+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Once again, thank you for taking your time to respond thoughtfully and thoroughly on the matter and exploring all angles. I agree that applying for spousal visa followed by student visa application, has higher chances of risking her entry into Canada entirely. So I'll either apply for student visa, get her in and then start the inland spousal visa application OR simply apply for spousal visa and wait.

Since I'm working from home, I was thinking of moving to Pakistan and living there till she gets the visa on her passport - but I heard on this forum that's not advisable - as visa officer can say that I have left Canada and I'm not living in Canada anymore.
No problem, happy to help. If you are a Permanent Resident then it is advisable not to leave the country for trips to Pakistan longer than a month or so (I'm not sure about the time but there is a limit). Being a permanent resident means there is a limit to how long you can stay outside Canada without it jeopardizing your spousal sponsorship application, which is why people caution against it.

But if you are a Canadian citizen then you can stay in Pakistan with your wife while waiting for the visa as long as you want, although be careful not to state that you are "LIVING" in Pakistan as then you will be considered a Canadian citizen residing outside of Canada. There's no need to mention on your app that you are "residing" in Pakistan. You can still be residing in Canada and applying for spousal sponsorship while you are temporarily visiting your wife in Pakistan after marriage.

Edit: You can also go to Pakistan in December and get married, spend some time there for 2-3 months, and then come back to Canada, and then at some later point while your application is being processed, you can go back to Pakistan for a visit. Going for a visit again can also strengthen the authenticity of the relationship you're showing (you can add to your app later that you went for a visit), although this may not be so necessary depending on what you submitted in evidence for your relationship.

Just make sure to apply for the spousal sponsorship application as soon as you can after marriage.

Last edited:

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Can i travel to Canada while my husband is waiting for his visa?
Will it effect his visa process?
May you please be more clear in your question? Are you the principal applicant and the husband the sponsor? And does your husband not have permanent residency in Canada yet? Or did you mean to ask can you travel to Pakistan from Canada?

khushboo12121

Apr 23, 2022
May you please be more clear in your question? Are you the principal applicant and the husband the sponsor? And does your husband not have permanent residency in Canada yet? Or did you mean to ask can you travel to Pakistan from Canada?
im the sponsor. i wanna go back to Canada while my husband is waiting for his visa
Im a canadian citizen, living in Pakistan with my husband. I meant to say that can i go back to Canada while my husband is waiting for his visa?

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
So I get a 2nd medical request for my mrs as 1st one was expired .. 1 week after submitting medical we get another email saying passport of my mrs on file is expired so we uploaded renewed passport and 1 week after which was yesterdsay i check the ecas apllication status and I see a decision made on the ecas application site .. when I click on it it just gives the last update about doc request which we provided .. is this a good thing ? When should I get the decision on Monday? This is sooo nerve wrenching that it says decision made but what is the decision I don't know I applied through my Immigration consults and I called them they even said we have to wait.... does anyone know how long it takes after seeing decision made and what is next steps for happy path ..

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
Hello folks, my wife got her pre arrival services letter on Nov 28 i.e. a week ago. Now we are just wondering that how long further will it take b4 she gets PPR. Actually we wann book our flights for Dec 08 in a hope that PPR will arrive latest by Nov 28 (i.e. a month after pre arrival letter) and by Dec 05, visa will be stamped in her passport. Her medical expiry is on Feb 02, 2023. Please advise on the risk involved in that plan.

Reactions: Patientlywaiting...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello folks, my wife got her pre arrival services letter on Nov 28 i.e. a week ago. Now we are just wondering that how long further will it take b4 she gets PPR. Actually we wann book our flights for Dec 08 in a hope that PPR will arrive latest by Nov 28 (i.e. a month after pre arrival letter) and by Dec 05, visa will be stamped in her passport. Her medical expiry is on Feb 02, 2023. Please advise on the risk involved in that plan.
In the best case scenario that would be somewhat tight. Pre-arrival does not mean/confirm that PPR will come in weeks (although it does happen, it's not at all guaranteed).

I don't follow closely, but I think for most offices, 2-4 weeks to submit passport (AFTER PPR) and get visa / copr back is normal. There probably are places where it is much quicker and cases where it has happened but not reliably so (from what I have seen).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
...and I see a decision made on the ecas application site .. when I click on it it just gives the last update about doc request which we provided .. is this a good thing ? When should I get the decision on Monday?
Monday would be very fast. It can be months. From description of your case shouldn't be that long, but you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you assume any step at IRCC will happen overnight.

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
In the best case scenario that would be somewhat tight. Pre-arrival does not mean/confirm that PPR will come in weeks (although it does happen, it's not at all guaranteed).

I don't follow closely, but I think for most offices, 2-4 weeks to submit passport (AFTER PPR) and get visa / copr back is normal. There probably are places where it is much quicker and cases where it has happened but not reliably so (from what I have seen).
Dear Armoured. Many thanks for the kind response.

Reactions: armoured

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
Monday would be very fast. It can be months. From description of your case shouldn't be that long, but you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you assume any step at IRCC will happen overnight.
Thanks for the feedback ... I'd rather have cic tell us the decision rather making one wait anxiously stressing out for months as to what the decision is .. but nothing we can do now is to just wait it out n hope for the best.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your reply!
Just wanted to make it more clear, i applied for outland sponsorship l, i heard from people that if i leave pakistan without my husband , IRCC will delay this process even more. Is that true?
If you are the citizen and you are returning to Canada, no, not at all.

Moreover: you should update your address to Canada once you have arrived, and let them know (eg webform) that you have returned. This way the officer won't spend more time (hopefully) on the 'intent to return to Canada' stuff.

khushboo12121

Apr 23, 2022
If you are the citizen and you are returning to Canada, no, not at all.

Moreover: you should update your address to Canada once you have arrived, and let them know (eg webform) that you have returned. This way the officer won't spend more time (hopefully) on the 'intent to return to Canada' stuff.
Okay thank you so much!!!