Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I would order the notes now. They might not give you enough warning about the interview to get the notes after they tell you the date.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
mimianda said:
Thanks Canadianwoman.
The notes will give you indications why you are in the interview list. The early you receive the notes, it is better for you tou prepare yourself with necessary papers/documents to defend.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Interview........: Initially requested but waived after providing more evidence

etienbjel
Star Member
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Singapore
Interview........: Initially requested but waived after providing more evidence online

I asked CIC to waive my wife's interview and they did!
« on: June 08, 2015, 03:22:38 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Today is a great day! CIC requested an interview 6 months ago after applying for PR for my wife. Knowing how much time this would add to the process (up to 2 years), I decided to quit my job in Canada and relocate to another country where my wife and I could live together on work permits and wait out the PR for Canada.

I have been working abroad and living with my wife now for the past few months. In the meantime, I was providing CIC with additional evidence on our relationship and made requests to waive the interview based on the evidence provided. Additional evidence I sent them included:
-Text messages between first applying for PR and living together abroad
-Copies of our residence permits/visas in the other country
-Copies of my company's health cards, which include my wife as a dependent
We also made 2 unsuccessful attempts at a TRV for her, stating in the forms that a PR is in process.

I got an email today from CIC and they decided to waive the interview!! Now they just want another medical (expired in May) and to provide proof of intent to settle in Canada. My wife and I are thrilled at this progression.

Since I don't have any job offers back in Canada, does anyone have any suggestions on proof of intent to settle in Canada? I was going to get a letter from my mom saying she will provide accommodation. Will this be enough?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Think of everything you will have to do to leave where you are living now and move back to Canada and live there:
1. arrange for things to be moved or shipped; quit your jobs; transfer money; deal with property; etc.
2. airplane tickets; etc.
3. arrange for a place to stay in Canada; explain how you will support yourselves at first and later; official forms and documents; looking for jobs and a place to stay; etc.

Then get proof of as much of this as you can. Evidence showing you have been applying for jobs and looking for a place to stay is good. A letter or affidavit from family members offering to let you stay at their place while you get settled is good. Quotes from moving companies or for shipping things will help. Family and friends can also write letters stating you are coming back to Canada. Your current bosses and landlord can write letters stating you have told them you are leaving.

Jul 3, 2015
Our Inland application was received by immigration on October 3rd, 2013. We received the approval for the spousal application part in March, 2015. According the immigration website we would have a 10 month wait to finalize the application. We live in a very remote part of Alberta with the closest immigration office over 700 km away, as well as this being where the closest medical doctor being located. We were asked to submit a second medical for my husband because the first one expired from receipt to reaching the second part of the process (investigation of the sponsored person). We had to get special medical dispensation to have a doctor closer to our home to be approved. This took less than 5 days to get and the medical was submitted the end of April, 2015.
We got a letter asking us to attend an interview on June 29, 2015 in Edmonton - drove the 10 hours to the city, our interview was for 1:00 pm and by 1:30 pm the same day my husband had his permanent residency. They asked him 3 questions, they asked me 2 questions:

to Him:
1. Have you ever been convicted of a crime in Canada or anywhere else.
2. do you have any dependants not listed in your application
3. Have you ever been denied entry in to Canada.

to Me:
1. Have you ever been married or lived common law with anyone else. Because I am widowed I answered yes to this question, so they had to ask the second question.
2. Do you have any outstanding court orders to pay child support or alimony.

The interviewer was pleasant, relaxed and very accommodating.
She first asked if we had any questions and of course (because this was only 3 months and not the 10 months we thought we would have to wait) was what is the next step after this interview. Her answer was, you will be a permanent resident within 5-10 minutes of this interview.

Our background: We meet while I was living in England and married exactly one year after we met. We moved to Canada one month after we got married. My husband is 7 years older than me. We bought property in Alberta prior to moving here.

I know that the immigration process is extremely stressful and the waiting times seem to be so long, but every single person we have had contact with at Immigration has been pleasant, understanding and extremely helpful.

Be patient, don't lose your cool and I hope everyone enjoys the happy outcome that we have had.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
sharingthenight said:
Our Inland application was received by immigration on October 3rd, 2013. We received the approval for the spousal application part in March, 2015. According the immigration website we would have a 10 month wait to finalize the application. We live in a very remote part of Alberta with the closest immigration office over 700 km away, as well as this being where the closest medical doctor being located. We were asked to submit a second medical for my husband because the first one expired from receipt to reaching the second part of the process (investigation of the sponsored person). We had to get special medical dispensation to have a doctor closer to our home to be approved. This took less than 5 days to get and the medical was submitted the end of April, 2015.
We got a letter asking us to attend an interview on June 29, 2015 in Edmonton - drove the 10 hours to the city, our interview was for 1:00 pm and by 1:30 pm the same day my husband had his permanent residency. They asked him 3 questions, they asked me 2 questions:

to Him:
1. Have you ever been convicted of a crime in Canada or anywhere else.
2. do you have any dependants not listed in your application
3. Have you ever been denied entry in to Canada.

to Me:
1. Have you ever been married or lived common law with anyone else. Because I am widowed I answered yes to this question, so they had to ask the second question.
2. Do you have any outstanding court orders to pay child support or alimony.

The interviewer was pleasant, relaxed and very accommodating.
She first asked if we had any questions and of course (because this was only 3 months and not the 10 months we thought we would have to wait) was what is the next step after this interview. Her answer was, you will be a permanent resident within 5-10 minutes of this interview.

Our background: We meet while I was living in England and married exactly one year after we met. We moved to Canada one month after we got married. My husband is 7 years older than me. We bought property in Alberta prior to moving here.

I know that the immigration process is extremely stressful and the waiting times seem to be so long, but every single person we have had contact with at Immigration has been pleasant, understanding and extremely helpful.

Be patient, don't lose your cool and I hope everyone enjoys the happy outcome that we have had.
Thank you for sharing your interview experience. People will be inspired with your success story. All the best.

cdnsponsor

May 24, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
File Transfer...
14-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-01-2014
Interview........
08-04-2015
my husband had to go for an interview. our lawyer said to review the application thoroughly, they will not ask questions outside of what is ON your application other than how well you know your spouse. GOOD luck. he did pass his interview, so I guess the advise was good :D

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
cdnsponsor said:
my husband had to go for an interview. our lawyer said to review the application thoroughly, they will not ask questions outside of what is ON your application other than how well you know your spouse. GOOD luck. he did pass his interview, so I guess the advise was good :D
Congratulations !

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
Re: Interview........: Initially requested but waived after providing more evidence

Hasan9999 said:
etienbjel
Star Member
Interview........: Initially requested but waived after providing more evidence online

Reply with quoteQuote
Today is a great day! CIC requested an interview 6 months ago after applying for PR for my wife. Knowing how much time this would add to the process (up to 2 years), I decided to quit my job in Canada and relocate to another country where my wife and I could live together on work permits and wait out the PR for Canada.

I have been working abroad and living with my wife now for the past few months. In the meantime, I was providing CIC with additional evidence on our relationship and made requests to waive the interview based on the evidence provided. Additional evidence I sent them included:
We also made 2 unsuccessful attempts at a TRV for her, stating in the forms that a PR is in process.

I got an email today from CIC and they decided to waive the interview!! Now they just want another medical (expired in May) and to provide proof of intent to settle in Canada. My wife and I are thrilled at this progression.

Since I don't have any job offers back in Canada, does anyone have any suggestions on proof of intent to settle in Canada? I was going to get a letter from my mom saying she will provide accommodation. Will this be enough?

Hey
I would like to know where did u email them I mean which email address and how long did they take to replay you back . Please help me

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
Re: Interview........: Initially requested but waived after providing more evidence

Hasan9999 said:
etienbjel
Star Member

Reply with quoteQuote

Can you guide me how to email cic since they never replay back . Plz need real help

adnarim74

Jul 31, 2015
Hello people.
I have a question please if someone can answer to me.
Few days ago I have received two updates from VO.
First one it was interview letter and second one it was request to do the re-medical.
Now I am wondering is the request for re-medical just a procedure or is a good sign that VO will give me the visa very soon.
Since the day that I have received updates status on my eCas changed on In process.
Second question; the communication between me and my spouse should be translate for interview or not.
Thanks.

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
Hey
When is the interview? Did they mention the date of interview?
How long you had to wait for the interview date from the day you first got the the letter mentioning you are on interview list? The reason they ask you to do re-medical because your medical last only 1 year. If in ecas it changed to in process that means it's a good sign. Usually in a month from the interview date you get the visa if everything goes well at the interview

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
adnarim74 said:
Hello people.
I have a question please if someone can answer to me.
Few days ago I have received two updates from VO.
First one it was interview letter and second one it was request to do the re-medical.
Now I am wondering is the request for re-medical just a procedure or is a good sign that VO will give me the visa very soon.
Since the day that I have received updates status on my eCas changed on In process.
Second question; the communication between me and my spouse should be translate for interview or not.
Thanks.
Request for a remedical and change of eCas to 'in process' is indeed a good sign. The interview may clear some of their confusions for the final decision. Prepare well for the interview. Your last question is not clear to me. Good luck!