+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INLAND JAN 2021

reachsam21

Jul 6, 2021
Has anyone who submitted application after 15th January received an AOR. In the spreadsheet , the last AOR was on June 17th and after that it feels like they've stopped processing at all. :(

blabs33

Feb 11, 2019
Hi! No, we are on the same page, but I think we should be next! My husband applied on Jan 15th and we have not received AOR yet, but I am hopeful that very soon! it seems that once you receive AOR, everything unblocks: you receive your request for medical, biometrics, etc. So afterward things should move smoothly.

nwbccana

Jul 10, 2021
Has anyone who submitted application after 15th January received an AOR. In the spreadsheet , the last AOR was on June 17th and after that it feels like they've stopped processing at all. :(
I feel the same, but I assume that lot of immigration officers may have taken vacation for Canada Day and so probably by end of month Jan 2021 applicants may receive AORs

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
Hello to all
They are processing. I just got my package returned for missing address information on form 5406 :confused: They highlight what i need to fix which is nice but now im confused and need help with some questions/ concern

1) I sent the application son December 2020, a week before my husband visa expire. Do i need to apply for a visitor visa before RESENDING the application? what happen with his status?

2) They highlight the forms I need to add information. do I only modify these forms and resend the package or i need to modify the other forms? Im asking this for the date on the forms (all are signed and dated for December 2020)

3)When i sent the package i also attached a work permit application, again do i need to modify with current date? or just resend it the way it is????

HELPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE

im so depressed :(

nwbccana

Jul 10, 2021
Hello to all
They are processing. I just got my package returned for missing address information on form 5406 :confused: They highlight what i need to fix which is nice but now im confused and need help with some questions/ concern

1) I sent the application son December 2020, a week before my husband visa expire. Do i need to apply for a visitor visa before RESENDING the application? what happen with his status?

2) They highlight the forms I need to add information. do I only modify these forms and resend the package or i need to modify the other forms? Im asking this for the date on the forms (all are signed and dated for December 2020)

3)When i sent the package i also attached a work permit application, again do i need to modify with current date? or just resend it the way it is????

HELPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE

I am sorry to hear that, I know this is really painful. I hope they take the updated file as dec2020/Jan2021 since they have asked to include letter and checklist they have sent.

Here is a link that may help you: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1492&top=4

1. I would highly recommend contacting with regulated consultant for this.
2. Information in the link says that it should be in the 90 days, but not sure for only missing docs or all docs. The information is deceptive.
3. I think, if they have not asked to change anything there, it should be the same. (Please ask someone else as well)

Take some time, check all docs again, and resend,

Reactions: Elisabet

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
thank you so much for taking the time to read and sending that link.

all information isn’t clear haha that’s why I’m freaking out

I am sorry to hear that, I know this is really painful. I hope they take the updated file as dec2020/Jan2021 since they have asked to include letter and checklist they have sent.

Here is a link that may help you: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1492&top=4

1. I would highly recommend contacting with regulated consultant for this.
2. Information in the link says that it should be in the 90 days, but not sure for only missing docs or all docs. The information is deceptive.
3. I think, if they have not asked to change anything there, it should be the same. (Please ask someone else as well)

Take some time, check all docs again, and resend,

blabs33

Feb 11, 2019
Hello to all

HELPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE

Hi there, I am so sorry that this happened to you. I think there is some good news though: from what I have seen, they process applications that were returned much faster than applications that are initially received. So yes, definitely include the checklist and make sure that it is clear that you are re-submitting your application.

What I think you should look into is the status of your husband. I would directly contact ICC via the internet form and directly ask them what should you do about the status of your husband and if he is OK just re-submitting. My guess is that you would be better off regularizing his situation and getting him an official visitor status, so I would go ahead and look into that. I would also recommend hiring an immigration lawyer (you can do so by the hour) and asking them about this as I think this is really important and could cause problems in the future if you do not take quick action. You want to ensure ICC has absolutely no reason to reject your husband's application, and better to be safe than sorry.

Hope this helps, and best of luck!

Reactions: Elisabet

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I submitted my application today with Open work permit application through FedEx. I hope everything is well.
need your help regarding inland forms, if you can advise me, I would appreciate your help. So I am preparing my documents as per below but can't find open work permit application..which application did you use to submit with inland spouse application and add the open work permit..having a hard time locating open work permit application...can you help?

As of February 14, 2018, we’ve improved this application package based on your feedback. Revised guides and checklists are now available below. Find out more about what we’ve changed.

Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Looks like Im with you guys assuming I dont get lucky. I was a June applicant, but my forms got returned due to a missing piece. Otherwise everything was perfect. Kinda blows. Will be resending in a couple days. Not working is hell. Good luck guys.
what did you miss?

ren247

Jan 31, 2019
Finally hopeful news after so long. Got my email medical request today. App sent on Jan 20. !!!

No AoR yet. Going to check mail later tonight. Will keep you guys updated. Hang in there.

Edit: AoR 5 days ago, Biometrics request today. (Day after medical.)

Last edited: