family and friends.

Reactions: pakiguy87

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
If everything is fine and there are no red flags, we're looking at somewhere between 7-9 months. Could be sooner. Fingers crossed.
Thanks Haris

Reactions: harisyaqoob

Samlia

Aug 29, 2014
Hi all,

Jazak Allah
Its gonna make visa officer suspicious that your case is fake, its always good to take photos of records if you are planning to move out of Pakistan at any stage of your life regardless of its religious or not. The way we are portrayed in this world we need to cover our bases to prove our-self innocent. Now you would have to really convince the visa officer and write a super strong cover letter and attach an many as proofs you could. Take so many photos together on trips, family gatherings etc etc. I would assume you took photos of Rukhsti and Walima and for nikah you can tell them it was held in mosque and you were not allowed to take photos. Good Luck

Osama_sidd

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
09/01/2017
AOR Received.
26/01/2017
Med's Request
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-03-2017
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
to all those who's applications have been completed and have traveled and still use this forum, I would like to ask which airline did you travel by and how good / bad was your experience ?

Apologies as this is not an immigration question but I'd just like to get some advice. Thanks
I have travelled with PIA, Etihad and Emirates. It depends on who is coming and how and what their needs are. PIA allows 2 bags of 28kg each (people have brought in as much as 30Kg easily; they did reduce it to 23Kg once, but since their flights declined they bumped it up to 28 again). Etihad and every other flight only allows 2 bags of 23 KG. Also an extra bag on PIA costs 110 USD, on Etihad and Emirates it costs you 225 USD if you tell the airlines 24 hours before (or maybe 48, I'm not sure). If you tell them on the airport the fee is more. PIA's rate is fixed, so you can go to the airport and just pay 110 USD and you are good. However there is no kind of in flight entertainment on PIA. They do have the system installed but it rarely works. On the other hand, Etihad and Emirates' have great in flight entertainment, and in addition to that you can plug your laptop in to the power outlet on your seat and use it during the whole flight (i watched mr robot while binge eating caramel popcorns :D)
Food of these middle east carriers is not that good. I love spicy food and theirs is not. I liked PIA's food though, however it comes less frequently. For first time travellers I would highly recommend PIA, since all you need to do is take the flight and boom you are in Canada. For all other air carriers you will be taking a connecting flight and landing in an airport where no one speaks your language, which is not fun for first time flyers (my sister lives in the UK and had a really bad experience with the Turkish airways, not with the flight itself, but her experience at the turkish airport was really bad. she was not flying for the first time. And I have heard stories of staff at turkish airport not knowing english, so you get lost easily). However I did not face such an issue with either emirates or etihad (my friend who lives in Montreal travels with qatar and he did not complain about such issue on the doha airport either)
Similarly if you have kids with you I would recommend PIA again as it can get hectic with kids when you have to have a long layover.

Last edited:

dranzer19

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
09-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
07-09-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Osama_sidd explained it well! I travel almost yearly between Canada and Pakistan and I agree with everything he said.

Personally I do not travel with PIA because of uncomfortable seats (almost no foam cushion) and flight delays causing unnecessary headaches before boarding. I would rate my preference in this order: Etihad -> Qatar -> Turkish -> PIA

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

Took pia direct flight to Toronto. no stopover so saved time. services same as expected from pia.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hi all,

Jazak Allah
We were also not allowed to take pictures during the nikkah ceremony. But we Included a letter from our mosque where the nikkah took place and also included group pictures taken before and after nikkah..shoots and family photos. plus added pictures of other wedding ceremonies. I didn't get a question from lvo regarding nikkah nama signing..got straight passport request, Alhamdulillah.

Reactions: ahsenshah and mmoin