File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Hi everyone, got the ppr yesterday, Nov 15th (see my timeline in my signature), thank God. Finally. It's been a long journey. Hope this spreads some hope and sincerely wishing that everyone else is reunited with their spouses very soon.

I also have 2 questions:

1.) How long should I expect it to take to get the passport stamped with the visa and returned? We plan to have it picked up in person. Anyone have any experience or idea of how long it takes with the Lahore Visa Application Centre?

2.) When should I book tickets? It looks like even just one-way tickets from Pak to Canada are insanely expensive for most of this month and December, and if I wait the full 4 weeks for the passport to come back, then won't it just be more expensive to book a ticket closer to the actual date? Should I book tickets 4 weeks from now to avoid price hikes in already expensive tickets, or just wait?

EDIT: Also, I have noticed that there are some people who got their pre-arrival letter and they have waited for longer than a week to receive the PPR--maybe try checking any other email you used in your application? Because I got the ppr request in different email from the one in which I usually received updates. In fact, my ppr request letter ONLY showed up in that email, it still hasn't even updated in Gc key yet.

So if you are waiting for that PPR and you have already received the pre-arrival letter, make sure you also check any other emails you had also included in your application to contact you, or your representative, or your spouse! Because the request could only be showing up in one email right now, and you actually have 30 days from the receipt of that email to submit the passport.
And just to add a bit more to this.

Pre-Arrival letter is an automated system step that happens when the officer changes your status to eligible. Keep in mind that between being eligible and passport request is the background check and in some cases the medical. Both of these processes take time that can range from as quick as two weeks all the way up to month or even a year+ depending on the country of origin, name and birthdate matches with suspect people, medical processing including doctor office delays in uploading into eMedical, and case load at the VO.

Just because someone gets the pre-arrival letter, does not necessarily mean PPR is right around the corner, it is great when it does happen but it is not necessarily what normally happens. Point in fact, I received pre-arrival in March and my file was at decision made a week ago, and I still have to wait for virtual landing which right now takes on average of up to 2 months depending on the visa office. Please have patience and know that for most, the process does take a fairly long time right now.

Reactions: Patientlywaiting...

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
I looked at my only other email address and also told my mrs to keep a check on hers too so far nothing.. not so much annoyed as much as being anxious and stressed that you say decision made but then wht is the decision who knows .. I just hope it's good news. I am even in daily contact with my Immigration consultant who are my representative and they said nothing on their end yet they will email the London visa office .. I tried calling Immigration canada on the telephone number provided only once had I gotten through and even they said nothing they can do. Nothing in the email or by courier so just a waiting game unfortunately.
Always keeping a look out on emails now more so .. fingers crossed.
Hello, First of all congratulation to you, happy to hear that. I also applied in 2nd week of Jan 2022 but after medical in August 2022 there isn't any further update so far. In my opinion you are lucky to have your app done in less than a year. Cheers to you and your spouse.
Good luck to both of you and I hope your apps move along quickly now! Yes the timing for getting the ppr after prearrival varies for everyone based on numerous factors like when they did their medical etc., but it's now November, you're approaching the 1 year mark, and lots of people are starting to get updates now, so yes fingers crossed!
Congratulaion brother. That gives us hope too. Were you an inland or outland applicant?
Outland.

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022

Pre-Arrival letter is an automated system step that happens when the officer changes your status to eligible. Keep in mind that between being eligible and passport request is the background check and in some cases the medical. Both of these processes take time that can range from as quick as two weeks all the way up to month or even a year+ depending on the country of origin, name and birthdate matches with suspect people, medical processing including doctor office delays in uploading into eMedical, and case load at the VO.

Just because someone gets the pre-arrival letter, does not necessarily mean PPR is right around the corner, it is great when it does happen but it is not necessarily what normally happens. Point in fact, I received pre-arrival in March and my file was at decision made a week ago, and I still have to wait for virtual landing which right now takes on average of up to 2 months depending on the visa office. Please have patience and know that for most, the process does take a fairly long time right now.
True, thanks for all this helpful information, and I hope these last steps of your app move along quickly now! Best of luck.

Reactions: BCTechy

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022

Thanks dear for the useful thoughts. Yes, in theory, you are right (and of course theory is implemented sometimes). But my thinking is that what happened in your case i.e. eight months since pre arrival, is not an every day phenomon. May be you were given early pre arrival (within 3 months of applying?) because of the situation in your homeland, Ukraine, to keep your hope high. I think for the 80% of the apps, PPR is sent within 60 days of the pre arrival letter. That is just what I figured out ftom the input of the members of the forum.

Last edited:

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021

very true. because i got pre-arrival in january 2022 and i am still waiting for ppr :(

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi everyone, got the ppr yesterday, Nov 15th (see my timeline in my signature), thank God. Finally. It's been a long journey. Hope this spreads some hope and sincerely wishing that everyone else is reunited with their spouses very soon.

I also have 2 questions:

1.) How long should I expect it to take to get the passport stamped with the visa and returned? We plan to have it picked up in person. Anyone have any experience or idea of how long it takes with the Lahore Visa Application Centre?

2.) When should I book tickets? It looks like even just one-way tickets from Pak to Canada are insanely expensive for most of this month and December, and if I wait the full 4 weeks for the passport to come back, then won't it just be more expensive to book a ticket closer to the actual date? Should I book tickets 4 weeks from now to avoid price hikes in already expensive tickets, or just wait?

EDIT: Also, I have noticed that there are some people who got their pre-arrival letter and they have waited for longer than a week to receive the PPR--maybe try checking any other email you used in your application? Because I got the ppr request in different email from the one in which I usually received updates. In fact, my ppr request letter ONLY showed up in that email, it still hasn't even updated in Gc key yet.

So if you are waiting for that PPR and you have already received the pre-arrival letter, make sure you also check any other emails you had also included in your application to contact you, or your representative, or your spouse! Because the request could only be showing up in one email right now, and you actually have 30 days from the receipt of that email to submit the passport.
MashaAllah - just 11 months. Thats really great news. Hope everything goes smooth.
About tickets. Not sure what's the latest date you can land in Canada. I guess they give 3 months to land from the date of visa stamp. Not sure if that's still the case. But the prices starts to go down after mid January. At this moment, the prices will be pretty high, unfortunately.

Reactions: Patientlywaiting...

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
no reason just waiting blindly. no response on webforms, no call and MP could not help.
Salams Brother. Sorry to hear about the delay. MP or CIC call center - they all are same, they will simply tell you what may be holding up the application. Usually MPs are able to get that info (if they want). who is your MP by the way?
Usually one of the reason for delay is background check. When any of the applicants have lived in many countries, prior coming to Canada - or when application moves from VO to another VO - then CIC takes their sweet time (read: Delay) in clearing those applications.
Regardless - you are getting near to the 24month mark. I'd say again bug your MP to know what is causing the delay. I am hopeful and positive that soon inshaAllah, one of these days, you will get that email in your inbox - from IRCC.

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Salams Brother. Sorry to hear about the delay. MP or CIC call center - they all are same, they will simply tell you what may be holding up the application. Usually MPs are able to get that info (if they want). who is your MP by the way?
Usually one of the reason for delay is background check. When any of the applicants have lived in many countries, prior coming to Canada - or when application moves from VO to another VO - then CIC takes their sweet time (read: Delay) in clearing those applications.
Regardless - you are getting near to the 24month mark. I'd say again bug your MP to know what is causing the delay. I am hopeful and positive that soon inshaAllah, one of these days, you will get that email in your inbox - from IRCC.
Thank you for enlightened me with positive hope. we are trying to contact MP. our MP is Pam Damoff from burlington, Oakville. hope they will get information this week.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Thank you for enlightened me with positive hope. we are trying to contact MP. our MP is Pam Damoff from burlington, Oakville. hope they will get information this week.
I have personal experience with 2 different MPs - one here in Mississauga (iqra khalid) and another from Calgary (for a family member's immigration). The MP in Calgary, in the beginning didn't seem to be motivated to help. But at least he called us. In the email we wrote to him, we were brief and precise. We just asked if there is a document or any action that is required by us, which may be causing this delay. Can you please check with CIC what do they need from us to take our application to the next step.

And surprisingly, we got call from him - and he was apologetic saying that nothing was required from you, the case officer just did not look at your file. And within span of 2 months, couple of actions were completed by CIC. Im sure MPs do not have any power over CIC. But I guess, when MPs call in to inquire about a file that may be ignored for some unexplained reason, it brings case offcer's attention back to those files as well.

So I hope inshaAllah after your call/email communication with the MP - you start to hear back from CiC.

• Love
Reactions: Shukaib Ahmed

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
T
I have personal experience with 2 different MPs - one here in Mississauga (iqra khalid) and another from Calgary (for a family member's immigration). The MP in Calgary, in the beginning didn't seem to be motivated to help. But at least he called us. In the email we wrote to him, we were brief and precise. We just asked if there is a document or any action that is required by us, which may be causing this delay. Can you please check with CIC what do they need from us to take our application to the next step.

And surprisingly, we got call from him - and he was apologetic saying that nothing was required from you, the case officer just did not look at your file. And within span of 2 months, couple of actions were completed by CIC. Im sure MPs do not have any power over CIC. But I guess, when MPs call in to inquire about a file that may be ignored for some unexplained reason, it brings case offcer's attention back to those files as well.

So I hope inshaAllah after your call/email communication with the MP - you start to hear back from CiC.
Thank you so much for your help. I hope mp will reply soon inshaAllah

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
So since Nov 4th after seeing Decision made on cic ecas site we are STILL anxiously waiting on what the DECISION is ... it's soo nerve wrecking .. this Friday it will be a full 3 weeks

My Immigration consultant sent out a web form got the generic reply that they are backlogged and will get back to us.

How does one wait wondering what the decision is ..

Erum.shahzadi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hello,

If you could please provide some guidance.

My brother is the sponsor and he has applied for his wife, who resides in Pakistan, for sponsorship.
Application was received by london visa office in june, biometrics have been completed and approved.
Today they have sent the letter for medical.
My brother visited his wife in march (which we included in the travel history form when we applied in may)
He visited her again in october 2022 and she is also expecting. Should i update that info on the gckey account?
how do i upload documents?
so far i have BOARDING PASSES/AIRLINE TICKETS of my brother, photos they took on their trip, and a updated travel history form and his wife's medical report of positive pregnancy. I have combined all that in one pdf.

Is there anything else i need to provide. Is it necessary to provide all this even though they have asked for medical?
please advise.

Thank you.