MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
what is the current fee for in-land along with open work permit, does anyone have the answer to this?

Abundance2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Hi my timeline are the following:
Oct 26, 2017 application received
May 1, 2018 medical request both dependent and p.a
Mid of May 2018 dependent and p.a both pass medical
Sept 2018 p.a passed eligibility
December 14 2018 DM both PA and SA
UNTIL NOW NO INTERVIEW IS SET. It’s been 4months since application was finalized. I’m on the end of my patience. It just boils my blood whenever I think how unfair it is for me.
I have a relative whose application was received in April 2017, SA approved April 30, 2018, file transferred to Etobicoke July 2018 no update since, no interview no nothing she is just as frustrated as you are even more since her file is taking way longer

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
I have a relative whose application was received in April 2017, SA approved April 30, 2018, file transferred to Etobicoke July 2018 no update since, no interview no nothing she is just as frustrated as you are even more since her file is taking way longer
I am in the same situation as your case. My file got transferred to etobicoke in July 2018 and application was received May 2017, SA approved July 2018 and PA file transferred for further assessment at etobicoke no updates from Etobicoke nothing .All we do everyday is to pray and wait. Canada immigration system is totally not a true reflection of what they described on the cic website . They can't be trusted.

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
Honestly this entire immigration system is like a bad drug. It make you do and say things you won't normally do only the strong can survive. We are all stronger than we think because we have waited all this time and still have our sanity. I don't think these people realise we are humans too the way they suffer us. It's just sad.

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
I am in the same situation as your case. My file got transferred to etobicoke in July 2018 and application was received May 2017, SA approved July 2018 and PA file transferred for further assessment at etobicoke no updates from Etobicoke nothing .All we do everyday is to pray and wait. Canada immigration system is totally not a true reflection of what they described on the cic website . They can't be trusted.
@Attak your wait is just beyond extreme at this point. You honestly have to just keep a positive mind although it's not easy.

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Thanks for your reply. Do you know whether they will ask lots questions about my life after I failed my refugee claim? I failed 6 years ago, I know a lawyer cannot help me a lot when I go to CBSA, but if something happened, they need to talk with lawyer on my behalf.
Depends with the officer.but basically they may ask where you have worked and your previous addresses.

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
So today I receive an email from CIC etobicoke for RCMP cerificate and I'm lost as to why. The only thing that came to my mind is when I went to CBSA and they executed the warrant by taking my photo and fingerprints. Anyway here is a copy of the email

I hope this email finds you well. On April 23, 2019 I received your inquiry. Please be advised that I have pulled your application from the review queue and completed an assessment.

You currently require updated RCMP fingerprints. A letter was request for fingerprints was sent to your email address, today.

In addition, please advise if you have a valid passport as one is required.

I hope the above has answered some of your concerns & is satisfactory.

Kindest regards,

I receive my work permit and it came with two errors which was my address and my coutry of citizenship so I had to call them to let them know (Which is advised to do when mistakes are made on government docs). Anyway i was told to fill out the necessary form and mail it to them for the changes to be made and they will issue me a new one. So my question is what does she mean by she pulled my file and completed an assessment? This is the only email I got today and I ask my rep and they didn't receive any letter for certificate. I check my spam and refresh my page multiple times still nothing. They always correspond with my representative so I don't know why they now start emailing me.

Abundance2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Yea my fam
She had to call CIC last week and have them send a reminder to Etobicoke and ask them to make a decision because the time has passed, this process can be really frustrating and costly especially to one’s mental stability, they promise 1 year processing time but take more than 2 to finalize our application which is not good. The longer they wait the more we spend to renew documents medicals etc, it’s really hard, they need to consider that we are limited to how much we can contribute to the country with a work permit as certain privileges are only given to PR and citizens of this country so going forward I think they should look into the fact that taking too long to process our applications won’t be beneficial to the country’s growth

Abundance2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Yea my fam
She had to call CIC last week and have them send a reminder to Etobicoke and ask them to make a decision because the time has passed, this process can be really frustrating and costly especially to one’s mental stability, they promise 1 year processing time but take more than 2 to finalize our application which is not good. The longer they wait the more we spend to renew documents medicals etc, it’s really hard, they need to consider that we are limited to how much we can contribute to the country with a work permit as certain privileges are only given to PR and citizens of this country

Last edited:
Reactions: Attak

Pinklala

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Yea my fam

She had to call CIC last week and have them send a reminder to Etobicoke and ask them to make a decision because the time has passed, this process can be really frustrating and costly especially to one’s mental stability, they promise 1 year processing time but take more than 2 to finalize our application which is not good. The longer they wait the more we spend to renew documents medicals etc, it’s really hard, they need to consider that we are limited to how much we can contribute to the country with a work permit as certain privileges are only given to PR and citizens of this country
How do in

Pinklala

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Sorry for the first post ,how do one has to tell them to make decisions on our file coz i applied 2017 January ,2018 July they call us for relationship interview up to now no update.....

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Sorry for the first post ,how do one has to tell them to make decisions on our file coz i applied 2017 January ,2018 July they call us for relationship interview up to now no update.....
did you try sending cic an email using webform ? which city u r located?