+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

SGSG

Mar 16, 2022
No I didnt get reply to my email.

even raised a webform and same no reply.

What is your status?
Yes I emailed them on Sept 27 and got an answer on Oct. 6. Currently waiting for medical instructions.
I think you will get an answer from them very soon. They usually take 7-10 days to respond to emails. I have a good feeling that you will get PPR very soon. Please keep us posted! =)

Reactions: Uzzi

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Yes I emailed them on Sept 27 and got an answer on Oct. 6. Currently waiting for medical instructions.
I think you will get an answer from them very soon. They usually take 7-10 days to respond to emails. I have a good feeling that you will get PPR very soon. Please keep us posted! =)
I hope you also get medical and pre arrival soon. Thank you! :)

Which email address did you sent to? I even raised a webform but no reply to my email nor webform (its beyond 7-10 days). It will be a month on 17th Oct since I got DM and copr document. :c

SGSG

Mar 16, 2022

Which email address did you sent to? I even raised a webform but no reply to my email nor webform (its beyond 7-10 days). It will be a month on 17th Oct since I got DM and copr document. :c
I sent an email to ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

Question : I was reading regarding the medical exam. Some medical centers uses emedical. Do you know if Lahore IME uses emedical to upload the results? We are planning to select the IME center where they give emedical copy. What do you recommend or can you share your experience?

Rkhan88

Oct 11, 2022
I sent an email to ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

Question : I was reading regarding the medical exam. Some medical centers uses emedical. Do you know if Lahore IME uses emedical to upload the results? We are planning to select the IME center where they give emedical copy. What do you recommend or can you share your experience?
Hello,

Yes, Lahore IME Center does use E-medical. My wife had done her medical there on July 5th and it was updated in the tracker July 9th. You would not need to do anything once you finish the medical and the Doctor tells you right away whether you passed or failed.

Reactions: Patientlywaiting...

SGSG

Mar 16, 2022
Hello,

Yes, Lahore IME Center does use E-medical. My wife had done her medical there on July 5th and it was updated in the tracker July 9th. You would not need to do anything once you finish the medical and the Doctor tells you right away whether you passed or failed.
Thank you so much. Did they give you a copy of the emedical or did you request one? Not sure if we should ask them to give us the copy. Also how was the experience at the Lahore IME?

Rkhan88

Oct 11, 2022
Thank you so much. Did they give you a copy of the emedical or did you request one? Not sure if we should ask them to give us the copy. Also how was the experience at the Lahore IME?
No there was no copy given, just the receipt for the payment. I'm Sure you can request it. The experience was good- They only let the person who has the examination inside, I couldn't go. It was quiet long due to wait times and multiple tests. Appointment was for 9:00am and she finished around 1:00pm

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
What is going on with London Visa Office and processing applications from Pakistan? According to the spreadsheet, most of the Pakistanis who applied in December/November/October/September/August of last year STILL haven't updated that they've received their COPR/passport request. Is this just because people forgot to update it?

If that's the case, it would be very kind if people could actually update the spreadsheet with when they get any result back. You can find the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/htmlview#gid=2037240319

The whole purpose of this forum is to help others with the uncertainty of this whole application process. Maybe we just don't have a very kind and open group of sponsorship applicants from Pakistan this year? In past years it seems people were more supportive.

But what's more strange is that if you look at people who applied in 2021, like people who applied in March of 2021, a bunch of people were getting the whole process done in 6-9 months. In 2021, most Pakistani applicants did not wait for more than 3 months after medical for the passport request.

So assuming that the spreadsheet is updated, what's the hold up? It makes zero sense that because of the pandemic, they're slower this year. London Visa Office was faster last year during the pandemic with sponsorship applications! So why are they slower this year?! Makes no sense.

I don't want to join any Whatsapp group. But if there's some other spreadsheet where everyone is uploading their info that I'm not aware of, may someone please share it?

My guess is that this slowing down is because of the whole Imran Khan getting kicked out fiasco. Change in government. Another classic example of American imperialism, making life harder for the developing world who doesn't matter.

Maybe due to these rough political events, we've moved down in importance to the Canadian government. Plus we're not white Ukranians--Never mind the new corrupt Pakistani government destroying people's livelihoods and that there's been a flood of biblical proportions that's ravaged half of Pakistan. I guess this is just not one of the lucky years to have applied for sponsorship. The election of Trudeau was supposed to also ensure that family reunification was kept at the forefront, but this year is proving that was just to get his initial approval ratings and now he doesn't seem to care.

I'm going to remember this, liberal government. Seriously. You don't have my vote next time if my spouse is not here in less than one year.

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022

I think you should get the passport request soon, because according to the current trend I can see from the spreadsheet and this forum, it looks like the fastest this whole process is being completed is exactly 1 year. You applied in Oct 2021 and if they're working on your app now, you should hopefully get a reply this month.

Rkhan88

Oct 11, 2022
What is going on with London Visa Office and processing applications from Pakistan? According to the spreadsheet, most of the Pakistanis who applied in December/November/October/September/August of last year STILL haven't updated that they've received their COPR/passport request. Is this just because people forgot to update it?

If that's the case, it would be very kind if people could actually update the spreadsheet with when they get any result back. You can find the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/htmlview#gid=2037240319

The whole purpose of this forum is to help others with the uncertainty of this whole application process. Maybe we just don't have a very kind and open group of sponsorship applicants from Pakistan this year? In past years it seems people were more supportive.

But what's more strange is that if you look at people who applied in 2021, like people who applied in March of 2021, a bunch of people were getting the whole process done in 6-9 months. In 2021, most Pakistani applicants did not wait for more than 3 months after medical for the passport request.

So assuming that the spreadsheet is updated, what's the hold up? It makes zero sense that because of the pandemic, they're slower this year. London Visa Office was faster last year during the pandemic with sponsorship applications! So why are they slower this year?! Makes no sense.

I don't want to join any Whatsapp group. But if there's some other spreadsheet where everyone is uploading their info that I'm not aware of, may someone please share it?

My guess is that this slowing down is because of the whole Imran Khan getting kicked out fiasco. Change in government. Another classic example of American imperialism, making life harder for the developing world who doesn't matter.

Maybe due to these rough political events, we've moved down in importance to the Canadian government. Plus we're not white Ukranians--Never mind the new corrupt Pakistani government destroying people's livelihoods and that there's been a flood of biblical proportions that's ravaged half of Pakistan. I guess this is just not one of the lucky years to have applied for sponsorship. The election of Trudeau was supposed to also ensure that family reunification was kept at the forefront, but this year is proving that was just to get his initial approval ratings and now he doesn't seem to care.

I'm going to remember this, liberal government. Seriously. You don't have my vote next time if my spouse is not here in less than one year.

Has your background check or eligibility been updated? Or still waiting on that as well. My timeline is very similar to yours. Have already had to send an updated PCC in June as first one expired. Also received GCMS notes in September that were dated for August 18th and basically said the same thing that Eligibility has not started. Biometric/medical complete and Info sharing complete and said criminality in progress then on another page it said not started so very confusing. From everything I have read and researched, just seems like Pakistani's are always waiting 1-2 years. I know of 2 Indian friends who applied after me in march and their spouses are already here (only difference being their file was with either New Delhi office or Ottawa. Whenever I have sent an email asking London visa office for an update, I have only received a generic copy/paste reply that it is waiting for it to be reviewed by an immigration officer and looking at the GCMS noted, no one from London Visa office has even attempted to look into the file yet. I 100% agree that family reunification should be their utmost priority and then everything else, but clearly Trudeau and the government just don't care. I keep seeing in the news how they are and have hired thousands of employees to help with the backlog but I guess that's all BS. Not to mention they refuse the TRV based on the reason for the visit, which was to see me and family (they did not believe that?) and 2nd reason was they did not think she would leave before the visa expires. Why wouldn't she leave if the visa is about to expire or ask for an extension, that is common sense, who would want to ruin the chances of PR by not leaving or extending. But just don't know what to do anymore, very disheartening.

Canadian Citizen Sponsoring PA from Pakistan (OUTLAND Application)
Current Visa Office: London.

Application Received: January 4th, 2022 (Paper Application)
Biometrics Request: none- Completed January 11th because also applied for TRV (Rejected TRV On February 23rd)
AOR: March 22nd, 2022
Sponsor Approval: April 11th, 2022
Transferred to LVO same day (was transferred to Ottawa Visa Office due to Work Load and like 10 days later sent it back to LVO)
Medical Request: June 12, 2022
Medical Completed: July 5th, 2022
Eligibility: Not started
Background Check: Not started

Pre-Arrival Letter: nothing
COPR # in PR Tracker: nothing
Passport Request: nothing

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013

Your guesses are wrong, Yes London Visa office was good in 2021, Usually they were sending medicals in 5 Months and Approvals were in 6-9 Months until September. In September 2021 Afghanistan Situation kicked off and Applications received after in September and later were put on hold. Further worsening the situation Ukraine war kicked off and London Visa Office was tasked with processing Temprory applications for them. In the past 7 months London Visa Office alone has processed more than 100k applications as Its closest to europe. That's not just LVO but Warsaw Poland office was also flooded with applications from Ukraine. So the main reason is War Situations not PAKISTAN.

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Your guesses are wrong, Yes London Visa office was good in 2021, Usually they were sending medicals in 5 Months and Approvals were in 6-9 Months until September. In September 2021 Afghanistan Situation kicked off and Applications received after in September and later were put on hold. Further worsening the situation Ukraine war kicked off and London Visa Office was tasked with processing Temprory applications for them. In the past 7 months London Visa Office alone has processed more than 100k applications as Its closest to europe. That's not just LVO but Warsaw Poland office was also flooded with applications from Ukraine. So the main reason is War Situations not PAKISTAN.
Yeah, you are right that the new Pakistani government probably isn't the main reason. It likely is the war situation mainly...but that doesn't get rid of the unfairness of Pakistani applicants getting the brunt of these war-related delays while applicants from a bunch of other countries are still getting their passports in 6-9 months. India is one such example (and I know the visa office is New Delhi).

But if London Visa Office is so busy processing Ukrainian refugee applications, then why doesn't a different less busy visa office handle applications from Pakistan? I don't see how that's not possible.

It honestly just seems like they have an immigration quota for each year and as I alluded to in my original post, they are simply choosing to prioritize Ukrainian refugees over Pakistani applicants who need to be reunited with their families.

Some countries had to take the consequences of this huge influx of Ukrainian refugees...and so the Canadian government decided that they'd be ok with letting Pakistani applications be slowed down.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, you are right that the new Pakistani government probably isn't the main reason. It likely is the war situation mainly...but that doesn't get rid of the unfairness of Pakistani applicants getting the brunt of these war-related delays while applicants from a bunch of other countries are still getting their passports in 6-9 months. India is one such example (and I know the visa office is New Delhi).

But if London Visa Office is so busy processing Ukrainian refugee applications, then why doesn't a different less busy visa office handle applications from Pakistan? I don't see how that's not possible.

It honestly just seems like they have an immigration quota for each year and as I alluded to in my original post, they are simply choosing to prioritize Ukrainian refugees over Pakistani applicants who need to be reunited with their families.

Some countries had to take the consequences of this huge influx of Ukrainian refugees...and so the Canadian government decided that they'd be ok with letting Pakistani applications be slowed down.
I raised this concern with the Minister officer that why don't they transfer files to less busier office if LVO is Busy. Here is the response:

With regard to your request for this application to be transferred to another visa office for processing, Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) define where an application must be submitted, however, they do not stipulate where an application must be processed. In this context, IRCC utilizes an integrated and centralized processing approach to better manage increased volumes of applications and to improve client service. The visa offices throughout IRCC’s overseas network face unique challenges that reflect the issues related to the extent of territorial responsibility, program integrity concerns, and the infrastructure capacities of the region in which they work.

Visa offices are not required to transfer applications upon request as it may diminish program integrity. Program integrity includes issues related to local knowledge, such as the ability to effectively evaluate documents, knowledge of local security and criminality environments, or familiarity with business practices and procedures. Program integrity also includes improving processing efficiencies or regional security and country conditions.