+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

meks

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Hasan9999
I am waiting 18 months to get the interview date but still now i didn't get the date!!! Do you know how often the arrange the Interview for Bangladeshi???
Please let me know if u have any idea or experiance
I am really upset. Even i didnt ask any GCMS till now. I am just wishing if the ask me within this December!!!

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
meks said:
Hasan9999
I am waiting 18 months to get the interview date but still now i didn't get the date!!! Do you know how often the arrange the Interview for Bangladeshi???
Please let me know if u have any idea or experiance
I am really upset. Even i didnt ask any GCMS till now. I am just wishing if the ask me within this December!!!
Please order GCMS notes. This is urgent. You can contact CIC through your sponsor's local MP. This will bring immediate result. Stay positive. Interview held in Dhaka between December and March as reported by other posters but they will let you know well in advance. Check status regularly. You can repost this in Singapore time line to get more feedback from experienced members. Good luck buddy.

meks

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Hasan9999 said:
Please order GCMS notes. This is urgent. You can contact CIC through your sponsor's local MP. This will bring immediate result. Stay positive. Interview held in Dhaka between December and March as reported by other posters but they will let you know well in advance. Check status regularly. You can repost this in Singapore time line to get more feedback from experienced members. Good luck buddy.
[Thanks Hassan
]

Odaith

Jan 14, 2013
From all I've read, my situation is more unique than most posters. I applied to sponsor my common law partner (same gender) while living outside of Canada (in the US on a temporary work visa). We got scheduled for an interview on September 9th of this year at the LA office.

I ordered the GCMS notes and got them after a month. I found out that the reason for the interview as to A) confirm that I would be moving back to Canada upon completion of sponsorship, and B) because our relationship had started in some form of Polygamy, and they wanted to ensure that was done and over and not going to happen again.

Our relationship was 3-way to begin with and did include a female counterpart originally (I was an addition to the existing male/female relationship), but that aspect dissolved and we ended up going our own way 5-6 years ago. When preparing our materials for the interview I made sure to provide this information up front, along with assurances that we had no intention of trying something like that again. Along with that, I included all requested official documentation, additional declarations of our relationship being genuine from mutual friends, updated lease and insurance records, updated shared expense items (mainly me paying for events/flights/etc. for my partner), and other updated relationship supporting material.

The Interview:
We arrived at 8 AM on the interview date for our 9:30 AM appointment . The couple who were there ahead of us were apparently a complex case and took up a great amount of time. We got ushered out of the office for lunch and were asked to return at 1 PM for our interview, though it didn't actually start up until more like 2:30 PM.

Our immigration officer was a female of Asian descent who was very flaunt in English. She apologized for the long wait and seemed in good humors overall, despite the complex case that came before us. My partner was called in first and got the bulk of the questioning, about 30 minutes I believe (see below for details). She played with different dates a lot, misquoting 'first met', 'relationship start', 'first visited', 'moved in' and 'moved out on our own' numerous times, and requiring my partner to correct her constantly. I think this was intentional, to make sure the story stayed straight, so if you have a poor head for dates and numbers, I recommend you brush up on that knowledge toughly before your own interview. Once that was done, I was called in additionally and the pair of us fielded some joint questions for 15 minutes (also see below).

At the end, the officer said she was satisfied that we were a committed and exclusive couple and she would be approving our application. She wasn't able to provide an exact estimate on when it would all be done because the redone medical exam still had to be reviewed by another department, along with the redone criminal certificates. She did say she was going to ask us to sign a declaration of common law union, and that would be taken care of later.

Aftermath:
The next day we received an e-mail asking us to complete and notarize an IMM5409 form / Statutory Declaration of Common-Law-Union. We completed that within a few days and sent it off by registered mail back to the LA office.

About a month later (Oct 7th) we got another e-mail stating that my partner's medical results were in, and that the application could now be finalized. They requested 2 passport sized colour photos per Canadian passport standards. My partner got those done and sent them off to the LA office via registered mail once again.

Exactly one week later we received a piece of registered mail from the LA office that contained the finalized documents that permit entry into Canada as a Permanent Resident (yay!), along with instructions on how to cross the border and other general 'settling in Canada' information. The documents are good for about 1 year, and we plan to make our trip up there come March.

We started the process/submitted our documentation in May of 2013, and the process is now concluded as of Oct 2014. Best of luck to everyone still waiting, and I hope my information provides some help for you.

Questions for my Partner:
-when were you born? where?
-who are your parents?
-do you have any siblings?
-when did you first meet your partner?
-when did your relationship start?
-when did you move in with your partner?
-describe how relationship developed
-who pays for rent/utilities/insurance/etc?
-who does the cooking/domestic chores?
-so you are the 'female' of the relationship?
-when did you start liking males?
-what will you do if your application is not accepted?
-have ever been with another male? has your partner?
-where will you live?
-what does your partner do for a living?
-do you trust your partner? how do you know he won't leave you as soon as you're in Canada?
-are you married? why not?
-have you met your partner family?
-do your parents know of your relationship? why not?

Questions that were posed to both of us together:
-where will you live in Canada?
-what do you (me, the sponsor) do for a living?
-how will you (my partner) explain going to Canada to your parents?
-where do you see this relationship going?
-why didn't you get married? why didn't you visit Canada to marry?
-will you get married?
-what will you do if this application is rejected?
-are you in a committed monogamous relationship?
-will you (me, the sponsor) be returning to Canada?
-why didn't you get married/registered as domestic partner in order to help this application process along?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Odaith said:
From all I've read, my situation is more unique than most posters. I applied to sponsor my common law partner (same gender) while living outside of Canada (in the US on a temporary work visa). We got scheduled for an interview on September 9th of this year at the LA office.

I ordered the GCMS notes and got them after a month. I found out that the reason for the interview as to A) confirm that I would be moving back to Canada upon completion of sponsorship, and B) because our relationship had started in some form of Polygamy, and they wanted to ensure that was done and over and not going to happen again.

Our relationship was 3-way to begin with and did include a female counterpart originally (I was an addition to the existing male/female relationship), but that aspect dissolved and we ended up going our own way 5-6 years ago. When preparing our materials for the interview I made sure to provide this information up front, along with assurances that we had no intention of trying something like that again. Along with that, I included all requested official documentation, additional declarations of our relationship being genuine from mutual friends, updated lease and insurance records, updated shared expense items (mainly me paying for events/flights/etc. for my partner), and other updated relationship supporting material.

The Interview:
We arrived at 8 AM on the interview date for our 9:30 AM appointment . The couple who were there ahead of us were apparently a complex case and took up a great amount of time. We got ushered out of the office for lunch and were asked to return at 1 PM for our interview, though it didn't actually start up until more like 2:30 PM.

Our immigration officer was a female of Asian descent who was very flaunt in English. She apologized for the long wait and seemed in good humors overall, despite the complex case that came before us. My partner was called in first and got the bulk of the questioning, about 30 minutes I believe (see below for details). She played with different dates a lot, misquoting 'first met', 'relationship start', 'first visited', 'moved in' and 'moved out on our own' numerous times, and requiring my partner to correct her constantly. I think this was intentional, to make sure the story stayed straight, so if you have a poor head for dates and numbers, I recommend you brush up on that knowledge toughly before your own interview. Once that was done, I was called in additionally and the pair of us fielded some joint questions for 15 minutes (also see below).

At the end, the officer said she was satisfied that we were a committed and exclusive couple and she would be approving our application. She wasn't able to provide an exact estimate on when it would all be done because the redone medical exam still had to be reviewed by another department, along with the redone criminal certificates. She did say she was going to ask us to sign a declaration of common law union, and that would be taken care of later.

Aftermath:
The next day we received an e-mail asking us to complete and notarize an IMM5409 form / Statutory Declaration of Common-Law-Union. We completed that within a few days and sent it off by registered mail back to the LA office.

About a month later (Oct 7th) we got another e-mail stating that my partner's medical results were in, and that the application could now be finalized. They requested 2 passport sized colour photos per Canadian passport standards. My partner got those done and sent them off to the LA office via registered mail once again.

Exactly one week later we received a piece of registered mail from the LA office that contained the finalized documents that permit entry into Canada as a Permanent Resident (yay!), along with instructions on how to cross the border and other general 'settling in Canada' information. The documents are good for about 1 year, and we plan to make our trip up there come March.

We started the process/submitted our documentation in May of 2013, and the process is now concluded as of Oct 2014. Best of luck to everyone still waiting, and I hope my information provides some help for you.

Questions for my Partner:
-when were you born? where?
-who are your parents?
-do you have any siblings?
-when did you first meet your partner?
-when did your relationship start?
-when did you move in with your partner?
-describe how relationship developed
-who pays for rent/utilities/insurance/etc?
-who does the cooking/domestic chores?
-so you are the 'female' of the relationship?
-when did you start liking males?
-what will you do if your application is not accepted?
-have ever been with another male? has your partner?
-where will you live?
-what does your partner do for a living?
-do you trust your partner? how do you know he won't leave you as soon as you're in Canada?
-are you married? why not?
-have you met your partner family?
-do your parents know of your relationship? why not?

Questions that were posed to both of us together:
-where will you live in Canada?
-what do you (me, the sponsor) do for a living?
-how will you (my partner) explain going to Canada to your parents?
-where do you see this relationship going?
-why didn't you get married? why didn't you visit Canada to marry?
-will you get married?
-what will you do if this application is rejected?
-are you in a committed monogamous relationship?
-will you (me, the sponsor) be returning to Canada?
-why didn't you get married/registered as domestic partner in order to help this application process along?
Many thanks. This will help others.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
APPLICATION REFUSED AS DEADLINE IS OVER DUE TO DELAYED RECEIPT....

Quote from: bluejade on October 02, 2014, 03:13:59 am
My husband had an interview in Hongkong on July 30, 2014, He got a letter from the Canadian Immigration Section in Hongkong on September 26, 2014 requesting a updated Police Certificate, Medical Report and Notarized Marriage Certificate by 9/11/2014.

We missed the deadline because we did not receive the letter in time. The letter was dated on 8/11/2014 and was mailed from Hongkong by air mail on 8/12/2014, but my husband did not receive it until September 26, 2014 which had a postal stamp to prove it.

On the very day my husband got the letter, I sent an email with scanned copies of the both front and back side of the envelop showing the dates mailed and the date arrived in the post office. My husband just returned from Guangzhou to complete the Medical Report, and he got the new Police Report, and he is now waiting for the Notarized Marriage Certificate which will be ready within 15 working days.

In my letter I asked the Visa Officer to extend the deadline for submitting the additional documents to a later date in October, but I just received an email notification that my husband's application has been refused. I know that it was stated in their letter dated 8/1/2014 that failure in submitting the documents and his passport by the due date will result in refusal.

Please see some of the content of the email: " Your request for reconsideration of the refusal of your husband's application has been forwarded to an immigration officer for review.

You will only receive further communication from our office if the decision on your application has changed. If it is determined that the decision rendered was correct in law and in fact you will not be notified.

If you wish to launch an appeal of your permanent residency determination with the Immigration Appeals Division, ensure that you follow the steps outlined and the appeal deadline as stated on your refusal letter."

There is a 7-day holiday in China right now, all the public sectors will not be opened for business until October 8, 2014. I really need help in how to appeal this case.

Please give me some advise on what to do and how to do. Thank you in advance for your help!

bgctor

Sep 25, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
June 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
February 2015
Hi everyone!

Is it true that during the interview we are not allowed with phones? I am asking because someone I know applied for Fiancee Visa for Australia and she used the phone to show VO hundreds of pictures taken with her fiancee. I heard that Canadian VO won't allow this, so are we supposed to print (and waste money) hundreds of pictures to show them?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
bgctor said:
Hi everyone!

Is it true that during the interview we are not allowed with phones? I am asking because someone I know applied for Fiancee Visa for Australia and she used the phone to show VO hundreds of pictures taken with her fiancee. I heard that Canadian VO won't allow this, so are we supposed to print (and waste money) hundreds of pictures to show them?
It's a different country (Philippines), but yes, I can confirm absolutely that the Embassy in Manila confiscated our phones when going inside.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Quote from: tuoicao on January 04, 2015, 02:38:27 am
(my husband has an interview mid january i also came back to vietnam to go with him anyone that went to the interview have any pointers??)

Since I have been there, I would simply say

- Arrive on time
- HAVE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS READY (passport, id, interview letter with all specific documents applied to you like PHOTOS, letters, financial receipts, etc.)
- You may see some people going out of rooms crying, sad etc. which I assumed they failed or been denied. Don't be affected by that just concentrate on your case
- You may hear some VO talking loud behind interview rooms etc. Don't be affected by that again just concentrate on your case
- DO NOT EVEN THINK of LYING because VO will use that as MISREPRESENTATION to denied your application
- Don't tell more than they ask. Simply answer their question
- VO won't have SMILY FACES when asking questions so don't be scared or nervous, simply answer from your HEART

Good luck!

@ Note 1:
A good sign that you have PASSED is after the interview if VO say something like : "I have decided to approve your Application ...." you know you are good
Another good sign is if VO say something like "next step will be medical exam"
Lastly if VO keeps important papers like the interview letter signed by you and other CIC documents and only return you photos, love letters, your personal proofs than you should be good

@ Note 2:
A bad sign that you have failed is if VO say something like "Within 6 weeks you will receive letter on decision" bye and gives you back all your documents without keeping anything with them

RuBa

Mar 19, 2015
Hello there
I'm new in this forum.
I applied for my husband August 2013 from Bangladesh.September they forward the file to Singapore and October they said we r in the interview list and it will take 24 months to call.
Ever since didn't get any news.
Is anybody out there in my situation or have any ideas to share. So tired and frostrated of waiting

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
RuBa said:
Hello there
I'm new in this forum.
I applied for my husband August 2013 from Bangladesh.September they forward the file to Singapore and October they said we r in the interview list and it will take 24 months to call.
Ever since didn't get any news.
Is anybody out there in my situation or have any ideas to share. So tired and frostrated of waiting
Did you get interview letter? Did they inform you any date for interview? What's the reason for interview? Did you collect GCMS notes?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
bgctor said:
Hi everyone!

True. You can't take your phone in with you. You don't have to print all the pictures you have, but some should be printed for the application.

mimianda

Mar 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello good people.
I need someone to advice me.
On june last year my husband submite the application for me and on august we recived SA and since then we didn't had any news from Vienna office(I am from Kosova) the only info that I had it was from my eCas,and there was the information that APPLICATION RECIVED and MEDICAL RESULTS RECIVED.
And since almost one year I didn't had any news few days ago I decide to writte an enquiry to Vienna office and to ask them did they recived my file and what is going on,and after three days I recive the answer from Vienna office:
FURTHER PROCESSING OF YOUR APPLICATION IS PENDING AN INTERVIEW IN PRISHTINA.THE DATE HAS NOT BEEN DECIDED YET BUT WE WILL INFORM YOU IN DUE COURSE.
So now I am wondering should I need to order the GCMS note wright now (to see where do we have red flegs) or to wait until they will assign me the date of interview?
Please can anyone advice me what to do.