16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

my wife didn't have a quran over her head.

just goes back to what i was saying earlier: we're all trying to guess and figure out what LVO's "checklist" for a genuine marriage is, but there probably isn't a checklist in the first place. they're never consistent with anything. the only thing i can say for sure is that their assessment is based off a balance of probabilities. in other words, they weigh the positives and negatives (which are different for each app) and try to figure out the probability of the marriage being one of convenience. using this system of balance of probabilities is the reason interviews are not mandatory for every applicant.

with all that said, i know for a fact that visa officers do make mistakes more often than we think. they skim over our apps and misread, and worse yet, they lose vital documents as well from time to time.

AustinM2016

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Delivered: 28-06-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016 (Received by CPC-Miss.)
Med's Done....
Upfront done

ra03ra said:
I haven't received anything. I am late June so I am thinking may something in December if they don't slow down much.
Jaldiii kar yaaar. We submitted our apps on the same day. I'm beginning to get anxious now with the recent turn of events ???

hsp402

Dec 27, 2012

flx2015 said:
my wife didn't have a quran over her head.

just goes back to what i was saying earlier: we're all trying to guess and figure out what LVO's "checklist" for a genuine marriage is, but there probably isn't a checklist in the first place. they're never consistent with anything. the only thing i can say for sure is that their assessment is based off a balance of probabilities. in other words, they weigh the positives and negatives (which are different for each app) and try to figure out the probability of the marriage being one of convenience. using this system of balance of probabilities is the reason interviews are not mandatory for every applicant.

with all that said, i know for a fact that visa officers do make mistakes more often than we think. they skim over our apps and misread, and worse yet, they lose vital documents as well from time to time.
Yes flx there is a checklist, but the end result is not objective, the checklist is only to provide facilitation for the visa officer to make assessments. Having a checklist and the interpretation are quite different, so the checklist provide what is missing and what has been provided, so that visa officer can be satisfied or dis satisfied. It is not that simple for them as well, they can sometimes satisfied even when the checklist has very few check marks, and vice versa. Even the same visa officer can make an issue of not having mayoon on one day and no issue on the other day (considering all other things are equal). The issue with visa offices and visa officers are a very very vague subjective assessment measures.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

hsp402 said:
Yes flx there is a checklist, but the end result is not objective, the checklist is only to provide facilitation for the visa officer to make assessments. Having a checklist and the interpretation are quite different, so the checklist provide what is missing and what has been provided, so that visa officer can be satisfied or dis satisfied. It is not that simple for them as well, they can sometimes satisfied even when the checklist has very few check marks, and vice versa. Even the same visa officer can make an issue of not having mayoon on one day and no issue on the other day (considering all other things are equal). The issue with visa offices and visa officers are a very very vague subjective assessment measures.
very good points.

i didn't mean "checklist" in a literal sense. yeah there probably is an operational bulletin/guide for screening pakistani applicants, but as you said, visa officers have still have vague and subjective assessment measures. there's just way too much inconsistency.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

flx2015 said:
very good points.

i didn't mean "checklist" in a literal sense. yeah there probably is an operational bulletin/guide for screening pakistani applicants, but as you said, visa officers have still have vague and subjective assessment measures. there's just way too much inconsistency.

Flx i noticed that the only doc req you got was police certificate. did you send voluntary proofs during the time ur application was in process.

What do you you suggest regarding additional voluntary proofs?

srz2016

Jun 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-May-2016

I am applying for GCMS notes, seems like format has been changed. Just want to make sure that i select the correct option.

*What type of record would you like to request? which option to choose from below i think it should be family class
-PR
-Family class

*Specify the type of file you are requesting? I think it should be Immigration file
-Sponsor File
-Immigration file

*Which specific information are you looking for? I assume it should be option 1 electronic notes
-The electronic notes of officer or
-Application, supporting documents and correspondence

Is file number same as application number?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

MM345 said:
Flx i noticed that the only doc req you got was police certificate. did you send voluntary proofs during the time ur application was in process.

What do you you suggest regarding additional voluntary proofs?
yes, i did.

1. birthday cards
2. western union receipts
3. skype logs
4. chat logs

i voluntarily sent all of the above about 2-3 months before visiting my wife in pakistan, so proof of visit was not included. the officer did note that according to the evidence i had submitted thus far, it seemed as if i hadn't visited my wife since filing the application. however they didn't ask for proof of visit because the proof they had on hand (voluntary + whatever i submitted originally) was sufficient.

Shazzz

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, ENGLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
AOR Received.
23-Jul-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 23-Aug-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-Jun-2016

I am highly considering sending in voluntary proofs after seeing the high number of PFLs recently. I got Whatsapp chats, calls, facebook, moneygram receipts and a trip I already booked for Pak. Shouldn't hurt if the VO has even more supporting data to go through.

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

flx2015 said:
yes, i did.

1. birthday cards
2. western union receipts
3. skype logs
4. chat logs

i voluntarily sent all of the above about 2-3 months before visiting my wife in pakistan, so proof of visit was not included. the officer did note that according to the evidence i had submitted thus far, it seemed as if i hadn't visited my wife since filing the application. however they didn't ask for proof of visit because the proof they had on hand (voluntary + whatever i submitted originally) was sufficient.
Hi
Who send voluntary proofs .... PR or Sponsor?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

2calgary said:
Hi
Who send voluntary proofs .... PR or Sponsor?
i sent them. i'm the sponsor.

AustinM2016

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Delivered: 28-06-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016 (Received by CPC-Miss.)
Med's Done....
Upfront done

Shazzz said:
I am highly considering sending in voluntary proofs after seeing the high number of PFLs recently. I got Whatsapp chats, calls, facebook, moneygram receipts and a trip I already booked for Pak. Shouldn't hurt if the VO has even more supporting data to go through.
Send it in bro. I did too about a month ago. If anything, it shows LVO that since filing the application, we are still talking regularly, etc.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017

Shazzz said:
Not to freak you out or anything but I started sending in voluntary documents ie itinerary of three trips in between, pics, exit/entry stamps etc around August and I still got PFL. It's a hit and miss with LVO.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

2calgary said:
Hi anybody have an idea about FBI clearence from USA?
Contact barkatain nov 2015 applicant

Shazzz

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, ENGLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
AOR Received.
23-Jul-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 23-Aug-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-Jun-2016

Landing_PR said:
Not to freak you out or anything but I started sending in voluntary documents ie itinerary of three trips in between, pics, exit/entry stamps etc around August and I still got PFL. It's a hit and miss with LVO.
That's the thing, it's so unpredictable what they'll come up with. I'm just going to send in one batch of voluntary docs now and wait till they start working on July applicants.

AustinM2016 said:
Send it in bro. I did too about a month ago. If anything, it shows LVO that since filing the application, we are still talking regularly, etc.
Yeah better to do it asap.