+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INLAND JAN 2021

enigmatic93

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Totally agree with you, I have a friend of mine she sent her application just couple of day after me and her application was delivered on jan 14 just 3 days after mine, she got the Biometric Letter reminder with an F application number but when she search her application on ECAS is not found, this is I am asking myself it's good that my App appear on ECAS already that mean I am ahead or not ? why mine appear on ECAS and hers no , those are the questions that I really ask myself
II wish IRCC was more clear on how applications are processed. We can only wait. Both way it appears to be a good sign, at least they opened both applications and responded in two different ways :)

Tazim123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
My application was Received on January 11, 2021... I can see the message Application received on ECAS online, but I did not get any Biometric letter reminder by Email or anything Yet. Just wondering why Immigration Work like this, I feel there is not standards in the process....
How did you check on ECAS online?

SamHarris

Feb 4, 2021
I submitted my application two weeks ago and got the biometrics reminder. Was wondering does January applicant has what's app group to share our timeline???

AlexF01

Nov 16, 2020
i just got in my mail today a Biometric reminder, just wondering why they did not send it by email , anyway i dont feel so lost at least

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
No update there. My package was delivered on January 12th.
Nor on mine. Mine was received the same day as yours, but I am outland. Hopefully it will be processed soon. I think they did a lot of the initial AORs just to make it look like they were moving files and to put them online for remote processing. This is so crazy. I was so relieved that we FINALLY sent off our package, and thought the stress would be less, but I am feeling so much more stress now. This is so nerve racking! I should have looked at the forums more before sending cause I have seen some areas that I missed, like updated forms and possibly small "typos" like doing ON instead of Ontario. I have made myself not go back to the copies to see what mistakes I made. I think I will now though so that I can prepare things for sending in online when I get a case number. UGG I thought we had it all right. I looked at those pages so many times!

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
hi guys! just wondering I'm planning to submit inland spouse sponsorship after the wedding do we need to apply for extension if we submit spouse sponsorship before 6 months since my fiancé arrived last January 2021 our wedding is this coming march

thanks in advance!

AlexF01

Nov 16, 2020
hi guys! just wondering I'm planning to submit inland spouse sponsorship after the wedding do we need to apply for extension if we submit spouse sponsorship before 6 months since my fiancé arrived last January 2021 our wedding is this coming march

thanks in advance!
Yes , spousal sponsorship do not provide Implied status , you always need to keep extending the status to make sure, the applicant is always with status in Canada, once you receive the Work Permit then you do not longer need to keep extending, but if the person is our of status at the time they check for the work permit application ( if you did) you need to restore the status before they issue the work permit.

Reactions: paul22381

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020

thanks in advance!
You may have problems getting the documentation back on time, but good luck with that.

Reactions: paul22381

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
You may have problems getting the documentation back on time, but good luck with that.
i know but were preparing on it to save time. and now we have rental agreement and electricity bills which under both our names. due to pandemic we don't want again back in long distance relationship its very hard on pandemic situation

Reactions: AmyL

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Yes , spousal sponsorship do not provide Implied status , you always need to keep extending the status to make sure, the applicant is always with status in Canada, once you receive the Work Permit then you do not longer need to keep extending, but if the person is our of status at the time they check for the work permit application ( if you did) you need to restore the status before they issue the work permit.

thanks for the response will do file for extension every 6 months i guess, until she can get PR and open work permit

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
i know but were preparing on it to save time. and now we have rental agreement and electricity bills which under both our names. due to pandemic we don't want again back in long distance relationship its very hard on pandemic situation
I agree. I really hate this long distance thing. being drug out so long. Good luck.

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
I received the biometric fee reminder letter via email today as well, and I have an application number starting with F as well. Application was delivered on Jan 8 for me. One thing I do want to ask is whether the biometric collected by foreign Visa offices previously for the purpose of Visitor Visa can be re-used or not by IRCC. I heard that some people don't need to submit their biometrics because IRCC has them already.
Hi

I got an email on Jan 20, 2021 for “Biometric reminder Fee” (I didn't attached it with the package because my husband did Biometric on Dec 14, 2020 for Visa extension) I was told by biometrics’ office it’s good for 10 years. BUT I ended up paying Biometric fee same day and sent the receipt via IRCC Webform

Application sent: Dec 23, 2020

Application received: Dec 24, 2020 tracked by Canada express post

Biometric reminder Fee: Jan 20, 2021 by Email.

Paid Biometric fee: Jan 20, 2021 sent via Webform

Reactions: AmyL

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hi

I got an email on Jan 20, 2021 for “Biometric reminder Fee” (I didn't attached it with the package because my husband did Biometric on Dec 14, 2020 for Visa extension) I was told by biometrics’ office it’s good for 10 years. BUT I ended up paying Biometric fee same day and sent the receipt via IRCC Webform

Application sent: Dec 23, 2020

Application received: Dec 24, 2020 tracked by Canada express post

Biometric reminder Fee: Jan 20, 2021 by Email.

Paid Biometric fee: Jan 20, 2021 sent via Webform
Congrats!
Could you tell me the email address that it came from. I wanted to make sure I had it in my contacts correctly so that it comes through ok when I get one?