PA : Pakistan
Applied date : 20 March 23
AOR : 17 May 23
Sponsor approval : 18 May 23
(transferred to London Visa Office)

Biometrics letter : 19 May 23
Biometrics confirmed: 29 May 23

Medical : waiting

how long after my AOR should I be expecting the medical letter?

As per my own case and observation, most of Pakistani Spousal Visa applications transferred to LVO will have their Medical Requests approx 5 months from their Date of Application. This means that you can expect Medical anytime between 5-6 months. But more towards 5 months and few days more. It could be 5 or 10 days over 5 months.

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
Wait....are you saying they are giving Open Work Permit even to OUTLAND-Spousal PR applicants? They will get those WPs when they apply for TRV, correct?
Has anyone applied on this forum (outland applicants) and has anyone successfully got it?
open work for outland applicants is not open yet, on the website no option, but after one reached canada on trv, then he she may apply open work

Muhammad Shakil

Star Member
May 22, 2023
trv rejection will not effect your immigration case
Absolutely. As per my research, there is a myth among Immigrants that TRV will reject based on SP Sponsor Appl. There is no such proof and what happens is that different Visa officers see these applications. Also, you need to prove DUAL INTENT of your Application which is that in TRV, you have to prove by your Letter of Invitation and Letter of Travel Purpose that your Spouse has strong ties to your country back home and he/she is visiting for some strong reasons like Marriage Anniversary, Birthday, Honeymoon, etc. And then he/she will leave at the end of his/ her visit.

Last edited:

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi everyone. Wanted to double check about Signatures. There are few forms, which do NOT LET you to type your name inside the signature box. And there is usually (not always) an icon beside these boxes, showing Hand with a pen - perhaps saying sign with your hand??

To make matters more confusing - the application portal clearly says that this form should be DIGITALLY SIGNED - DO NOT PRINT/SCAN.
as in the case of : IMM5532
but not for:
-IMM5536
-IMM5546 (details of military service) - signature box is there, but can't type name through computer.

Is there an Adobe setting that needs to be activate to do that?

Muhammad Shakil

Star Member
May 22, 2023
Hi everyone. Wanted to double check about Signatures. There are few forms, which do NOT LET you to type your name inside the signature box. And there is usually (not always) an icon beside these boxes, showing Hand with a pen - perhaps saying sign with your hand??

To make matters more confusing - the application portal clearly says that this form should be DIGITALLY SIGNED - DO NOT PRINT/SCAN.
as in the case of : IMM5532
but not for:
-IMM5536
-IMM5546 (details of military service) - signature box is there, but can't type name through computer.

Is there an Adobe setting that needs to be activate to do that?

Hello:

We have been through the same problem. You should PRINT and DIGITALLY SIGN the IMM5532 in PDF Editor. As it is a problem with the form itself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ImmigrationCanada/comments/wsf18i

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

Mystogan

Jan 31, 2023
My timeline:

Spousal Sponsorship (outland)

Took me 3 months after Biometrics. I hear LVO is very slow

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
My timeline:

Spousal Sponsorship (outland)

You got your AOR on 17, SA-18 and biometrics-19. medical usually is around that. any day it could be popping up in your email.

However, are you in Pakistan? I know in Islamabad - IMO does accept Advance medical appointment, even with the medical request letter from CIC. All you need is your UCI number, which im sure you'd have got from your AOR, Biometrics request etc. Why not to go ahead and get done with your medical. When you recieve the request, just respond right away with uploading the medical report.

notagoodlawyer

May 30, 2023
You got your AOR on 17, SA-18 and biometrics-19. medical usually is around that. any day it could be popping up in your email.

However, are you in Pakistan? I know in Islamabad - IMO does accept Advance medical appointment, even with the medical request letter from CIC. All you need is your UCI number, which im sure you'd have got from your AOR, Biometrics request etc. Why not to go ahead and get done with your medical. When you recieve the request, just respond right away with uploading the medical report.
Ive never heard of this, isnt medical sent directly to them?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Ive never heard of this, isnt medical sent directly to them?
Previously, applicants did not used to do medical check up in advance, as it would take CIC months, sometimes more than a year to get back with just AOR and Medical request. So they'd have to do it again. Hence ppl used to wait for medical request letter.

Nowadays, when you know that in general the timelines is 2-2.5 months, why not to go ahead and get it done in advance. So as soon CIC asks for that, you can upload the report in the portal. OR if CIC gets it directly from the clinic, thats great too. One less thing to worry about.

Muhammad Shakil

Star Member
May 22, 2023
Guys one more question - About sending Chat/Communication Logs.
Did you guys reduce it to 10 pages? or sent everything?
Yes, you need to make it max 10 pages. It was mentioned in one of the document which gives description to what you should provide as Supporting Documents and how it should be. It's one of the 2 Checklists docs

Muhammad Shakil

Star Member
May 22, 2023
Previously, applicants did not used to do medical check up in advance, as it would take CIC months, sometimes more than a year to get back with just AOR and Medical request. So they'd have to do it again. Hence ppl used to wait for medical request letter.

Nowadays, when you know that in general the timelines is 2-2.5 months, why not to go ahead and get it done in advance. So as soon CIC asks for that, you can upload the report in the portal. OR if CIC gets it directly from the clinic, thats great too. One less thing to worry about.
A very good point!

I would suggest every Pakistani Spousal PR applicant to get their MEDICAL appointment beforehand around 4-5 months from the date of Application. This is considering that you have already received AOR, BIOMETRICS and SA done.

If I knew this in advance, then would have done it so.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Yes, you need to make it max 10 pages. It was mentioned in one of the document which gives description to what you should provide as Supporting Documents and how it should be. It's one of the 2 Checklists docs
Jazak Allah for responding....
if i knew that at the start of my relationship, i'd have just always called and never texted a word...cuz right now..its a pain to reduce thousands of pages to 10 page...ufff.....oh cic..the things you make us do!! :)

amnak

Sep 18, 2022
Hey everyone

The eligibility section turned to completed on 25th May but we didn’t receive pre-arrival. Is that normal?