+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Superhg04

Oct 4, 2022
From what I've heard from 2 different families who were in a similar situation, adding a child to PR application can extend your timeline quite a bit. I can't say how long but I know a family who has been waiting for 2 years now...
Oh wow That's not good news at all. Still hoping for the best though. So far there's been complete silence over our TRV application too

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Has your background check or eligibility been updated? Or still waiting on that as well. My timeline is very similar to yours. Have already had to send an updated PCC in June as first one expired. Also received GCMS notes in September that were dated for August 18th and basically said the same thing that Eligibility has not started. Biometric/medical complete and Info sharing complete and said criminality in progress then on another page it said not started so very confusing. From everything I have read and researched, just seems like Pakistani's are always waiting 1-2 years. I know of 2 Indian friends who applied after me in march and their spouses are already here (only difference being their file was with either New Delhi office or Ottawa. Whenever I have sent an email asking London visa office for an update, I have only received a generic copy/paste reply that it is waiting for it to be reviewed by an immigration officer and looking at the GCMS noted, no one from London Visa office has even attempted to look into the file yet. I 100% agree that family reunification should be their utmost priority and then everything else, but clearly Trudeau and the government just don't care. I keep seeing in the news how they are and have hired thousands of employees to help with the backlog but I guess that's all BS. Not to mention they refuse the TRV based on the reason for the visit, which was to see me and family (they did not believe that?) and 2nd reason was they did not think she would leave before the visa expires. Why wouldn't she leave if the visa is about to expire or ask for an extension, that is common sense, who would want to ruin the chances of PR by not leaving or extending. But just don't know what to do anymore, very disheartening.

Canadian Citizen Sponsoring PA from Pakistan (OUTLAND Application)
Current Visa Office: London.

Application Received: January 4th, 2022 (Paper Application)
Biometrics Request: none- Completed January 11th because also applied for TRV (Rejected TRV On February 23rd)
AOR: March 22nd, 2022
Sponsor Approval: April 11th, 2022
Transferred to LVO same day (was transferred to Ottawa Visa Office due to Work Load and like 10 days later sent it back to LVO)
Medical Request: June 12, 2022
Medical Completed: July 5th, 2022
Eligibility: Not started
Background Check: Not started

Pre-Arrival Letter: nothing
COPR # in PR Tracker: nothing
Passport Request: nothing
Sorry to hear about your struggles and can sympathize with the frustration you must feel. Hopefully inshaAllah we can still get our passport requests this year--we both have very similar timelines, I will post again when I get another update. And my background check and Eligibility are also still "Not Started" in PR Tracker. I usually have like 1-2 ghost updates per week in the tracker as well.

Manee00

Star Member
Oct 17, 2022
Sorry to hear about your struggles and can sympathize with the frustration you must feel. Hopefully inshaAllah we can still get our passport requests this year--we both have very similar timelines, I will post again when I get another update. And my background check and Eligibility are also still "Not Started" in PR Tracker. I usually have like 1-2 ghost updates per week in the tracker as well.
I too have a similar timeline. Application submitted January 25 2022 ( paper based)
Biometrics and medical done.
On the tracker eligibility and background is not started but I do get ghost updates often

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
What is going on with London Visa Office and processing applications from Pakistan? According to the spreadsheet, most of the Pakistanis who applied in December/November/October/September/August of last year STILL haven't updated that they've received their COPR/passport request. Is this just because people forgot to update it?

If that's the case, it would be very kind if people could actually update the spreadsheet with when they get any result back. You can find the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/htmlview#gid=2037240319

The whole purpose of this forum is to help others with the uncertainty of this whole application process. Maybe we just don't have a very kind and open group of sponsorship applicants from Pakistan this year? In past years it seems people were more supportive.

But what's more strange is that if you look at people who applied in 2021, like people who applied in March of 2021, a bunch of people were getting the whole process done in 6-9 months. In 2021, most Pakistani applicants did not wait for more than 3 months after medical for the passport request.

So assuming that the spreadsheet is updated, what's the hold up? It makes zero sense that because of the pandemic, they're slower this year. London Visa Office was faster last year during the pandemic with sponsorship applications! So why are they slower this year?! Makes no sense.

I don't want to join any Whatsapp group. But if there's some other spreadsheet where everyone is uploading their info that I'm not aware of, may someone please share it?

My guess is that this slowing down is because of the whole Imran Khan getting kicked out fiasco. Change in government. Another classic example of American imperialism, making life harder for the developing world who doesn't matter.

Maybe due to these rough political events, we've moved down in importance to the Canadian government. Plus we're not white Ukranians--Never mind the new corrupt Pakistani government destroying people's livelihoods and that there's been a flood of biblical proportions that's ravaged half of Pakistan. I guess this is just not one of the lucky years to have applied for sponsorship. The election of Trudeau was supposed to also ensure that family reunification was kept at the forefront, but this year is proving that was just to get his initial approval ratings and now he doesn't seem to care.

I'm going to remember this, liberal government. Seriously. You don't have my vote next time if my spouse is not here in less than one year.
Bro - you think Trudeau or Sean is reading this? More importantly - Yes, i agree. Its really helpful if everyone updates the tracker as soon as they get updates, or within a reasonable time. It helps everyone. I hope its not the London visa office, but perhaps everyone forgot to update the tracker.

Rkhan88

Oct 11, 2022
Inshallah. For sure will keep you posted as well. I'm also seeing 1-2 ghost updates in PR tracker weekly. The one thing that I did not understand about in the GCMS notes under eligibility and criminality that it had a "Due date section" and that was listed as April 11, 2023. I just hope they don't take that long to actually look at it until then. Few other posts mentioned that the due date is a reminder for the officer that will be reviewing, while others said it can be before or after the due date. Well, I guess its just a waiting game now.

Reactions: Patientlywaiting...

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I was wondering if someone with knowledge or first hand experience in any of the points mentioned below, can guide me:
#1-if a canadian citizen marries in pakistan, should the citizen apply for spouse visa from islamabad (right after marriage) or return back to Canada and apply from Canada? Is that Inland application?
#2-Previously, 4-5 years back, i recall that it was not possible for a Pakistani (or any) spouse to get TRV-Visitor visa, if spouse visa has already been applied. Is that still the case? Or are they giving it easily now?
#3-I've heard read here, that applicants are applying for Open Work Permit for their spouses once they get AOR. But does the education/profession of spouse (being sponsored) matters? Like if someone is teacher in pakistan - they are not going to be able to get a job in teaching. But perhaps some other job. Does that matter in applying for Open Work Permit? And are OWP being given in 4-5 months?
#4-Lastly, is it correct to assume that its taking almost 2 years (in most cases) to bring a Pakistani spouse to Canada on Spouse Visa?

Rkhan88

Oct 11, 2022
I was wondering if someone with knowledge or first hand experience in any of the points mentioned below, can guide me:
#1-if a canadian citizen marries in pakistan, should the citizen apply for spouse visa from islamabad (right after marriage) or return back to Canada and apply from Canada? Is that Inland application?
#2-Previously, 4-5 years back, i recall that it was not possible for a Pakistani (or any) spouse to get TRV-Visitor visa, if spouse visa has already been applied. Is that still the case? Or are they giving it easily now?
#3-I've heard read here, that applicants are applying for Open Work Permit for their spouses once they get AOR. But does the education/profession of spouse (being sponsored) matters? Like if someone is teacher in pakistan - they are not going to be able to get a job in teaching. But perhaps some other job. Does that matter in applying for Open Work Permit? And are OWP being given in 4-5 months?
#4-Lastly, is it correct to assume that its taking almost 2 years (in most cases) to bring a Pakistani spouse to Canada on Spouse Visa?
Hello,

1. You can apply for a TRV and Spousal sponsorship as that is considered dual intent and is allowed
2. It is still very difficult to get approval for TRV when applying for spousal sponsorship even though it is allowed- I would say 80-90% are rejected because they do not believe your spouse would go back at the end of the visa. (Had this happen to my wife)
3. I'm not sure about this one.
4. It really depends I'd say but looking at this forum and amongst other web research as well as some family and friends. it can definitely take that long. We are still waiting and applied Jan 4th 2022. Only Medical and Biometrics done- waiting on everything else.

M Naeem

Aug 11, 2022
Hey to all
Any one knows how much time LVO take to ask for Passport Request

I have applied in july 2021
Biometric done in dec 2021
Medical done in jan 2022
After that it’s totally silent
Today 22-10–2022
My file is transferred to london vissa office
My medical will expire in January .

Do anyone know about next procedure .?

ug1721

Mar 7, 2022
Category........
FAM
Hi
I stayed in Pakistan for over a year for my marriage. 7 months after marriage. Now back in canada Im looking for a job, meanwhile i have started working part time at walmat. I have citizenship.
now should i apply with that part time walmart job OR should i wait till i get a better job?
Would that part time job have an effect on my eligibility as a sponsor?

kindly guide me
Thanks

ug1721

Mar 7, 2022
Category........
FAM
1. I preferred coming back to Canada and then apply. Applying from Pakistan would have made me “not residing in canada” and i thought that might complicate things. Thats why I preferred coming back.

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Hi
I stayed in Pakistan for over a year for my marriage. 7 months after marriage. Now back in canada Im looking for a job, meanwhile i have started working part time at walmat. I have citizenship.
now should i apply with that part time walmart job OR should i wait till i get a better job?
Would that part time job have an effect on my eligibility as a sponsor?

kindly guide me
Thanks
No, for spousal sponsorship they do not factor in your financial standing or job. Your job does not affect eligibility or any other aspect of application like processing time, it is irrelevant. You should get started on the sponsorship application now and submit it ASAP--Completing the application itself involves many steps as there are many sections to complete and you have to compile various things like evidence for your relationship etc. Completing the app is a long process involving great care, because mistakes can also slow down processing of your application. Do not delay, because processing of spousal sponsorship applications for Pakistani applicants have already slowed down since last year and the process is now usually taking at least one year and for many has taken 2 years. Honestly I think you already waited way too long (7 months) to start sponsorship process. You should have submitted your application shortly after your marriage.

Reactions: ug1721

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Any Nov -dec 2021 applicants receive anything after their medical yet?
I know someone who applied in late Dec 2021 and they are still in same stage as me (I applied in early Jan 2022). Both our medicals were passed in June and nothing after that. My guess is that passport requests will come when we get closer to exactly 1 year total processing time, as has been the case with a few other Pakistani applicants I have seen on this forum. But that's my optimistic guess, honestly.