File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Offic

flx2015 said:
i hope so. if the visa officer asks me for "proof of visit", i am going to lose my sh*t. first they keep my wife and i separated for this long, and then they have the nerve to ask me why i haven't visited her? they have all the details of my employment, including when i started and how many days off i'm allowed to take. let's see if they're able to put one and one together before asking me any questions.
I'm sure he won't and even if they do, you can explain that you can't due to work limitations. They will understand; they have to. Flx, if we can understand your situation, surely CIC will understand it too. Hang tight friend!

I've already used up portion of my vacation time from work for my recent trip to Pakistan (10 days visit :'() and I'm saving few days for when my kid starts school (single parenting sucks). We all just need reunionfication so all of us can start living our lives. This is really making me anxious and angry.

Also, I really hope people realize that we are all in this together. So please don't make it difficult then it already is with baseless comments and arguments.

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

What's gone is gone and nobody can change anything now...
So it's useless to even talk about it and panic ..
Just pray , wait and see what's coming our way..

ahmad shahbaz ahmad

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016

i am trying a lot daily for likning my application to this site via mycic but did not succeeded.
how can i check status of my application. on ecas it shows start processing on permanent resident application on august 2, 2016.

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ahmad shahbaz ahmad said:
i am trying a lot daily for likning my application to this site via mycic but did not succeeded.
how can i check status of my application. on ecas it shows start processing on permanent resident application on august 2, 2016.
did you receive any email or doc request from LVO?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013

flx2015 said:
i hope so. if the visa officer asks me for "proof of visit", i am going to lose my sh*t. first they keep my wife and i separated for this long, and then they have the nerve to ask me why i haven't visited her? they have all the details of my employment, including when i started and how many days off i'm allowed to take. let's see if they're able to put one and one together before asking me any questions.
don't worry too much about this.

I suggest you check out the forms you will be filling, check all the questions and start working on them.
Answer what is asked. A lot of times our people(pakistanis in general) have poor understanding and do not answer what's asked in the questions but tell everything else. It frustrates the officers and then they supply papers where dates, spellings, etc are different or wrong.

I also agree with what Red.Rose said, people emphasise too much on quantity rather than quality and proper procedure. Our religion and culture tell us to be simple and do the required-only procedures, but some of our people do the whole Hindu-culture thing instead of keeping it simple.

Whoever attends you can say they did. If someone didn't, explain in a letter why not. Simple as that.
I advise you to include a letter detailing each ceremoney, function etc and who attended, who didn't. So the VO gets the picture/summary by reading your accompanying letter. Get the docs ready, everything in English(translation if necessary), etc. Make duplicate copies of original degrees, etc as some people face issues in getting originals back so don't forget that.
We didn't even bother to change my wife's lastname to mine we just let hers be used, only change we did was in her NICOP instead of fathers name it says now husbands name. That is the only change necessary everything else pretty much takes care of itself.

File a good, easy to understand application and it will go fast. Make it complicated and not-specific and it will be delayed.
good luck

Reactions: avatarkyoshi

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013

Red.Rose said:
I feel for you flx2015. Don't get bogged down with what you read on the forum. The fact that your family did not go to Pakistan for the wedding is NOT a problem if you explained it extremely well. And knowing you, I'm sure you did. People have families that are dispersed around the world and OBVIOUSLY you cannot expect people to attend a wedding by leaving their schedules and lives in an instance. Weddings are held on specific dates, they are not things that go on for months like sales, where you have a large period of time to find some free time and go attend it. Furthermore, weddings are often held with urgency, what if a girls parents are both very sick and want their daughter to get married ASAP, would they wait around for EACH AND EVERY family member to find free time and then make all the arrangements? Of course not!

Main point is this, if your immediate family, parents/siblings attended the event (and even if someone from this category missed and a legitimate reason was behind it), then its fine. Asad A also makes a good point that it depends on the visa office. A lot of people become arrogant when their files are accepted. They think that its because they have something special. I know a girl who went to Pak for ONLY 10 days. She met her future husband 2 days before the Nikah, got married and had the rukhsati same day. NO Mehndi, walima etc. Was her case strong? NO! But she got a good visa officer who did not even ask for additional docs!

And this thing has been in me for a long period of time and I wanted to get it out. Do you know who's fault it is when the visa officers have a sheet of paper telling them what to check when they get a case? Like the wedding ceremonies, dresses, customs? IT'S OUR FAULT. It's the people who have applied before, who are applying now and who will apply in the future. THEY HAVE MADE marriage into a set of steps that must be taken in order for it to be LEGITIMATE. Such as mehndi, bride make up, rukhsati, Quran over head, and so on. This is our fault. When Pakistani people send in their applications, instead of emphasizing things that CANNOT be faked like how you and your spouse feel about each other, what you talk about, what your thoughts are about politics, music, literature, life in general, THESE People emphasize things like "mehndi dance, mehndi cups holding henna, rukhsati, Quran over head, milk in a cup and so on". What do you think the officers will believe is true about this culture when 99% of people do these things in order to make their relationship seem "genuine". And ironically enough, these are the very things that can be faked. How hard is it to get 100 people (actors) to attend a marriage dressed up? Not very hard when your intention is to get to Canada by lying. Hasn't anyone ever seen a bollywood movie? How real does that marriage look in the movies yet we all know they are fake!

Basically my point is this, it is our own fault that we have given these officers a stupid list of cultural things that we do and they think that this list is carved in stone and every relationship should be judged based on it. We are screwing each other over, our own brothers, sisters and Pakistanis.
i wholeheartedly agree, it's like they expect a Hindu wedding ceremony instead of a simple/Muslim ceremony.
This whole culture sham is really stupid, since a lot of culture/norms are still from hindu-era and got nothing to do with islam and simplicity.
Pakistanis(a lot of them) are still trying to showoff, etc display wealth etc which makes others/simple look bad or fake

Reactions: avatarkyoshi

haq ali

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 JULY 2015
Doc's Request.
24 NOV 2015 SENT 24 DEC 2015
File Transfer...
30 SEP 2015
Med's Request
NO
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
SOON INSHA ALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
INSHA ALLAH SOON
LANDED..........
INSHA ALLAH SOON

AsadA said:
"what kind of a crazy visa officer would expect"
A lot of questions can be raised

Many couples have kids together and the officers are worried: is the relationship genuine?
I know many cases, application refused, where the couple has kids in common? What is that?
what is the point in asking URDU nikah nama, its English translation and then Nikah nama issued from Nadra, All three means same
They have staff who understand URDU working for them (they even know about clothes, culture and traditions), why they ask for the English translation of the URDU Nikah Nama
One can marry and sponsor a spouse who has never been to school, what is the purpose for asking the original academic certificates from the sponsored person
Why are they asking about the participants and their numbers? What if a couple decides to go for a court marriage? Is that illegal? Are they not considered as married couple?
What if one decides not to marry in traditional style? Do they want that every one should marry following traditions?
Why presence of parents of a couple is mandatory at the marriage? What if one decides to marry against the will of his/her parents? Is this illegal?
And many more things that I don't understand

Finally, I'm not an immigration expert. I can be wrong completely.
Dear you raised really good questions not only you but most of pakistani people can't understand this.they are only showing us that they know our tradition but not. TRADITION is same but situation can be different for everyone. they follow our tradition only for find RED FLAGS. i think anyone can raised these all kind of questions to the authorities.

haq ali

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 JULY 2015
Doc's Request.
24 NOV 2015 SENT 24 DEC 2015
File Transfer...
30 SEP 2015
Med's Request
NO
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
SOON INSHA ALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
INSHA ALLAH SOON
LANDED..........
INSHA ALLAH SOON

flx2015 said:
Dear FIX you do not need to worry about this if they ask you for the visit .if your employer give you a letter you can simply show them your employer letter that you are not allowed to take leave from your job and show them your annul leaves with explanation that you are responsible for your family.i don't think so they will give you any trouble for this.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

thank you for the support everyone. didn't mean to come across as harsh. may allah make the wait easier for all of us.

F-Ray

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi, i applied in June 28, 2016 and got AOR in August 29, 2016.

Any one else is having the same time line?

thanks

overness

May 26, 2016

RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE - PRINCIPLE APPLICANT

This is supposed to be filled by the applicant (spouse being sponsored) and I have a question about question 12 which asks about sponsor's complete history of employment in canada. I am the sponsor and I have worked student jobs in the past before my full time jobs but I dont remember the dates for my part-time student jobs. These jobs were 10-12 years ago..

What is suggested by fellow members?

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16

overness said:
RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE - PRINCIPLE APPLICANT

This is supposed to be filled by the applicant (spouse being sponsored) and I have a question about question 12 which asks about sponsor's complete history of employment in canada. I am the sponsor and I have worked student jobs in the past before my full time jobs but I dont remember the dates for my part-time student jobs. These jobs were 10-12 years ago..

What is suggested by fellow members?
Write approximate dates, and attach an additional sheet explaining your uncertainty on this matter. That is what I did.

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Vi

flx2015 said:
oh really.

all my relatives live in North America. only my parents and grandfather came with me to pakistan, so i had 3 people from my side but my wife had a lot more from her side. so now im screwed because all of my uncles and aunties and cousins didn't leave their jobs and their schools just to fly to pakistan and attend my wedding?

and i only got to spend 4-5 days with my wife after the nikkah because most canadian employers only give 10 vacation days per year. so my wife is screwed now because I couldn't fly over to pakistan and squat there for months like everyone else does? don't you guys have jobs? and no, i CANT visit her because of the same problem: vacation days. trust me i would love to leave my job for her but then who pays the bills? lastly, what about sponsors who are PRs and can't leave canada without risking their application? are they screwed too?
Your case is exactly like mine flx, though i went for 3 weeks but i stayed with ny wife for only 5-6 days after wedding since i had to return to work. I asked my lawyer and he said it shouldnt be a problem but did state that i should have stayed longer cause some immigration officers can question it. I argued the same thing and he said because its ur wedding and important day in ur life they expect you to spend some more time than 5-6 days. He said it all depends on the immigration officer who works on ur file if he decides to make an issue of it he can if not then not...so lets hope they are smart enough to understand this

mf1987

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016

Hi All,

Just a minor query,

in case of pregnancy, do we need to inform the CIC about the case. does this make the case strong or any benefit to speed up the case.

my sponsor is in Pakistan,
case filed on 20th May, SA= 27th July 16.

In case we have to inform CIC about the scenario, then whats the procedure.
please guide.

Thanks