+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

TEA_2020

Apr 15, 2021
Hello everyone

my bhabhi just got married and mycousin brother is lookingto sponsors her by May/June does anyone know the timeline from Pak to canada
After submitting application, It takes minimum 11-12 months currently. It's impossible to sponsor by this May/June. Maybe by next May/June 2022, if you submit the application soon.

RisingXPhoenix

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
29-01-2019
Doc's Request.
23-11-2019
AOR Received.
04-02-2019
File Transfer...
04-10-2019
Med's Request
03-2019 and 03-2020
Med's Done....
18-04-2019 and 04-2020
Passport Req..
13-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-09-2020
After submitting application, It takes minimum 11-12 months currently. It's impossible to sponsor by this May/June. Maybe by next May/June 2022, if you submit the application soon.
I think what they meant is that they are going to be starting the process around May or June 2021 by submitting the application not that they were expecting their person to land in Canada by then. That would be impossible to do.

Mistersponsor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
The documents were received during the pandemic and it is a well-known fact that they weren't touching any physical documents for a good chunk of 2020. A lot of files get lost after receipt - it would be no surprise that the ADR was lost as well.

I can understand some applicants don't have the knowledge or understanding of the process to know that ADRs can be submitted online - but at least their lawyers who are getting paid for it should know this as basic info. I would start off with appealing + drilling the lawyer against the wall.
That is nonsensical if they were not touching the physical documents. Covid 19 spreads through aerosols. Direct physical Contact transmission is low/almost non existent. On top virus deactivates on solid surfaces after 7 days. Plus physical documents can be sanitized under UV light to deactivate the virus. IRCC should be able to buy large number of UV lights given the $ they charge us for applications.

Mistersponsor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
If Canada bans all international travel, do you think our spouses will be able to travel to Canada if they get the visa ? If that does happen, I think we all can kiss good bye to being united with our spouses ever as covid19 is not going anywhere for at least next 3-5 years.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
If Canada bans all international travel, do you think our spouses will be able to travel to Canada if they get the visa ? If that does happen, I think we all can kiss good bye to being united with our spouses ever as covid19 is not going anywhere for at least next 3-5 years.
Where did you get this information from?

Programmable

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
I think your lawyer screwed you. You need to find out.
The thing is, Visa Office does not refuse an application based on not genuine, without issuing a procedural fairness letter (PFL).
This letter states the concerns they have and give you 30 days to send additional proofs.
Your lawyer could have missed/forgot then decided not tell you this letter was sent, because it's malpractice.

Check your Ecas carefully around January/February a correspondence letter should of been sent to the applicant.
@Phalos You're a champ. It's nice to see people like you contributing to these forums. Wishing your application and everyone elses' a quick resolve. Cheers

• Love
Reactions: Phalos

Social_Distancing

Sep 4, 2020
Hello friends. My Heartbroken today i got my refusal latter. Thy said your mariage was not genuine. Decision made in Poland. Any one tell me when I apply for apeal how long will take for final result? Any one got refusal? After that sumit reapeal? Please guite me
Soo sorry to hear this bro. Having that said, i have seen cases like this. They have appealed and have won the case. Im sure you will reapply or appeal the case by hiring a professional experienced lawyer.
Thats being said, was there any insufficient documents as per IRCC requirements...perhaps it was submitted, but not as per their likings that you can think of that might have caused the negative outcome?

Last edited:

spousalCase416

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
I don't see that happening at all. Considering immediate family and possibly the closest relationship one has is their spouse, let alone the human rights issues involved. Don't worry about that In Sha Allah. They will always leave the door open to such members of the household

Reactions: Social_Distancing

Sweet tooba

Oct 20, 2019
In Appendix A do i have to fill just mine (PA) info or sponsor as well ? Because i got to know from fb that only PA info is to be filled.... also please guide me whether vfs karachi is open or not
it's open... and you have to fill just your (applicant's) information

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello friends. My Heartbroken today i got my refusal latter. Thy said your mariage was not genuine. Decision made in Poland. Any one tell me when I apply for apeal how long will take for final result? Any one got refusal? After that sumit reapeal? Please guite me
There have been other posts and responses here that clarify some of the history of your application - I've seen some of that but perhaps not all, so this is only some thoughts. Also - I'm not an expert on the appeals process and few posters here are; you REALLY should consider a lawyer, at least consulting with a lawyer to get more information.

You have a 'representative' - not clear whether this is some immigration consultant or a proper lawyer. If not a lawyer, your 'immigration consultant' is not a substitute for a lawyer. (And if a lawyer, you should consider very carefully whether you need a second opinion ie a different lawyer). You should regardless be thinking about whether you want to keep your representative - and if there is anything that indicates the representative did not share/tell you everything or made serious mistakes, fire the rep.

-You only have a certain period of time to appeal (30 days?); since that is a hard deadline, you must file the appeal before then, even if you decide later to drop or withdraw the appeal. I'd still file the appeal. You will need some information i.e. gcms notes (see below) that you will probably not get before the deadline.

-You did not provide much about what was in the appeal letter - read it carefully. There are parts in that letter that may be extremely important, and particularly whether there is any mention of misrepresentation. Since misrepresentation can have very serious consequences (eg five year ban), you need to know that. (Another reason to consult a lawyer if you are not 100% certain about this).

-There appears to be an issue that your representative sent the response to 'additional document request' by courier instead of electronically. (Did your representative follow the instructions?). And, therefore, whether the physical submission was 'attached' to the file or not. This is really important. If they gave the refusal based on not receiving the information, i.e. they deemed you not to have responded, your next steps may have to be different.

-You should order gcms notes - and you should order them twice. There is an option in gcms notes to order just the extracts from the gcms system - order this; it usually should take thirty days. There is an option to order the 'complete file' (including all scanned documents and submissions by you) - you should order this in addition to just the notes. And note, this 'complete file' may be returned to you by mail on a CD and not by email and so may take longer. You need to know exactly what was submitted and received by IRCC.

-You should also request your representative send you a complete file and copy of everything that was submitted to IRCC on your behalf and all correspondence received from IRCC.

-You want to also compare this info with the complete file above. As others have noted, not all representatives (esp consultants) are equally diligent and professional, and some are neither diligent nor professional. If you were sent (for example) a procedural fairness letter and you did not get a copy from your representative, that is a big deal.

-On the appeals process itself: I do not know much about it. I occasionally read a bit in the related appeals-titled threads here. They take a VERY long time (it seems). There is a process of alternative dispute resolution I believe that may be a bit quicker - but I don't know much about that.

-Based on what you find out, you will need to decide whether to proceed with your appeal or not. I believe the alternative is to simply withdraw your appeal and re-apply. The difference between them and what is preferable is not an easy topic without knowing details.

-If (for example) - and this is only a hypothetical - the refusal is basically because the evidence you submitted was weak and you can improve on that (an example would be that you have now resided with your spouse together for some additional time), it may be better to re-submit the entire application and start from scratch. Include new/extra information and a letter of explanation that you have better evidence now and have decided to re-submit rather than appeal. Obviously you need to look carefully at whatever you can discern from the file/notes about why they refused and whether you can 'correct' this.

-There are some reasons for refusal (notably misrepresentation) where you will need to appeal.

-There may be some possibility to request the visa office to look at information that was not taken into consideration (which might be the case if they didn't see the response to the document request that was sent by courier). I do not know whether that might be faster than re-submitting - but you will need to know (as above) what IRCC actually had when they made the refusal decision.

If IRCC did not get or did not properly consider the additional documentation you provided (because submitted physically rather than electronically), it may be preferable to withdraw the appeal and just resubmit an entire, new, better-prepared file, including the information that was submitted later (since now you have a better idea of what was considered missing originally). I do not know, but I would suspect that this would be preferable to a full appeal (i.e. unless the visa office agrees to reconsider the file right away - and I do not know if they will do this).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
so unfortunate :( :(

F.ayub

Dec 7, 2020
Soo sorry to hear this bro. Having that said, i have seen cases like this. They have appealed and have won the case. Im sure you will reapply or appeal the case by hiring a professional experienced lawyer.
Thats being said, was there any insufficient documents as per IRCC requirements...perhaps it was submitted, but not as per their likings that you can think of that might have caused the negative outcome?
Please tell me when I apply re appeal after that how long it will take this whole process to won appeal? How much court cost?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Please tell me when I apply re appeal after that how long it will take this whole process to won appeal? How much court cost?
There is an entire long thread where you can look at actual experience.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz.87619/

In brief, it's a lengthy process. Winning the appeal does not 'bump' one to front of the line, either, it seems.

The costs of the process itself are not high as I understand, but if you need legal assistance throughout the process, that will be expensive. (Note that getting a consultation first from a lawyer to understand does not mean you have to have a lawyer do everything - but no-one here can tell you what's best for you).

Reactions: pc8922