+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INLAND JAN 2021

ree_mehta

Feb 11, 2021
I sent my application by UPS to Mississauga office on January 8, 2021. It was received by "ID Clerk" the next day. Canada Post would have taken 10 days. I am still waiting for AOR notification. And I tried linking my application to my online account yesterday, but it says my application cannot be found.
Did you receive your AOR yet?

ree_mehta

Feb 11, 2021
Hi there,

Im gathering my documents. Did you pay for biometrics? Or it’s automatic that trv biometric consider the same to apply pr? Thank you
Hey there! My application was received by Nova Scotia office on the 11th of February. Haven't head anything yet.

Grazi

Feb 22, 2020
Sorry to hear that your application was sent back. Would you mind sharing the reasons? The fee should be separated but some people say it s ok to pay them altogether.
It was really frustrating! The application was sent back because it was missing an address on Form 5406 - Additional Family Information. That was it!
Now we’ll send the application again.
The doubt about the fees appeared because of an Immigration Consultant that told us to ask for a refund from last year’s fee and on top of that pay separately the OWP fee and the Sponsorship.

vincent99

Feb 23, 2021
Hey guys I sent my Applications in January, I have 3 questions,
1- Is CIC send mail or just send notifications on mail for open my account on gckey ?
2- is send mail to principal parson or sponser person ?
3- when should be accept hear anything (approximately) ?

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi guys :)) Your feedbacks and information help a lot. I have been in Canada since late 2017, studied here and is now on a PGWP til Dec 2022. I just got married to a Canadian Citizen, have been together for 2 years but we just moved in around December 2020. Might send an application around April or May 2021. Just waiting for our Certificate of Marriage since we just got married 2 weeks ago. Will we get it by snail mail? And I am jobless at the moment, does it matter if I am working or not? And does living with him for just 2 months be a big issue? Thank you so much. Will rely on you guys since I do not have any intention on hiring a lawyer.

rayboom

Jan 31, 2021
Hey guys I sent my Applications in January, I have 3 questions,
1- Is CIC send mail or just send notifications on mail for open my account on gckey ?
2- is send mail to principal parson or sponser person ?
3- when should be accept hear anything (approximately) ?
From what I've seen of other people's experience is: normally you will receive an email of biometric reminder from CIC one month after your application received by the office. Then another approx 1 month ( maybe more) your sponsor will receive an email for confirmation of his sponsorship, we call this letter AOR. After that you can link to your gckey account and receive all messages there. Then just waiting.....

My timeline:
App sent to Mississauga office on Dec31/2020
App received on Jan7/2021
biometric reminder email received on Jan27/2021
still waiting.

rayboom

Jan 31, 2021
Good afternoon guys, my husband ( sponsor) received the AOR1 with a temporary application number start with XF at 1pm today.

I'm confused by below point, if that means I have to wait AOR2 then can start to link the paper application to my account ?

--quote--
Temporary application number
We provided you with a temporary application number if you need to contact us (or use your UCI) regarding your application. This application number is temporary and will no longer be valid once processing begins. You cannot link a paper application to your online account using a temporary number.
--unquote--

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
Hi everybody!
Just wanted to give an update today I've received the AOR today with a Temporary application number

"Application received
We confirm that your application is received and in queue for review. No information or action is
required from you at this time. Please note that this letter does not confirm your application is in
process.
Temporary application number
We provided you with a temporary application number if you need to contact us (or use your UCI)
regarding your application. This application number is temporary and will no longer be valid once
processing begins. You cannot link a paper application to your online account using a temporary
number.
Next steps
We will assess your application to ensure it is complete, and provide you with a permanent
application number"

I hope this help/give us all a little hope (things are moving slow but they are working on it...)