+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Canada227

Apr 3, 2019
Finally!!! We got the PR. Out of nowhere a notification appears in our cic account that the spouse passed eligibility. Then, few days later an email pops in asking us to show up at immigration office to finalize the application. All in all it took us 27 months what was supposed to be 12 months from submitting the application to getting the PR via inland sponsorship. If there is someone else out there who is in a similar situation just hang in there and try not to sweat too much. It is well worth it at the end!!!! God bless and best of luck to ones who are still waiting.

Reactions: Chad4lyphe

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Finally!!! We got the PR. Out of nowhere a notification appears in our cic account that the spouse passed eligibility. Then, few days later an email pops in asking us to show up at immigration office to finalize the application. All in all it took us 27 months what was supposed to be 12 months from submitting the application to getting the PR via inland sponsorship. If there is someone else out there who is in a similar situation just hang in there and try not to sweat too much. It is well worth it at the end!!!! God bless and best of luck to ones who are still waiting.
where did you land? And after aip how long before you got landing letter

Spotnik85

Sep 11, 2018
Hey, great news! Congratulations!

I'm also 27 months waiting. I applied September 12th 2017.

They asked me to re-take medicals on October 30th, and was approved on November 14th. How much time between new medical's approved and PR approval? Can you give us your timeline please. Again congrats!

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Congratulations to you wow 27 months is a long wait glad everything work out in the end,

Can I ask you a question how many months your application was in before it get transfer to your local vo?

Canada227

Apr 3, 2019
Hey, great news! Congratulations!

I'm also 27 months waiting. I applied September 12th 2017.

They asked me to re-take medicals on October 30th, and was approved on November 14th. How much time between new medical's approved and PR approval? Can you give us your timeline please. Again congrats!
We had been asked to redo medicals in August 2018, which we completed and submitted promptly. The medicals passed only in August 2019 just shy of 12 months with no movement in the application between the two dates whatsoever. In November 2019 we received the eligibility passed confirmation and 3 or 4 days later a letter asking to show up at an interview for landing.

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
We had been asked to redo medicals in August 2018, which we completed and submitted promptly. The medicals passed only in August 2019 just shy of 12 months with no movement in the application between the two dates whatsoever. In November 2019 we received the eligibility passed confirmation and 3 or 4 days later a letter asking to show up at an interview for landing.
Where did you land ?

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
Hey that's great! It was fast.

What do they ask you when you go to the landing interview?

Thanks
Just the basic stuff. I landed under spouse/ common law partner. The questions were when was my last entry into Canada .... If i ever been convicted of any crime in or outside of Canada.... If i have any dependant not listed on my application.... Thats about it.

Spotnik85

Sep 11, 2018
Alright, thanks for the quick reply. Congratulations again with your PR.

Just the basic stuff. I landed under spouse/ common law partner. The questions were when was my last entry into Canada .... If i ever been convicted of any crime in or outside of Canada.... If i have any dependant not listed on my application.... Thats about it.

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Still waiting for Dm letter, work permit expire February Should I renewal or not? Still waiting for landing letter don’t know how long it take