Received Background Schedule and Police certificate Request on March 7th, 2017
Received Med Request on March 7th, 2017
Medical Done on March 16th, 2017
Sponsorship Approval on March 15th, 2017
File Transfer to London on April 18th, 2017
Request of Passport on July 3rd, 2017

Chailatte

Feb 16, 2017
I am the sponsor and just had my baby, the child was born in Canada. The question is, my husband's file has been transferred to Lvo. Should I send in my child's birth certificate and update them with this information or not? Also, the birth certificate doesn't have the father's name because he is not in Canada.

Please update/add me to the spreadsheet:
Application sent: April 06
May 3- application linked
May 4- aor
May 10- Sa approval
May 11- schedule a and pic request
May 24-file transfered (email form Mississauga)

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
I am the sponsor and just had my baby, the child was born in Canada. The question is, my husband's file has been transferred to Lvo. Should I send in my child's birth certificate and update them with this information or not? Also, the birth certificate doesn't have the father's name because he is not in Canada.

May 4- aor
May 10- Sa approval
Hey I think you have to inform them of these details. But hopefully someone more experienced will answer. Just wanted to say congrats :)

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Applied on Feb 6th, 2017
Received Background Schedule and Police certificate Request on March 7th, 2017
Received Med Request on March 7th, 2017
Medical Done on March 16th, 2017
Sponsorship Approval on March 15th, 2017
File Transfer to London on April 18th, 2017
Request of Passport on July 3rd, 2017
Congratulations :)

Samlia

Aug 29, 2014
Hey Guys, is it wise to send an email to LVO to ask about application status or is it too early for that? I sent my spouse application in December 2016.

Mah3r

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017

May 4- aor
May 10- Sa approval
No no don't do that mistake don't send your child birth certificate without your husband name on it . And yes u can add your husband name on the birth certificate even he's not in Canada there is a process to add him on the certificate
I have same story in my case but my wife add me on the certificate even I'm
Here in Pak she send me the documents and I signed and send it back to her so they add me on certificate.
Sending birth certificate without father. And on it make your case suspicious so don't take any chance

Reactions: Chailatte and MM345

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
SA : December 20th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
I have travelled with PIA, Etihad and Emirates. It depends on who is coming and how and what their needs are. PIA allows 2 bags of 28kg each (people have brought in as much as 30Kg easily; they did reduce it to 23Kg once, but since their flights declined they bumped it up to 28 again). Etihad and every other flight only allows 2 bags of 23 KG. Also an extra bag on PIA costs 110 USD, on Etihad and Emirates it costs you 225 USD if you tell the airlines 24 hours before (or maybe 48, I'm not sure). If you tell them on the airport the fee is more. PIA's rate is fixed, so you can go to the airport and just pay 110 USD and you are good. However there is no kind of in flight entertainment on PIA. They do have the system installed but it rarely works. On the other hand, Etihad and Emirates' have great in flight entertainment, and in addition to that you can plug your laptop in to the power outlet on your seat and use it during the whole flight (i watched mr robot while binge eating caramel popcorns :D)
Food of these middle east carriers is not that good. I love spicy food and theirs is not. I liked PIA's food though, however it comes less frequently. For first time travellers I would highly recommend PIA, since all you need to do is take the flight and boom you are in Canada. For all other air carriers you will be taking a connecting flight and landing in an airport where no one speaks your language, which is not fun for first time flyers (my sister lives in the UK and had a really bad experience with the Turkish airways, not with the flight itself, but her experience at the turkish airport was really bad. she was not flying for the first time. And I have heard stories of staff at turkish airport not knowing english, so you get lost easily). However I did not face such an issue with either emirates or etihad (my friend who lives in Montreal travels with qatar and he did not complain about such issue on the doha airport either)
Similarly if you have kids with you I would recommend PIA again as it can get hectic with kids when you have to have a long layover.
Perfect, that's very well explained, thanks. I live in Dubai so I can take Emirates direct flight to Toronto. They run twice a week. Just need to get some caramel popcorn now. Thanks guys.