File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Hi , so i logged in the ecas and there my application status changed from , in progress to decision made . But no update on gckey or tracker . Anyone knows what’s happening, i mean is the ppr near or something. London vo
I posted this reply to you in another thread, but here it is again here. :)

One thing is certain. Tracker, GCKey, and ecas are all out of sync. In all IRCC applications there are specific milestones that you look for in all three systems. Those are Eligibility/Pre-Arrival, Biometrics, Medical, Background, Decision, CPOR, PPR, PR Card Issued. IRCC typically does not flag any of those milestones as complete in error, and you should view your file status as accurate based on the completed milestone that is furthest along in the process for the primary applicant AND any listed dependents in the three systems if you are a paper applicant (Tracker, GCKey, ECAS), or two systems (Tracker, GCKey) if you are an online applicant. In your case decision made in ecas (access to this system only applies to paper applications unfortunately), tends to point to a good thing in which the next step is CPOR and PPR. I suggest you keep monitoring to see if COPR is updated, and monitor your email for an inbound message from IRCC. No matter what, congratulations on your decision made milestone completion.

Reactions: Waseem2k24

Rkhan88

Oct 11, 2022
Unfortunately pre-arrival is near the beginning of the process. It is triggered automatically when someone is found eligible under the selected immigration program. You still have the Biometric, Medical, Background (takes the longest usually), Decision, CPOR, PPR, Visa Issuance. Depending on the efficiency of the office processing the application (London is known to be slowwwww) it can take a fair amount of time (ie months).
Hey, Pre arrival services is usually after biometrics, medical and eligibility from what I have seen and heard. But you are right Background Check, COPR still can take a long time. LVO is just too slow, but nothing can be done about it I guess. For our application, we are still awaiting eligibility and background check but Bio and Medical completed for months and months now.

monster999

Sep 18, 2022
Point in fact. I spoke with the IRCC call centre a couple of weeks ago, and they also said that the London VO has been notoriously slow, and that they have sent many enquiry messages to that office.
what did you say or complain about the visa office? I wanna do the same, maybe eventually some higher office give them a shutpu call to do more work. it feels like there are pakistani working there and we are the laziest bunch.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
I generally approach it from the context of how the family is suffering with the delays, and lack of communication from the London office. I speak about how long it takes to get replies to enquiries and at times no replies at all. I also speak about the time delays in processing the background check, but tell them that I know there is nothing they can do about it. I approach it from a tone of empathizing about an inefficient office, after all the call centre is in eastern Canada. This last time I spoke with them, the man told me that they have a due date in the system to update the our background check of the last day of this month, and are not supposed to send a message to the visa office before that date. After that date, the call centre can send a message to the London Office asking for an update and a reason for the delays. In speaking with them, please remember to not be hard on the person answering the phone since they are only the messenger, and that it is the London VO staff that are doing the work. They shut down and ignore you if you just complain.

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Thank you for your detailed reply. I have prepared my application and will file in a few days. I am just not sure what kind of details I can provide in reply to the question “Is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship?”
Hey there, no problem. In that section you can add more photos of your relationship, more evidence of conversations, or maybe things like evidence of gifts/money support you have sent to each other. It's optional though, so I wouldn't be worried about it if you've already met all the other requirements of evidence fully.

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Really grateful for your detailed response and explaining the nuances of applying asap after marriage.

Actually, I'm planning to marry this December inshAllah in Pakistan. Due to health reasons, my parents wont be able to fly and attend the ceremony. My mom has a surgery early next year. And I was hoping if there is a way to bring my wife here and meet my mom. Thats why I was searching for TRV option - but i know its always impossible for us.
But.... is student visa a possibility? Have you read / heard an applicant on spouse visa going to canada on student visa? Any thoughts?
Hey there. So if you check on the govt of Canada website, you can see the processing time for student visas is 13 weeks right now. So technically, if she applies now, your wife could get approved for a temporary study visa by the time your mom has surgery early next year. Here's the website you can check for processing time:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

This website also has more info about student visas: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada.html

Remember you'd also have to be careful about crafting a good application for her study visa.

However, I would caution that if her application for a study visa gets rejected, and then you apply for spousal sponsorship right after, that might raise suspicions about the authenticity of your relationship in your spousal sponsorship application (as in it might look like your wife is just trying to find a way to get into Canada). BUT, please note that this is entirely my guess, and I suggest you call an IRCC agent or perhaps someone more knowledgeable on this forum can comment on whether or not applying for a student visa before spousal sponsorship would in anyway hinder your spousal sponsorship application.

I also think it's possible that this wouldn't negatively impact your application, because after she comes here on a student visa then you could simply apply for spousal sponsorship as an inland applicant after getting married in Canada, and a lot of people already do that...So I know it's possible, but not sure what the effects of these things would be, which is why I would consult someone with legal expertise on the matter.

But I certainly think it's not a good idea to apply for a student visa AFTER submitting your spousal sponsorship application. That could delay your spousal application and raise questions. If you want to try the student visa route, you should figure out if that will work now without negatively impacting your spousal sponsorship application later, and if it doesn't, have your wife apply for the student visa asap. I hope that helps.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Hi . I received ppr email today but my gckey is not updated yet , everything is in progress . Should i send send my passport.? Along with that mail .
Congratulations! Yes, don't delay, send in your passport! Don't worry about it saying in progress on GcKey, it's normal for their system to be slow in updating and I already know plenty of people whose spouses had already arrived in Canada and it still said "in progress" for some of their sections on GcKey. If you have received the email asking you to send the passport, then kindly do as they say and send the passport! And do a little dance to celebrate :)

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Bro Can we not complain somehow, maybe a petition or a protest outside IRCC office that why pakistanis have to take the brunt of this war? as IK once said, are we the children of a lesser GOD?
It's tough. I think posting about it on twitter, writing letters to Canadian MPs and Minister of Immigration, and doing other things to raise awareness of this issue are definitely good ideas, although I'm still not sure how to go about doing it properly. I'm still thinking about it.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hey there. So if you check on the govt of Canada website, you can see the processing time for student visas is 13 weeks right now. So technically, if she applies now, your wife could get approved for a temporary study visa by the time your mom has surgery early next year. Here's the website you can check for processing time:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

This website also has more info about student visas: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada.html

Remember you'd also have to be careful about crafting a good application for her study visa.

However, I would caution that if her application for a study visa gets rejected, and then you apply for spousal sponsorship right after, that might raise suspicions about the authenticity of your relationship in your spousal sponsorship application (as in it might look like your wife is just trying to find a way to get into Canada). BUT, please note that this is entirely my guess, and I suggest you call an IRCC agent or perhaps someone more knowledgeable on this forum can comment on whether or not applying for a student visa before spousal sponsorship would in anyway hinder your spousal sponsorship application.

I also think it's possible that this wouldn't negatively impact your application, because after she comes here on a student visa then you could simply apply for spousal sponsorship as an inland applicant after getting married in Canada, and a lot of people already do that...So I know it's possible, but not sure what the effects of these things would be, which is why I would consult someone with legal expertise on the matter.

But I certainly think it's not a good idea to apply for a student visa AFTER submitting your spousal sponsorship application. That could delay your spousal application and raise questions. If you want to try the student visa route, you should figure out if that will work now without negatively impacting your spousal sponsorship application later, and if it doesn't, have your wife apply for the student visa asap. I hope that helps.
Once again, thank you for taking your time to respond thoughtfully and thoroughly on the matter and exploring all angles. I agree that applying for spousal visa followed by student visa application, has higher chances of risking her entry into Canada entirely. So I'll either apply for student visa, get her in and then start the inland spousal visa application OR simply apply for spousal visa and wait.

Since I'm working from home, I was thinking of moving to Pakistan and living there till she gets the visa on her passport - but I heard on this forum that's not advisable - as visa officer can say that I have left Canada and I'm not living in Canada anymore.