+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INLAND JAN 2021

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi there :) A simple question, I recently got married and changed all my ID's already using my husband's last name. Though my passport and work permit of course, still has my maiden name. Is that okay though? Thank you in advance for your response. I was told earlier that its fine not to change your passport's last name immediately.

rayboom

Jan 31, 2021
My spouse OWP just got approved today 17/4. I sent complete sponsor package and OWP to CPC Mississauga. However, my spouse employer needed AoR of the OWP to extend the contract because her current work permit was expired in March. Therefore, I applied OWP again online with explanation letter includes sponsorship temp application number on Feb 24. We havent received letter in mail yet but online it shows approved. Valid for 2 years!
Congratulations ! Good for you !

AlexF01

Nov 16, 2020
My spouse OWP just got approved today 17/4. I sent complete sponsor package and OWP to CPC Mississauga. However, my spouse employer needed AoR of the OWP to extend the contract because her current work permit was expired in March. Therefore, I applied OWP again online with explanation letter includes sponsorship temp application number on Feb 24. We havent received letter in mail yet but online it shows approved. Valid for 2 years!
congratulations, I am wondering because I see your work permit was processed very fast , you had a work permit before you sent your pr application.

huy nhat

Jan 29, 2020
congratulations, I am wondering because I see your work permit was processed very fast , you had a work permit before you sent your pr application.
Yes. Last year, my spouse applied for owp when i applied for PR under CEC stream. Now i have PR and im sponsoring her. Her owp expired in March. I applied for her Online on Feb 24, got approved April 16. We also applied owp along with sponsorship application but only have temporary file number yet.

Alice2521

Jan 28, 2021
Did anyone get any update on the spousal sponsorship application? Haven’t got any update after receiving the temp application number.

ren247

Jan 31, 2019
Did anyone get any update on the spousal sponsorship application? Haven’t got any update after receiving the temp application number.
Nope. In the same boat. Was under the assumption they wouldnt be processing anything during lockdown. Even my Visa extension has had no response yet, and I did that the same day I resubmitted my App.

Usually trv extension takes a month or two to process, it's been 5. :p

blabs33

Feb 11, 2019
Hi folks!
Has anyone heard anything new from CIC? My husband has applied for PR (received Jan 18) and OWP at the same time. We have only received the temporary AOR. We were hoping to receive the OWP soon but so far nothing. If anyone has any news, I would much appreciate reading them!

ren247

Jan 31, 2019
Hi folks!
Has anyone heard anything new from CIC? My husband has applied for PR (received Jan 18) and OWP at the same time. We have only received the temporary AOR. We were hoping to receive the OWP soon but so far nothing. If anyone has any news, I would much appreciate reading them!

We only recieved the temp AoR/Reminder about Covid delays about a week ago via my wifes(sponsors) email. Beyond that nothing. Ours was recieved on the 20th.

I think some Dec apps are getting AoRs now, so one can only hope. I like to watch the threads of earlier months to get the best possible estimate. Even then, its hard to predict.

blabs33

Feb 11, 2019
Thanks! I saw a couple of February folks got their AOR as well...makes me wonder how CIC chooses which files to move forward first? It doesn't seem to be strictly in chronological order (as per reception date).

That the Dec group is receiving AORs is definitely good though - we are next!

yukons

Dec 12, 2020
Can someone please explain why it's important to link the OWP application to the gc-key? I'm not able to because I have a lawyer (Campbell and Cohen) and I think that will remove their access from our account?

Sarah282021

Jun 29, 2021
Hi everyone, what is an AOR?
I am finally seeing some movement with my PR application (received Jan 4, got to do a medical exam a few days ago) but not really any movement about my OWP.

ash225

Jun 30, 2021
Any idea how long it takes to get the OWP after applying for the spousal PR application ? We are still waiting for an AOR. Applied in Jan 2021.

ash225

Jun 30, 2021
Hi everyone, what is an AOR?
I am finally seeing some movement with my PR application (received Jan 4, got to do a medical exam a few days ago) but not really any movement about my OWP.
AOR is acknowledgment of receipt. It is a confirmation that IRCC has all the required documents and from that point onwards you just have to patiently wait for the final decision.